If We Ever - Final

Love Café

Woohyun was devastated to say the least. Apparently he had overworked himself and stayed overnight for the past few days. And judging from the way he had been covering his face repeatedly for the past few minutes, someone would immediately get the hint that the said guy had been going through rough time. Dongwoo couldn't help but feel worried for the younger guy.

 

      "Hoya, what should I do..? He didn't even leave his spot during break... He might overwork himself to death..." Dongwoo bit his lips as he glanced at Woohyun outside the room. Hoya sighed turned his eyes towards the said guy.

      "I'm not sure... Dongwoo-yah, I'm sure you have a way to comfort him. You're his best friend after all," Hoya muttered. Dongwoo sighed this time.

      "I don't know. He had been spending generous amount of time with the people from the coffee shop... You know, a slip of tongue might break him even more," Dongwoo pouted as he paced back and forth the room. Hoya furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

      "... You know..." Hoya looked up at Dongwoo, "probably a slip of tongue might actually help this time."

 

Dongwoo's eyes widened at the straight face Hoya giving him.

 

      "Are you for real?" Dongwoo blinked with his wide eyes. Hoya nodded before he smiled faintly.

      "It's all right. We had been through those times after all."

.

.

Woohyun bit his lips as another tear threatened to escape his eyes. He in a sharp breath, trying to stop himself from being a crybaby. Woohyun is actually a strong person. A very tough one to break. But when it comes to a certain red human-sized hamster, he felt so helpless. He snapped his head up when he felt a hand rest itself on his shoulder.

 

      "Wanna talk?" Dongwoo smiled at him. Woohyun rubbed his eyes before he smiled back to Dongwoo.

      "What to talk about?"

      "Hmm... Let's see. There's this guy who had been feeling all depressed for the past three days that he didn't even bother to come back home to at least rest. What do you think I should do with this guy?" Dongwoo crossed his arms and Woohyun smiled weakly at him.

      "I'm sorry..."

      "I'm not here to hear your apology. But you know, it might not hurt to say something," Dongwoo said holding Woohyun's hand in his.

      "I don't know, Woo..." Woohyun muttered. Dongwoo just stared at him for a while.

      "Well then... Is it all right if I tell you a story about me? It involves me and a certain short-tempered boss," Dongwoo said with a grin.

 

Woohyun blinked at Dongwoo in confusion. The older guy is usually very secretive about his background, especially about his relationship. And in fact, his boss was the one who sent him out when Woohyun accidentally walked into the two's making out session. Why in the world would Dongwoo spill out such fundamental information..?

 

      "All right, spill," Woohyun said with a small smile. Dongwoo nodded in return.

      "Okay. So, there was this time when I just got employed here. Unlike you who managed to attract lots of friends, I had to spend the first month with no one to talk to. And when I said no one, I mean literally no one. There was no such thing as friendship here, everything was about up to the boss," Dongwoo said with a sigh.

      "And apparently you also literally up the boss," Woohyun said with a sleazy grin. Dongwoo narrowed his eyes at him.

      "Way to go to ruin the mood, Nam."

      "Right, I'm sorry. So you were saying?"

      "Basically saying, I was lonely. I walked home thinking about what to do with my next few years working here when the situation was pretty much disastrous. I kept thinking of how nice it would be to have someone by my side to share the problems with..."

      "So you were desperate."

 

Dongwoo sighed and face palmed himself.

 

      "You know what? This is not gonna work. Annyeong, Nam." Dongwoo stood up immediately.

      "Wait, wait! I'm sorry, all right?! I thought you were here to cheer me up!" Woohyun tugged at the older guy's wrist. Dongwoo pouted instantly.

      "How am I supposed to 'cheer' you up if you keep on cutting my story with ridiculous comments?!"

      "Fine. I won't speak unless you tell me to," Woohyun crossed his arms. Dongwoo sat down with another sigh.

      "Okay. So, as I was saying, I didn't really like the situation and I felt lonely. And by the moment I looked around, I noticed that I had ended up in a street I've never been before. But the thing that caught my attention immediately was the sweet aroma of butter along with the smell of coffee..."

 

Woohyun looked up from his laps with wide eyes. He noticed that Dongwoo had been giving him a smile that he couldn't tell. Usually he would be able to read the older's mind just from his expression, but this time it's different. There's something behind that smile.

