Sensing Nonsense

Love Café

Myungsoo leaned his head against the window as he stared at the snow falling slowly. He took a glance at the red-haired guy at the cashier before he sighed inwardly.

Kim Sunggyu does not serve people. He had always loathe the waiter position, and yet he immediately took the spot when Woohyun stepped inside the cafe. The thought of Sunggyu deliberately serving Woohyun irked him to no end. With frustration clearly written all over his face, Myungsoo stomped out of the cafe only to crash into a certain customer who had somehow occupied his mind for the past hours.

 

      "Aish! Yah, you all right? What's with you going out so suddenly..." Woohyun muttered as he dusted away the invisible dust on his pants. Myungsoo's eyes widened for a while before he quickly pulled Woohyun away from the cafe, knowing that Sunggyu was observing him at the moment.

      "Yah, Myungsoo, what in the world are you dragging me for?!" Woohyun raised his voice yet Myungsoo paid him no attention. With a huff, Woohyun decided not to go against him.

.

.

      "What the... Why is he taking him away?!" Sungyeol frowned. He had prepared himself so he could welcome Woohyun, and yet Myungsoo took him away within a blink.

      "... Yeol, did Myungsoo say anything to you about this?" Sunggyu frowned as well, not liking the fact that Woohyun let himself to be dragged away despite his lately midnight confession.

      "Nope. Not even a bit," Sungyeol shrugged. "But hyung, I'm actually worried about him... You don't think that Myungsoo... Right..?" Sungyeol trailed off with an awkward grin. Without even completing his sentence, Sunggyu already understood what Sungyeol was trying to say. In fact, deep inside Sunggyu actually feared it as well.

      "Of course not. Myungsoo is just being Myungsoo right now. Playing around like he usually does," Sunggyu said shaking his head with a small laugh.

 

Sunggyu glanced up when he noticed that the atmosphere tensed up suddenly. His eyes met with a frowning choding standing right in front of him before he felt his collars went tight all of a sudden.

 

      "Hyung, this isn't a joke. We know what kind of person Woohyun is, and letting him to be alone with Myungsoo. is. definitely. NOT. a. good. thing!" Sungyeol shook Sunggyu with each word he spat out.

      "Then what do you want me to do?!" Sunggyu raised his voice.

      "Take him away, have him your way, hide him somewhere, kill him and bury him somewhere, I don't give a damn! Just separate the two of them-- Oh God, boss won't be happy to hear this..." Sungyeol paced from one spot to another. Anxiety clearly visible on his face.

      "Look, Yeol, we'll deal with this as soon as possible. We'll just take care of this the moment Myungsoo's back. Let's just hope the boss knows nothing about this--"

      "What is this 'this' are you talking about, if I may ask?"

 

Both Sunggyu and Sungyeol turned around and their face paled immediately at the sight of the familiar guy standing with his arms crossed. From the usual stern look that had somehow turned into a deep frown, Sunggyu knew that it's no use to hide it anymore.

 

', he's pissed.' 

.

.

      "So, mind telling me why are you dragging me here?" Woohyun finally spoke as he stared at the guy sitting on the swing next to him. The two of them had ended up at a small park not far from the cafe. Apparently Myungsoo had a feeling that it's better to stop by somewhere near as he sensed trouble coming after him.

      "I'm just feeling down lately," Myungsoo said with a sigh.

      "And so you're dragging me here," Woohyun finished off with a raised eyebrow. Myungsoo chuckled at him.

      "Kind of," Myungsoo smiled. Woohyun rolled his eyes before he let out a small chuckle.

      "What bothered you so much that this frown managed to climb up that pretty face?" Woohyun poked Myungsoo's cheek making the latter looked at him with wide eyes.

      "Well... I was thinking about us..." Myungsoo trailed off.

      "I'm sorry, what?"

Myungsoo sighed and shook his head, "I know this is how you'd react." Woohyun lowered his gaze towards the sand under their feet.

      "Myungsoo, you know that there's no us. You were doing your job, and I was playing the role of a customer."

      "Then what about Sunggyu? He was also doing his job, he played his role as a waiter to serve you," Myungsoo said.

 

Woohyun tensed up at the mention of his name. The memories of the midnight confession once again played into his mind. Woohyun sighed as he remembered the reason why he wanted to come to the cafe just now.

 

      "Why are you bringing him up so suddenly, Myung," Woohyun glanced at the other male to see that he somehow had been frowning at him for the past seconds.

      "I know exactly what happened between you and Sunggyu, Woohyun. I know everything," Myungsoo said. "And I don't get it. I'm the one who's in charge as your host and Sunggyu practically did nothing aside from going back and forth to deliver your order..."

 

'Right. And yet he managed to go back and forth with those tempting hip sways,' Woohyun thought.

 

      "... And you somehow confessed to him for no reason! And despite the fact that Sunggyu left you, you still had the gut to walk back into the shop to see him? Such a loverboy you are..." Myungsoo huffed while Woohyun's eyes went wide in shock.

      "HOW DID YOU KNOW ALL THAT?" Woohyun's breath hitched in his throat at the thought of Sunggyu telling all the workers that a customer had foolishly confessed to him.

      "I have my own ways. And I've told you, haven't I? We know a lot," Myungsoo shrugged. "And I thought you got the hint of the situation after the three of us blurted out so many confidential things..."

      "Situation?" Woohyun blinked at Myungsoo, but the other simply smiled at him and waved it off.

      "I think it's better for you to find out about it later by yourself," Myungsoo said. "Let's go back to the shop. I'm sure they're looking for us now."

 

Woohyun sighed and followed the latter behind. He studied the figure in front of him until he noticed a thing. Myungsoo never really told him about the thoughts that had been bothering him. He didn't even give him the chance to finish his sentence. Truth to be told, Woohyun was afraid of what's going to come out of Myungsoo's lips if he had let him to talk about it. Woohyun shook his head and continued his pace before he noticed that the guy in front of him had turned around to face him.

