First Encounter

Love Café

This is stupid. This whole idea is retardly stupid.

 

It had been a really long day for me today. Having stacks of tasks to do within a day. Dealing with a grumpy boss who knows nothing about the term 'rest'. Having to see the said boss engaged in an apparently intimate activity with your workmate. And in the end got yelled by the said boss for being ill-mannered. But since the boss seemed to know my good relationship with his f-buddy, he sent me out for a 'deed' which apparently had to be done in a place at least a mile away from the workplace.

Strings of curses kept replaying inside my head until my phone vibrated.

 

      "Yoboseyo?" I answered calmly, trying not to bark at the person on the other line.

      "Woohyun-ah, mianhae... I didn't know that he would tell you off like that."

      "Gwaenchana, Woo. At least I know something I can use to blackmail him," I said with a small grin. Even though apparently my boss is a grudge-holder.

      "You'd better not. Hoya is with me right now and the phone is on speaker," Dongwoo-hyung muttered. A frown crept up to my face almost immediately.

      "Aish. So are you only calling to apologize, hyung?" I looked up to see that it started to snow. I bit on my lips as I noticed that I left my coat in the office.

      "Haha, I actually wanted to warn you not to return to the office for the time being. He's still pissed off."

      "Alright. I'll just have to walk around in the middle of the cold. Lucky bastard to have a boyfriend to spend the night with..." I muttered as I looked around for a shelter, and my eyes went wide at the sight in front of me.

      "That's why you should get yourself a date! You keep on pestering me about relationship and yet--"

 

I know it's rude of me to hang up on someone's call, especially when they're in the middle of blabbering things. But I really need to focus my whole senses towards him.

Red hair, white skin, black vest nicely hugging the frame covered by the white shirt... He made the right decision to the first two buttons.

 

      "Welcome, sir. How can I help you?" He said with a smile, making his eyes disappeared. I blinked at him questioningly before I noticed that apparently I had walked into his territory in daze. Well, that's his fault for being mesmerizing. The moment the smell of coffee immediately hit my nose, I know that he's the person Dongwoo mentioned.

      "Sir?"

 

I snapped out of my trance and smiled at him almost immediately.

 

      "I'll order something. Just let me find my seat first."

 

He nodded and walked to the cashier, looking for a menu to be given. Secretly I took a peek at the contour of his frame. God bless the person who designed the uniform. Apparently they understood the real meaning of eye candy that they decided to have a tight fitting uniform.

Well, well. Just look at those hip sways.

Mesmerizing apparently wasn't enough to describe this person. The moment he turned around, my eyes went wide once again at the perfectly sculptured face, even though I must admit I still look more handsome than him. But those chubby cheeks and cute little eyes, oh my crotch, he's just perfect.

 

Who is he? An angel? Well, he's not as good looking as me, but still...

 

      "Sir, your order?" The hamster guy tilted his head with a smile. I have no idea what that smile was supposed to mean, but I'm sure it's nothing along the line 'hey, you're hot so let's bang tonight'.

      "Ah, right. I'll just have a cup of hot coffee. And make it really hot." Just like me.

He chuckled lightly as I eyed him with interest, making his eyes disappeared even more.

      "All right. A very hot cup of coffee for an equally hot guy, coming right up!" He shot a suggestive smile before he turned and walked towards the cashier area. Damn that .

 

Who was it again? What was his name? Kim... Sunggyu, wasn't it?

 

I observed him silently from my table as I noticed him talking with the cashier boy and my heart sank at the sight. The two of them were merely chuckling, but I felt a pang inside when I noticed how happy he looked. Not to mention, the cashier boy isn't exactly bad-looking either. In fact, the cashier boy is really handsome. What's with this place and handsome people...

 

      "Hey." I looked up to see a really tall guy smiled down at me. Apparently he's one of the waiters as well.

      "Mind if I sit here?" He grinned at me.

      "Not at all. But wouldn't your boss scold you if they caught you talking here rather than working?" I shot him a questioning look, but he just laughed it off.

      "No worries~ This cafe only accepts one person per order," he said with a smile. I blinked in confusion. One person per order..? Does that mean only one person can enter the cafe at a time?

      "Basically we focus ourselves to one customer only. That's the way here," he said grinning stupidly. "By the way, what's your name? I'm Sungyeol."

      "It's Woohyun. Such a unique place you're working at, Sungyeol-ssi," I said. The latter simply smiled in return.

      "It is. Not to mention almost non-existent."

 

I shot him another odd look. Seeing that he's not continuing his sentence, I glanced at the other two workers and noticed that they're now staring at our direction with a supsicious look.

Actually, I felt something weird the moment I entered this cafe. Aside from the fact that I never saw the cafe before, the fact that it has only three workers despite the large space of the business area and the fact that it only accepts one customer hit the curiosity inside me. Why did I never notice this place before..?

 

      "Here you go, enjoy your coffee," Sunggyu smiled as he put the beverage in front of me. I set aside my thoughts the moment I saw the hamster guy again.

      "Thanks, Sunggyu-ssi," I smiled at him. But the moment I took a sip, the smile turned into a frown.