 

      "I entered the cafe, and to my surprise, there were only a few workers there. And that time they told me that the cafe is only visible to people who lacks that warmth inside, which is that specific emotion we know as love," Dongwoo said with a sincere smile. Woohyun's eyes started to water again.

      "Woohyun-ah, Sunggyu and the others didn't disappear because they avoided you or something. The coffee shop only exists in order to let you have a taste of the bittersweet feeling," Dongwoo wiped the tear that had trailed down Woohyun's cheek.

      "B-but, Woo-yah... Now that Sunggyu's gone... All I have now is the bitter feeling," Woohyun said looking down.

 

He would be lying if he said he had moved on. In fact, the reason why Woohyun refused to go home was because he's afraid. Afraid that when he walked pass the specific road, he wouldn't be able to see the familiar coffee shop.

 

      "Now, now. I said that I'm here to cheer you up, remember?" Dongwoo pulled at the younger guy's cheeks.

      "H-how?" Woohyun blinked the tear away. Dongwoo grinned at him.

      "Well... Remember when I said that the story includes a certain short-tempered boss?"

.

.

Sunggyu silently counted the money in the cashier machine while the others busied themselves with cleaning up. The shop is about to close within an hour. Sungyeol sighed and walked towards Myungsoo.

 

      "I'm starting to miss Woohyun," Sungyeol said with a sigh.

      "What can we do, Yeol? We had to finish our task or else there would never be another customer," Myungsoo said.

      "Are you saying that you rushed things up so that you'd be able to get rid of Woohyun?!"

      "I didn't say that! You know that I took a liking towards Woohyun as well! But you know... The boss won't be happy if he found out that we got attached with a certain customer..." Myungsoo muttered. Sungyeol looked down instantly.

 

Sunggyu looked at the two with a dejected look on his face. They know that they're not allowed to get attached with a customer. But business is still business. They're supposed to make money or else the boss would fire them for sure. Sunggyu immediately turned when the bell rang to see that the boss had entered the cafe.

 

      "Boss, you're here," Sunggyu went out from his spot to greet his boss.

      "I'm not here as your boss today, Gyu-hyung."

      "Okay. What do you want, Hoya?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at the said guy. Hoya simply smiled at him.

      "I'm here to take the cake I ordered this morning."

      "I'll take it!" Sungyeol exclaimed as he immediately leaped to the kitchen.

 

Sunggyu leaned his back against the counter as he watched the younger guy, his boss, walked around the cafe observing the area. Even though he said that he's not here as the higher-up, Hoya is still the owner of the said business. Obviously he developed this habit of keeping everything in place.

 

      "Here's your order, sir," Sungyeol smiled as he put the box on the table. Hoya stared at the specific table for a while before a smile once again reached his lips.

      "Thank you, Sungyeol. By the way, Sunggyu," Hoya called. Sunggyu looked up from the cashier immediately once the tone changed into the higher-up's.

      "Dongwoo will be here within an hour with the new workers I've informed to you."

      "I understand, sir. But why are they coming when it's closing time?" Sunggyu blinked.

      "One of them is still attending school, while the other had some business to do today. And you guys are going to train them tonight since I expect them to be able to do well starting from tomorrow."

      "It would take hours!" Myungsoo said with wide eyes. Hoya simply waved him off.

      "Have a good day."

 

Once their boss is out of sight, Myungsoo and Sungyeol banged their heads to the counter simultaneously. Sungjong barged out of the kitchen with an annoyed look.

 

      "Have a good day? Have a good day, he said?! Let me give him a good night!" Sungjong almost screamed in frustration. They're closing at ten. If they're going to train the new workers, that means they're not going home tonight.

      "Calm down, Jongie. You were the most excited one when the boss told us about the new workers before," Sunggyu said with a sigh.

      "That's because he said I won't have to be alone anymore in the kitchen!" Sungjong pouted and stomped towards the counter.

      "Then you shouldn't worry much about it! If he managed to make the boss place him in the kitchen, then this new worker must have some skills, right?"

      "I hope so..." Sungjong muttered, the pout was now replaced with a frown.

 

The moment Dongwoo entered the coffee shop, the four guys had finished cleaning up. Dongwoo chuckled when he saw the tired looks on the four workers' feature.

 

      "Hyung, are they all right?" the youngest among the three asked worriedly when he saw Sunggyu and the others sprawled on the floor.