 

      "... Hey, Woohyun-ah."

 

Woohyun felt himself getting awkward all of a sudden. He shot a smile at Myungsoo even though deep inside he felt like digging a hole to hide himself.

 

      "What is it?"

      "Nam Woohyun I like you."

.

.

Sunggyu sighed as he glanced at the clock on the wall for the nth time. It's been three hours and yet the two hasn't showed up yet. Sunggyu drummed the table with his fingers impatiently. He had tried his best to restrain the tall choding from running out and drag Myungsoo back to the shop. At least, that's what his boss told him to do.

 

     "I see. So Myungsoo's out with him," their boss stood in silence as the guy brought a hand under his chin, eyebrows furrowed in deep thought.

     "Well, should we go and fetch him?" Sungyeol raised an eyebrow, yet the man raised his hand.

     "Don't. After all, it's Myungsoo's job as a host to take care of the customer," the boss said. Both Sunggyu and Sungyeol turned their attention to the door when they suddenly heard a light chuckle.

     "They're more stubborn than I thought," the guest said with a laugh. Their boss simply turned at him with a smirk.

     "I know. They kept saying things like how worthless love is, and here they are chasing one another without even knowing what they're dealing with," their boss shook his head in amusement.

 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol heard the whole conversation and glanced at each other. A look of confusion was draped across the two workers' features.

 

     "Don't worry. They will be all right. Until the two of them reached the shop, no one is allowed to leave," their boss said as he headed towards the exit.

     "So we'll just have to wait for them like this?" Sungyeol raised his voice. The guest raised an eyebrow at him.

     "There's nothing for you to worry about, Yeol. Both Woohyun and Myungsoo knows how to take care of themselves. Myungsoo's not going to barge out and kidnap a grown man like that with no reason. I'm sure his brain is still with him."

     "B-but..." Sungyeol mumbled as he lowered his gaze downwards. Their boss shot a gentle smile at Sunggyu, and Sunggyu nodded at him.

     "We'll be leaving then," their boss said. Sunggyu bowed at him as the guest followed suit. The moment the two of them are out of sight, Sunggyu sighed and pulled Sungyeol towards the table to let him rest for a while.

 

Sunggyu's head snapped up when the door opened to reveal Myungsoo walking inside. Alone. A frown once again crept up Sunggyu's face.

 

      "Where's Woohyun?"

      "He left. He said he got a call from the workplace," Myungsoo shrugged. Sunggyu eyed him for a while.

      "You didn't do anything stupid, did you?" Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at him. Myungsoo's eyes went wide for a while before he raised an eyebrow at Sunggyu.

      "What are you implying here, hyung? You know the best that I have no right to touch your property," Myungsoo said as he glanced around the place. "Where's Yeollie?"

      "Kitchen," Sunggyu muttered.

      "Why? Where's Jong?"

      "The two of them have been talking for a while. They said they needed some private time, so I let them have as much time as they wanted," Sunggyu massaged his temple at the thought of leaving two lovers at the back to have their 'private time'. Myungsoo chuckled.

      "Pabo hyung. You should've told Yeol to bring his boyfriend out instead of letting the two back there," Myungsoo smirked. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow when Myungsoo flinched a bit.

      "What happened to your lips?"

      "Huh?"

      "Now that I notice it, your jaw is slightly bruised. And your lips, there's a cut on it. Did you get into a fight with someone on your way here?" Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo blinked his eyes before he let out a throaty chuckle. Sunggyu blinked in confusion.

 

      "Oh, don't worry, hyung," Myungsoo said smiling. "This is what you get for trying to tame a stray cat."

Sunggyu sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "you forced him, didn't you?"

      "I didn't!" Myungsoo raised his hands defensively. He smiled when he noticed the slight expression of relief crossing over the older man's feature.

      "But hyung, there's something I want to ask, though..."

      "What is it?" Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

      "You like him too, why did you push him away?"

.

.

      "Nam Woohyun I like you."

 

Woohyun stood there, completely flabbergasted. He immediately took a step back when he realized that Myungsoo had been inching closer to him. Woohyun crossed his arms in a form of protection.

 

     "How in the world do you like me? We just met!"

     "I like you ever since I laid an eye on you."

     "It was five days ago!"

     "You're not in the position to say that!" Myungsoo raised his voice, silencing Woohyun immediately.

 

Woohyun's lips formed a perfect pout at the thought of Myungsoo raising his voice at him. How dare he, Woohyun thought. But soon, all thoughts got washed away from his head when he felt himself got pushed against the wall by the so-called host.

Woohyun's eyes widened almost instantly when Myungsoo forced his lips upon his. The kiss wasn't sloppy or harsh, but Woohyun knew that there's no point of answering Myungsoo's kiss especially when all reflected in the other's eyes was nothing but lust. No love, no warmth, simply lust.

Woohyun bit on Myungsoo's lips and punched the other as hard as he could that Myungsoo fell to the ground due to the impact. He's sure that his hand would bruise a bit, but the pain worthed it. Yet another frown climbed up Woohyun's feature when he noticed that Myungsoo simply smirked at him before he stood up and started walking away.

 

     "What was that?!" Woohyun yelled at him. Myungsoo turned a bit before he showed him a small smile.

     "Just a compensation."

     "What for..?" Woohyun was beyond confused. One moment Myungsoo was really down, the next thing happened he got all aggressive and now he calmed down as if nothing ever happened.

      "You'll thank me later, Nam Woohyun. Trust me," Myungsoo winked before he walked along the pathaway, leaving completely dumbfounded Woohyun in the middle of the road.