Fade Together

Love Café

Woohyun opened the door slowly, trying not to make a sound as he peeked inside. A part of him feared that Myungsoo might jump out from the darkness to eat him alive while another part of him just had this bad feeling. A frown crossed his features when he noticed that the cafe was unusually quiet. That's when he noticed that the place was empty.

 

      "That's weird. People would usually lock the door or put a 'closed' sign if they left the place," Woohyun raised an eyebrow as he took a step inside.

 

He took notice of the total silence when he heard his own steps echoed throughout the whole area. But then suddenly, a creak could be heard. Woohyun immediately snapped his head towards the source of the sound only to find the tall choding's face inches apart from his.

 

      "God, Yeol! I almost shat brick, you prick!" Woohyun barked while Sungyeol laughed at the shorter guy's reaction.

      "That's a language you have there. And man, you should've seen your face... Anyway, sorry for not welcoming you before. I was a bit... busy," Sungyeol grinned lightly. Woohyun raised an eyebrow at him.

      "Busy? Where are the others?"

      "Gosh. You have me right here standing in front of you and you're looking for the others! Sunggyu-hyung and Myungsoo went out for a business they had to settle. The only ones here are Sungjong and me," Sungyeol pouted. Woohyun's eyes went wide at the mention of a familiar name.

      "Sungjong..?" Woohyun blinked at him.

      "Yeah. Sungjong is the one working behind the kitchen. He rarely comes out when there's a customer."

      "Wait. Is this Sungjong you're talking about is--"

      "Nam Woohyun?"

 

At the mention of his name, Woohyun turned his head around. His eyes almost bulged out at the figure standing in front of him. It's indeed the same Lee Sungjong.

 

      "Oh. So you're the current customer..." Sungjong smiled knowingly. Woohyun glanced back and forth from Sungjong to Sungyeol.

      "W-wait. I thought you're running your... um... business..?"

 

Woohyun didn't even have to say it directly for Sungjong to understand. Sungjong simply nodded and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

      "True, I'm running this business you're talking about. But during daytime I work here," Sungjong said. "I mean, you can't expect me to make money just by that. Soon the authorities are going to shut my business down for good."

      "But... But still-- Argh, I'm getting a headache."

 

Sungyeol shot Woohyun an amused look before he circled his arm around Sungjong's waist and pulled the smaller guy closer to him.

 

      "So you weren't lying when you said Nam Woohyun is a customer at your place," Sungyeol said furrowing his eyebrows.

      "Ne. He's even a regular there. Or probably used to be," Sungjong said making Sungyeol gasped. "I don't know why he hasn't showed up for the past few days though. Usually he'd be there almost every night."

      "Of course he couldn't show up. Someone messed his thoughts up these days," Sungyeol snickered. Woohyun narrowed his eyes at him.

      "What do you know?" Woohyun raised an eyebrow.

      "Please, I've told you that we have all the information," Sungyeol muttered. "And I also know that Myungsoo had been hitting on you to the extent of kissing you. I must say he's quite bold sometimes..."

      "Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Do NOT remind me of that incident! I had a nightmare because of it," Woohyun frowned.

 

Sungjong chuckled while Sungyeol laughed at him making Woohyun frowned even more. The bell of the door once again rang, indicating that someone had just walked inside. Sungjong glanced at the door direction before he glanced once again at Woohyun.

 

      "I'm going back to my spot. See you tonight?"

      "I'm not sure if I'm going tonight..." Woohyun mumbled looking down. Sungjong's lips tugged into a satisfied smile.

      "Good. In fact, don't come back ever again," Sungjong waved before he went into the kitchen. Woohyun looked at the retreating figure until he disappeared behind the door.

 

'Now to think of it... I haven't even thought of getting another one night stand for the past few days...' Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought. But then his thought got cut off by his own yelp when he felt arms snaking around his waist and lifted him off the ground.

 

      "YAH!"

      "Aigoo, Woohyun is here~" Myungsoo cooed as he snuggled to Woohyun's back. Woohyun's face went red almost instantly at the thought of the last encounter he had with the younger man. Sadly, he missed the obviously irritated look on Sunggyu's face.

      "M-Myungsoo, please, this feels weird..." Woohyun muttered as Myungsoo let his feet touched the ground. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at him.

      "Why? Don't tell me you're finally falling for me?" Myungsoo asked with a smirk, secretly glanced at the red head in front of the counter.

 

Sunggyu was beyond pissed. The boss had called on him and Myungsoo because apparently their boss found out that aside from dragging their customer out, Myungsoo had done something that could be considered as harassment. Just the thought of Myungsoo holding Woohyun's hand had made Sunggyu's blood boil. Then what would happen if he found out that Myungsoo forced-kissed Woohyun? Myungsoo knew that it would be the best to leave out the details from his hyung.

And now, just an hour after their boss sent them a warning, Myungsoo decided to get all close with Woohyun again. But what irked him was the fact that Woohyun actually turned red at Myungsoo's touch. The green-eyed monster inside him started to creep out, and Sunggyu didn't know if he would like the outcome of it.

 

      "Stop saying nonsense. You confused me more than enough already yesterday," Woohyun said with a sigh, looking at the ground.

      "Then why are you not looking at my eyes?" Myungsoo tilted his head to the side as he lifted Woohyun's chin to have a better look of the latter's face. He couldn't hide his surprise when Woohyun still refused to see his eyes.

      "I..."