      "Don't worry, they're okay. Yah, Kim Myungsoo! Lee Sungyeol, Lee Sungjong! Kim Sunggyu, YAH!" Dongwoo had to kick on their legs in order to wake them up. The four workers groaned and rubbed their eyes tiredly.

      "Dongwoo-hyung, I'm really tired! Why do we even have to train-- Woohyun..?" Sungyeol's jaw dropped slightly.

 

The other workers looked up almost immediately at the familiar name. Sunggyu's eyes went wide at the sight of smiling boy in front of him.

 

      "No 'welcome back'?" Woohyun grinned sheepishly. He almost regretted saying that when Sungyeol and Myungsoo decided to leaped up towards him and tackled him to the floor.

.

.

 

     "Well... Remember when I said that the story includes a certain short-tempered boss?" Dongwoo grinned. Woohyun raised an eyebrow.

     "What's with this short-tempered boss?"

     "Hoya ran the business. During that time his father was the CEO of this company while he handled the coffee shop by himself. The two of us met, we fell in love, and yet fate decided that we're not allowed to see each other. That's what happened to the previous customers as well."

     "WAIT. Hoya ran the business?! But then, why are you guys still dating? Why is he even here?!" Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

     "I told my father that I would be taking over the company when he had to stay in the hospital. But because I couldn't pay attention to both, I decided to let Sunggyu manage the shop for me." Woohyun looked up in surprise to see Hoya standing behind him. Hoya shot him a small smile before he walked to Dongwoo's side.

     "And because Dongwoo is here, that's why I made the decision of moving. But for Sunggyu, it's kind of hard for him to move here. Aside from office-work is not his style, Sunggyu had done a splendid work as a manager. I couldn't let him leave the cafe just for you."

 

Woohyun bit his lips. He understood what Hoya was trying to say. He felt uneasiness started to rush in at the thought of leaving the office, leaving his best friend, in order to be with the person he loved.

No, he loves.

The feeling hadn't fade even a bit. Woohyun smiled at the thought of a certain Kim Sunggyu before he looked at the pair in front of him. Dongwoo has Hoya with him, it would be all right. Everything would be all right... Right..?

 

     "... Can I just work part time..? I mean, in the morning I'll be here while--"

     "No. I like it when you overwork, but I don't tolerate any kind of cutting working hours. If you're going to continue working, choose. It's between here or there," Hoya crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at Woohyun. Woohyun felt like groaning almost instantly.

     "Oh come on. It's not like you're going to waste this chance anyway," Dongwoo smiled at Woohyun. The latter smiled apologetically at Dongwoo.

     "I'm sorry, Woo-yah. Apparently I'll have to leave you alone again..."

     "Alone? No, Hoya is here for me!" Dongwoo laughed as he pulled Woohyun into a tight hug. "Don't worry about me, pabo! I've went through this before, now it's your turn!"

 

Woohyun nodded with a smile before he turned towards Hoya.

 

     "So where do I have to sign?"

.

.

 

      "I never knew you cook," Sunggyu said. Woohyun looked up from the cake he had been decorating and smiled at the red-head. The training went successfully well within short amount of time that even Sungjong said that it's all right to leave Woohyun without any supervision.

      "Well, I guess you don't know everything about me then," Woohyun grinned as he opened his arms. Sunggyu raised his eyebrow.

      "What? You're not even going to give your boyfriend a hug?"

 

Sunggyu blinked before he let out a breathy chuckle. With each step Sunggyu went closer, Woohyun's heart beat faster. Finally, when they're just inches away from each other, Sunggyu circled his arms around the smaller guy's waist, pulling him close.

 

      "How did you even come back here? You're not supposed to be able to come back again," Sunggyu muttered, inhaling the familiar scent of the younger guy.

      "Oh, believe me. I have my own ways," Woohyun said grinning. Sunggyu shook his head with a smile.

      "You're one of a kind, Nam Woohyun."

      "I've told you that you don't even know half of it," Woohyun said as he leaned closer, their nose touching each other's.

      "I know almost everything about you," Sunggyu breathed out, "Including the fact that you're in love with me."

 

And with that, Sunggyu let his lips touched Woohyun's, the warmth that he had been longed for during the days of Woohyun's absence. The thought had been inside his mind for a while. Probably it's not Woohyun who needed the warmth. 'Probably it's actually me who needs him,' Sunggyu thought with a small smile.