 

... Look, I know that I'm hot. But that doesn't mean you had to serve BOILING water. I never knew that he thought of me as a guy like that... Tsk, such a sinner you are Nam Woohyun. Oh, well, being attractive is not really a sin though-

 

      "So, does it suit your taste?" The cashier boy, who apparently had miraculously appeard behind me asked with a light chuckle, successfully snapping me out of my thoughts.

      "Hm. Aside from the burning sensation on my lips I practically tasted nothing," I said with a smile dripping with hints of sarcasm.

      "You're practically the one who requested for it!" Sungyeol said laughing.

      "I was too lost in thought," I said sheepishly. "So... I'm actually curious about what you were saying."

      "Hm?" Sungyeol blinked at me.

      "This cafe... There's something weird with this place," I muttered as I traced the tip of the cup.

 

The three workers shared a look before the cashier boy shrugged at them.

 

      "Well, it's partially choding's fault for blabbering things," the cashier boy said.

      "Yah! How should I know that he would catch up easily when all I did was say the word 'non-existent'?!" Sungyeol pouted while Sunggyu chuckled.

      "Since he had a clue then why don't we share a few secrets with him?" Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at the cashier boy's suggestion.

      "You sure about this?" Sunggyu asked raising an eyebrow. "What if the boss found out about this?"

      "Naah~ Don't worry. As if he would find out about things as easy as that," Sungyeol said. "By the way, Woohyun-ssi. You know Sunggyu, and this is Myungsoo," he motioned at the cashier boy.

      "And what we're about to say is off-limit to outsiders and you must NOT say anything regarding this to other people."

 

I gulped at the serious look Sunggyu is giving me. He practically looked irresistible with that piercing eyes and small smirk tugging at his lips. Argh, the temptation...

 

      "Arasseo. Spit it out."

Sungyeol took a deep breath before he opened his mouth. "This cafe is not an ordinary cafe."

      "... Well, I figured it out. But what's special about this place?" I raised an eyebrow at them. Sunggyu chuckled at me while Myungsoo placed both hands on my shoulders.

      "This place is only available for those people who are in need. That means, only a person who seeks for love and warmth can enter this cafe," Myungsoo said grinning. I stared at Sunggyu blankly but he just shrugged it off.

      "What kind of bull is that?! Are you saying that I'm lonely and I'm looking for--"

      "True. The fact that you're here right now means you're looking for that special someone," Sungyeol wiggled his eyebrows. I basically failed to register anything said by them so I simply shot them a look.

      "I'm going now. Thanks for the coffee," I stood up with an awkward smile, yet the three workers simply shot me a knowing smile.

      "Trust me, Nam Woohyun. You will find yourself keep coming here until you find that warmth you're seeking for," Sunggyu said with a smile making me stop on my track for a while. I slapped myself inwardly and walked out of the cafe without even sparing them another glance.

 

Despite the coldness of the snow that made my fingers numb almost immediately, I touched my lips and I could still feel the burning sensation from the coffee previously. A person who seeks for love and warmth..? Please, I'm not that desperate to be loved by someone... I scoffed to myself before I walked back to my office.

But still, I can't erase the image of a certain hamster guy smiling with those uniform hugging his frame nicely. It seemed as if he's permanently registered inside my mind. No matter how much I tried to think of another thing, the image of Kim Sunggyu kept popping whenever I closed my eyes, and it started to tick me off. Not in a bad way. In fact, I kind of like the fact that I managed to remember each detail of him- oh God, I'm starting to sound like a maniac.

 

But I don't know why, though. During my working hours in the office, I kept thinking about the cafe and the people inside it. I made a mental note to pay another visit, but another part of me trying hard not to think about the idea because of the words the three of them said.

 

      "Woohyun-ah, you alright? You've been staring at those papers blankly since minutes ago," Dongwoo shot me a concerned look.

      "A-ah! I'm fine, don't worry~ I was just thinking of something... Or someone... Or some people to be exact," a frown crept up to my face at the thought of Sungyeol's never-ending teasings that might come later if I DO visit them. Dongwoo smiled gently.

      "Did you find yourself a lover already?" Dongwoo chuckled.

      "Aniyo. Why in the world would I refer to my lover as some people," I laughed lightly.

      "Don't give me that . I know what kind of person you are," Dongwoo shot a knowing look while I simply smiled at him.

      "They're just friends, Woo. I met them yesterday," I said still smiling at the thought of the trio. Especially Kim Sunggyu.

      "Are you going to meet them again later?"

      "Molla. But I think I'd rather not," I said with a huff.

      "Yah! You can't consider them as friends if you met them yesterday and now you're thinking of ditching them!" Dongwoo said folding his arms. I raised an eyebrow at him.

      "Are you telling me to be close with them?"

      "Of course, pabo. Try to get closer and spend more time with them. The only places you visit are your apartment and the workplace. How on Earth are you going to socialize if your only friend here is me? Take the chance to hang out with them!"

 

Stupidly, I took Dongwoo's idea and found myself standing in front of the cafe, contemplating to myself whether I should enter and face the consequences later or walk away. Yep, this whole idea is retardly stupid. I am not looking for a person to love. My legs simply brought me here because I have nowhere else to go to aside from my apartment and workplace.  I sighed to myself before I pushed the door open, revealing the grinning faces of the three workers. I smiled at them when they immediately stood up and walked to the table I had before.

 

      "Welcome back, Nam Woohyun!"

 

.... Wait. When did I mention my surname..?