Kris [YoseobIsMine]

We Are One! [Oneshot Collections: Exo and other boybands]

Score for Love!

 

"SONG JINHYE!" You jumped up in the air at the sound of your coach's voice. You slowly turned around, holding onto the basketball,"Y-yes?"

"Didn't I tell you to not run with the damn ball?!" Kris shouted,"And then, what do you do?! You freaking travel!" 

You shrunk behind the basketball, but he slapped it away. The bounce echoed throughtout the gym. Your team all stopped their activities and watched you both. You lowered your head in shame.

Kris scowled at you,"How are you supposed to play basketball when you can't simply remember the rules?!" You pouted,"I-Im sorry. I guess I forgot-"

"Why the hell are you forgetting the rules?! That's the most important part!" Kris yelled angrily. He sighed and shook his head at you,"Just...continue. Don't mess up again! Our game is a few days away." 

Kris walked away, briskly bumping your shoulders. You stumbled a bit, but you managed to stay on your feet,"Aish, he's mad again." You stared at him from afar and sighed.

 

Your new basketball coach in your high school. 20 years old. Handsome. Cold personality. That was Kris Wu. He came from Canada. But his nationality was Chinese. He became the basketball assistant coach last year, but became the new coach after your old one got into an accident. Kris was tall and played basketball himself. 

Kris seemed to pick on you the most. He always yelled at you for being the stupidest player he has ever seen. And he was right. You at basketball. You hated basketball, no, you hated sports in general. Kris, he was the reason why you joined. 

Before you used to see him around after school, but he didn't really catch your attention then. Yeah, he was good looking, so what?

But one day you heard some noise in the gym. You found Kris playing basketball, shooting some hoops by himself. Just him. What caught your attention was the look on his face. Full of enjoyment and happiness. The way he smiled while playing, changed your view on him.

That was the afternoon you fell in love with Kris Wu.

Of course you joined the basketball team the next day. You wanted to see more of that expression Kris made. You believed he would be more lively while coaching, but you were dead wrong. He was the meanest and strictest person ever! He was rude and very blunt. Kris always embarassed you, or yelled at you. 

That didn't matter to you though. At times you wanted to give up on your secret love for Kris, but you'd always remember that one expression on his face. That always gave you the motivation to work harder. You tried your hardest during basketball, to be better. So that maybe one day, you'd get to see Kris smile just for you.

 

"So tiring." You mumbled as you wiped your sweat from your head. You were by yourself in the gym, practicing again. You wanted to make Kris proud in the game. 

You grabbed the ball and started to bounce. You looked up at the hoop, raised your arms and shot the ball into the air. You looked up in hope, but the ball hit the back board and bounced off. Your shoulders drooped and you pouted,"Aigoo...but Im not giving up!"

You did a fist pump and nodded,"Yeah! You can do this Jihye! Fighting!" 

Picking up another ball, you bounced it once again,"Just aim...and shoot!" You threw the ball at the hoop, but instead it got stuck on the backboard and hoop. Your eyes widened,"Omo!"

You ran under the hoop and looked up,"Shoot! What do I do?" 

"Aish, Song Jihye!" You paused, and turned around,"K-kris..." Kris strode toward you and looked at you with an irritated look,"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Practicing." You mumbled back at him. Kris shook his head and looked up at the hoop. He looked around and grabbed another ball,"This girl.." You heard him mutter under his breath before throwing the ball at the other one. It easily bounced off.

Kris caught it,"Here."

"Thanks." You grabbed it from him. 

Silence filled the air between you two. It was the first time you were alone with him. Kris stared at you,"Shoudn't you go home? It's late."

You shook your head,"Im practicing for the game though!" Kris raised an eyebrow,"Really? Cause I wasn't going to make you play."

"What?!" You gaped at him,"B-but I've been really trying hard!" 

"All you've been doing is messing around!" Kris argued,"I don't understand why you play in the first play. You can't shoot or even dribble correctly!" 

You pouted for a second, then looked at him,"Then teach me." Kris gawked at you,"Bwoh?" You pointed at him,"Teach me. Since you are my coach. Teach me how to shoot perfectly."

Kris eyed you,"How come I feel like you're challenging me or something." You shrugged,"Can't you teach me? All you do is yell at me. Song Jihye this! Song Jihye that! Blah blah blah."

"Fine! Watch carefully." Kris growled and grabbed a ball.

He stood behind the free throw line. He raised his arms up and easily shot the ball. You watched his serious face, once the ball went in, you saw a small smirk on his face. You giggled.

"What?" Kris frowned at you. "Nothing." You smiled,"That was awesome. You were awesome." Kris cleared his throat,"Um, go here."

He pointed to the free throw line. You nodded and did as told,"Yes coach Kris." You saw him roll his eyes. 

Kris passed you a ball. You grabbed it from him and raised your arms.