 

Sunggyu bit his lips as Woohyun's cheeks started to turn pink again. He had enough. Without wasting any second, he marched towards the two and gripped on Woohyun's wrist tightly. The other two immediately turned their heads to see Sunggyu with wide eyes. Sunggyu simply glared at Myungsoo.

 

      "I'm taking him with me."

 

And without even sparing a glance, Sunggyu pulled Woohyun out of the shop. Myungsoo looked at the open door with his jaw slightly dropping. Sungyeol chuckled and put his arm on Myungsoo's shoulder.

 

      "You did it, Myung," Sungyeol grinned. Myungsoo nodded with a smirk forming on his lips.

      "I did. But then again Yeol, when did I ever fail?"

.

.

      "Sunggyu, where are you--"

      "It's hyung. I'm older than you." Woohyun rolled his eyes at Sunggyu's response.

      "Fine, Sunggyu-hyung. Where are you taking me, if I may ask?"

 

Woohyun blinked at the red head who just suddenly halted in his steps and turned around. The memory of the night when he confessed to the guy in front of him suddenly flashed once again. But this time, Sunggyu was actually holding his hand throughout the time they went out of the cafe.

 

      "I'm taking you away from Myungsoo," Sunggyu clenched his jaw at the thought of Woohyun being awkward all of a sudden in front of Myungsoo.

      "But why? He didn't do anything bad--"

      "He kissed you and you thought nothing of that? Wow, Nam Woohyun, you seriously are a manwhore huh?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. He was irritated as hell and he tried his best to surpress his annoyance.

      "I don't get it why this concerned you," Woohyun narrowed his eyes.

 

Woohyun started to get annoyed by Sunggyu's sudden moodswing. He seriously didn't get the reason for Sunggyu to be so worked up when in actuality he got rejected by the said red head. But he couldn't hide his surprise when Sunggyu pulled his collar, and the next thing he knew their lips touched. Knowing that there might be no second time, Woohyun tilted his head and kissed him back. The two separated and let their foreheads touched each other's.

 

      "I had my own reason for rejecting you..." Sunggyu mumbled. "And I know that I would surely regret letting my decision of doing this..."

      "But I couldn't let Myungsoo take you away... I don't want you to be taken away by him," Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun for a moment before he placed another kiss on the latter's lips.

      "... Pabo. You didn't even know half of it," Woohyun chuckled. "So I'm taking this as a yes, then?"

      "A yes?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

      "For the last time. Remember when I asked you out? You deadpanned me with a no, remember?" Woohyun rested his hand on Sunggyu's shoulder and smiled. He noticed a slight hesitation crossed his feature, but Sunggyu nodded nonetheless.

      "It's a yes then," Sunggyu placed his hand behind Woohyun's head before he leaned in once again for a kiss. Never in his life Woohyun felt anymore happier.

 

'Probably Sungjong managed to make the magic coffee,' Woohyun smiled inwardly at the thought of it.

 

It was not only lust nor any one night stand. It was definitely not any kind of prank, and Woohyun knew it the best. He felt the warmth inside his chest and he finally understood that Sunggyu is the special person that he was looking for.

He finally knew what it is like to love someone.

.

.

Woohyun hummed to himself as he walked down the street, planning on paying a visit to his new lover. He smiled at the thought of the flustered look on the giant hamster's face when he held him and placed another gentle kiss. But then his smile fell at the sight in front of him.

'A convenience store..?'

Woohyun blinked at the sign. He was sure that this is the place he went to yesterday, and yet there's no sign of any cafe around the area. He hesitantly took a step and entered the store as he looked around.

 

'No tables or counters. No Sungyeol or Myungsoo. And there's no Sunggyu...' Woohyun bit his lips as he went further inside.

 

      "Can I help you, sir?"

      "Oh. Uh, do you know what happened to the cafe here? The one with those romantic sappy legends about only lonely people can enter..." Woohyun asked unsurely at the clerk. The clerk raised an eyebrow at him.

      "There's no cafe around this area, sir."

      "But it used to be here!" The clerk once again shot him a confused look.

      "I've been working here for years, sir. There's no such thing as a cafe here."

 

Then realization hit him. Hard.

Woohyun dashed out of the store and looked around. The other stores around the area were still there, and yet only the cafe was nowhere to be seen. He bit his lips before he turned sharply towards random direction.

 

     "You like him too, why did you push him away?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. Sunggyu smiled weakly at him.

 

Woohyun ran along the pathway. His breath hitched in his throat as he inwardly shook his head in disbelief.

 

     "You know it yourself, Myung. This cafe is almost non-existent, just like what Sungyeol said. And the only people who entered this place are those who are in need of love and warmth."

 

He looked around frantically, trying to find the sense of familiarity that he knew he would never find.

 

      "If I let myself to be close to him, if I let myself to submit to him, he might find that specific warmth..."

 

Tears brimmed in his eyes. Woohyun dropped on his knees as he understood one thing. One painful truth that he would never want to accept.

 

      "And when that happens, he would never be able to find this place again..."

 

As tears cascaded down his cheeks, he let out a loud cry, not minding the odd looks he received from the passersby.

 

      "It might sounds really selfish, but I want him to stay, even though it means I would never let myself to be with him. Because once he found that happiness... That's the cue for me to leave."

 

And all those happy memories started to crumple bit by bits. Just like the cafe and Kim Sunggyu, the warmth inside his chest faded within a breath.

And for once Nam Woohyun finally understood what it is like to be heart-broken.