His heart ached as the memory of crying Woohyun came accross his mind. Woohyun couldn't see him, but Sunggyu saw everything. He vowed to himself that he would never let Woohyun make that face anymore.

 

      "Lovebirds, please remember that you're in the kitchen!" Sungyeol yelled. Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the loudness while Woohyun laughed at Sungyeol being Sungyeol.

      "Don't worry, Yeol. The kitchen is a sacred place for me as well," Woohyun snickered when he noticed Sungjong glaring at him and Sunggyu.

      "Please, Jong, as if you never did it with Yeol in the kitchen," Sunggyu said with a shudder. Myungsoo chuckled when both Sungyeol and Sungjong turned red.

      "Oh well. Now that Sunggyu-hyung has Woohyunnie and Yeol with Jong, I guess I'm alone again," Myungsoo said clicking his tongue.

      "Well, Myung, probably you can go out with the other new worker. What was his name again? Changjo?" Woohyun glanced at Sunggyu.

      "Speak of the devil."

 

Sunggyu motioned towards the door to see the tall student barged in, slightly panting.

 

      "I'm not late, am I?" Changjo bit his lips. Woohyun shook his head with a slight chuckle.

      "You're right on time. Go change your clothes, we might get a customer today," Sunggyu said. Changjo nodded and went to the staff room immediately.

      "Changjo, huh? To tell you the truth, that kid actually isn't bad looking," Myungsoo's lips turned up into a slight smirk before Sungjong slapped his head with a spatula.

      "DON'T. Changjo is still really young and your presence would only corrupt him!" Sungjong glared at him.

      "Dear Sungjongie, for your information, that kid has nothing to be corrupted anymore!" Myungsoo glared back at him.

      "Everything okay?" Changjo, who just finished tidying up himself, raised an eyebrow at the heavy atmosphere between Sungjong and Myungsoo.

      "It's something that you must get used to if you're working here," Sungyeol shook his head with a sigh.

 

The two continued to engage in a heavy staring contest until the bell rang, indicating that a customer had arrived. Woohyun's eyes lit up at the sight of a pretty boy, looking pretty much lost, blinking his big doe eyes at the workers.

 

      "Uh... Is this place open..?" The boy blinked.

      "It is! Please take a seat! Changjo, go serve your first customer," Sunggyu said patting Changjo's back.

 

Sungyeol noticed Changjo's expression went slightly rigid and he had gulped at least twice when he took the boy's order. Sungyeol smirked at Myungsoo.

 

      "I guess Myungsoo just doesn't have any luck when it comes to love," Sungyeol said.

      "True. But this time I guess I'm supposed to be the bad guy again," Myungsoo muttered rolling his eyes. "But I don't mind, though. I mean, look at that figure..."

      "Kim Myungsoo, he's underage for 's sake!" Sungjong hissed.

      "By the way, you know why I decided to take the waiter's place when you came?" Sunggyu smiled at Woohyun. Woohyun looked and he noticed that Sunggyu had been standing behind the cashier for the past few days.

      "Right. You're the cashier boy," Woohyun blinked at him. Sunggyu smirked and leaned closer to whisper to Woohyun's ear.

      "Because as a waiter... I can move from one place to another with your eyes directed at my ."

 

Woohyun's eyes went wide at Sunggyu's words. He shook his head in disbelief when Sunggyu pulled away to give him one of his signature smirks. He had been caught. Truth to be told, the real reason why he became a regular wasn't because of the coffee in the first place. He had been coming back for that specific reason Sunggyu had mentioned.

After all, where in the world is there any other cafe that serves good beverages along with such great eye candy?

 

      "I must say you did a great job as a waiter," Woohyun said chuckling. Sunggyu smiled at him before he adverted his attention towards the young waiter going towards his way.

      "Did you get his name?"

      "Lee Chanhee... But he prefers to be called Chunji," Changjo said as he ripped the paper off his notepad.

 

Sunggyu glanced at Sungyeol and Myungsoo with a smirk.

 

      "You've got yourself another task to do."

 


 

 

A/N: I'm really glad that I managed to create such an impact to you guys on the previous chapter. Finally, it's the end! :)

Thank you for all of you who had subscribed and commented and you who had been showing your supports through reading the whole story, even though I spotted lots of ninja readers lol.

Anyway, thanks again, and I hope you'll continue giving your support to the next upcoming stories! :)