Kris sighed,"Not like that." You felt his hands position your arms. You blushed and looked up at him. His eyes, serious as always. You smiled up at him.

Kris saw you,"What are you smiling for?"

You looked away,"N-nothing." He frowned at you,"Now. Your arms are supposed to be like a right angle, remember this Song Jihye! And when you shoot, you flick your wrist! Alright?" 

You nodded your head at his intructions,"Alright!" You did as told and suprisingly it went in.

You pointed,"Omo!" You laughed and started to jump,"IT WENT IN! DAEBAK!" You jumped around and shook Kris,"Did you see it?! I can play in the game right?" 

From jumping around a lot you tripped over your own feet and fell down hard,"O-Ow!" You winced and grabbed your foot,"Ouch." 

Kris knelt beside you quickly,"Jihye! Let me see." He gently grabbed your ankle, and you winced some more.

Kris frowned,"Look's like you twisted it. Aish, that's what you get for jumping so much."

"But I made a shot...weren't you happy?" You pouted at Kris,"I thought you'd be more happy for me." You tried to get up,"Im going to the nurse's office-"

"I'll take you." Kris placed your arm around his neck and he lifted you easily, bridal style. You gasped a bit, startled by his sudden action,"U-Um Kris, I can-"

"No you can't. Come on." Kris started to walk to the nurses office. You felt the butterflies in your stomach. You took the opportunity to study his features. His perfect jawline, his fierce eyes, his perfect lips. You looked away and blushed.

Kris eyed you,"You're acting weird."

"How am I acting weird?" You laughed uneasily. Kris didn't answer and looked away from you. You pursed your lips at the end of the conversation, and decided to make a new one,"So..."

"So?" Kris walked into the empty school building. "So...how was I?" You slowly asked Kris. He walked down the hallway to the nurses office and slid the door open,"How was what? You're shot?"

He placed you down on the bed softly and went to look for some medication and bandages. You watched his toned back,"Y-yeah. Were you surprised?"

Kris turned back to you and sat down on a chair,"To be honest, I wasn't surprised." You furrowed your eyebrows,"Huh?"

He looked at you,"I knew you were capable of shooting it. Anyone can do it." He gently grabbed your foot and took off your shoes and socks. Kris applied some cream onto your ankle,"I had the confidence you could do it."

You shyly brushed your hair behind your ears,"Im happy to hear that." Kris looked at you,"But you're not serious about basketball." 

Shocked, you gave him an embarassed smile,"So you knew?"

Kris rolled his eyes,"How could I not? Anyone could tell you didn't join seriously. So, Song Jihye, why did you?"

You played with your fingers and Kris wrapped a bandage around your foot,"I-I...I can't say."

"Why is that?" Kris patiently waited. You bit your lip and looked out the window. The sun was setting, and the sky was a pretty redish-orange color. You warmly smiled,"You."

Kris looked up at you. You smiled at him,"I-I joined because of you." Kris looked at you with an emotionless face.

You giggled,"It's silly huh? Im a fool...to join a sport I highly...detest. Im bad at sports. But I joined basketball because of you. How you smiled so happily when you were playing in the gym by yourself. I just wanted you to smile at me like that."

You laughed and covered your face,"Embarassing huh? How funny. I thought that if I joined the team, tried my hardest, even though you yelled at me all the time for my mistakes, that one day I'll make you happy too. That you'd give me that same smile, that you would be so proud of me...but Im a fail. Im stupid and a loser at basketball...yet, I don't regret it." 

Kris was looking down. He didn't say anything, so you thought he was angry.

You smiled and shook your head,"I really tried my hardest though. Just maybe you'd be happy and smile for me at the basketball game. Look's like I can't play anyways, even when you didn't want me to. Aha. Silly me."

You placed your sock and shoe back on,"Thanks for the bandage Kris."

As you stood up, so did Kris. He gazed down at you, and you stared right back. He sighed and shook his head,"What am I going to do with you." He whispered. You tilted your head, confused,"What-"

Kris interrupted you by lowering his head and giving you a sweet, soft kiss. Your eyes widened at first, and soon slowly closed. You shyly kissed him back.

Kris chuckled and parted from you. He gave you the same smile you saw that one afternoon. Your heart stopped beating and you held your breath.

"You were the only one to have my full attention during practices. You are clumsy, stupid, and horrible in basketball." Kris explained.

You pouted,"Hey..."

Kris softly smiled,"But I've always thought you were cute when you tried your hardest. I just didn't know I was your reason for trying in the first place." He teased and poked your nose,"Im sure you'll try a lot more harder? For me?"

You giggled,"Just for you."

Kris smirked,"That doesn't mean I'll go easier on you."

You smiled up at him,"I wouldn't have it any other way."

 

-----------------------------

To YoseobIsMine,

did you like it :)

hehehe^^

***remember to request too you guys~!***