You are coming home.

Excuse me?

You are coming home.

Ah!! Just heads up guys, I will be back to school tomorrow so I won’t be able to get anything out during that week. I will update on weekends!


                The first month was obviously the hardest month for Jiyong. He would text her every half hour asking if she needed something, if she was feeling well, if she need to go to the hospital, and so on. It was very sweet but Eunhae knew he probably wasn’t concentrating on his work so she didn’t text him back which resulted into Jiyong texting her every 15 minutes that she was not texting him back.

She could feel her stomach start to swell and she was just glowing. But then she realized that she could not attend college anymore when she gets bigger. She told her situation to her professor and was excused but was loaded with work. And then just when she thought everything was alright, she got a phone call.

“Hello?”

“Ah! Eunhae! We just wanted to tell you something VERY exciting!”

“Ah, umma, appa, what is it?”

“We are coming to visit you!” Crap. How was she going to explain her swelling stomach!?

“A-ah, really?” She nervously replied.

“Yes! We will be over in 3 days! Until then, love! We love you!” And then the sound of the phone losing connection occurred…and her dropping of her phone. She started to pace more and more and more.

“Ah! Babo Eunhae! Why didn’t you think about this!?” She started to bite her nail until she finally decided to call him. It rang once and then it quickly got picked up.

“Jagiya! Why haven’t you been texting me back!?” She could feel his pout over the phone and that made her giggle. After a couple minutes of flirting and apologizing, she finally remembered why she called.

“Oppa…”

“Yes, jagi?” She bit her lip.

“My…parents are coming….and they don’t know anything…and I’m already starting to show...” She trailed. Jiyong froze and couldn’t speak.

“Ah….really?” He said.

“Mmhm…..in three days. What are we going to do!?” She said a little loudly.

“Jagi, calm down. You can’t get too stressed or it’ll upset the baby.” She nodded and took a deep breath.

“But, Jiyong, how are we going to explain this!? The one time they let me go on my own, I get pregnant in less than 6 months!” She started to get anxious again.

“Jagiya, I’m coming over, alright?” He started to grab his keys and wallet then headed to his Bentley.

“Alright, I’ll see you soon.”

“See you.” He ended the call and hopped into the car then zoomed off to her apartment.

                Once he arrived, she literally threw open the door and ran to him. They haven’t seen each other in a month but to them it felt like an eternity. He led her to her couch and sat down.

“Alright, what should we do?” She asked him and he bit his lip in thought.

“Should we tell them about our relationship? I don’t want them to think I left you!” He said. She tapped her chin in contemplation.

“I guess we could because they don’t know who you are and they won’t tell anyone anyways. They wouldn’t want anyone to know their only 21 year old daughter is pregnant with the child of a man she just met 4-5 months ago.” She stated.

“Alright, I guess we could do that….” He held her hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb in a circular motion.

“Jiyong, I’m so worried.” She put her head on his with a sigh and close of her eyes. He lifted her chin up and kissed her forehead.

“I’ll protect you no matter what.”

 

3 days later.

 

“Eunhae!” An older woman called while waving her hand. The woman didn’t show too much sign of aging. She only had a couple wrinkles but her hair was as bright as the sun and her eyes were as joyful and full of laughter as a child. The man next to her was the opposite. He had some wrinkles but his hair was ashy and his eyes were commanding and frightening. The now swelling woman walked quickly to her parents with her arms open.

“Umma! Appa!” She greeted them with a hug. She wore a flowing dress to cover the bump until it was time.

“Aigo, my baby has gotten even prettier!” She hugged her daughter back and the father just pat her on the head.

“Well, let’s go. I have someone I want you to meet!” She hurried them into the cab and then had him drive off to her apartment. Along the way they talked about what was new at home in the States and what was new with her. She obviously left out the part where she was pregnant. They finally arrived at her apartment. Showtime.

The door opened and they were greeted by Jiyong. He had dyed his hair back to black just for this occasion. He wore a blue polo shirt and white pants along with his house slippers. He held out his hand and she clasped hers in his and then he set out her bunny house slippers for her. He took of her shoes and then slipped the new ones on. He then set out the guest slippers. The parents were very surprised and curious about this man. They entered to the living room where the two were already sitting.

                “Eunhae, who is this?” Her mother asked.

                “Umma, this is Kwon Jiyong.” He got up and did his own introduction and had a 90 degree bow.

                “Hello, my name is Kwon Jiyong. I am 25 years old and I am grateful to meet you two.” He gave them a small but genuine smile then sat back down. The parents then sat down in the seats across from them.

                “I am Kim Michelle and this is my husband Kim Chungho. We are Eunhae’s parents.” She said suspiciously.

                “Let’s not beat around the bush, boy. How are you related to our daughter?” Her father said in a deep but pleasing voice. The two gulped and then held each other’s hand after looking into each other’s eyes.

                “Umma, appa, Jiyong is my boyfriend of 4 months….and thefatherofmychild.” She said the last part quickly.

                “What was that honey?” Her mother asked. She took a deep breath and squeezed his hand.

                “Jiyong….is the….father of my…..child.” She said slowly. Her parents became rocks and were frozen. She immediately got worried.

                “He is…what!?” Her father roared after about 3 minutes of silence and tension.

                “Jiyong and I are going to be parents and we both agreed to keep the baby!” She said louder.

                “Jagiya, be careful.” Jiyong soothed her and it calmed her better than hot cocoa.

                “Eunhae…” her mother looked at her with disappointed eyes,” is that true?” She looked at her, pleading that it was lie.

                “Yes, I am 4 months in.” She said quietly. Her father was even more furious and marched over to Jiyong and held him by the collar.

                “DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU GOT MY 21 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER PREGNANT!? WITHIN 6 MONTHS!?” he yelled at Jiyong.

                “I am sorry but I do not regret it. I love Eunhae.” He said back in a calm tone. Her father glared at him then threw him back onto the couch.

                “Eunhae.” Said person looked up after checking her love for any injuries.

                “Yes, appa?” She anxiously asked.

                “Pack your things. You are coming home now.”