Heels

Insanity

"This is all your fault."

Jongin blinked at you, taken aback. "Wait, why?"

You looked up, fingers still tangled in the straps of your shoes. "You're too tall for me," you informed him, matter-of-factly, before tugging the 4-inch-heels off your feet with a sigh of relief.

"No, you're too short," Jongin retorted, giving your bare feet an amused glance. You wriggled your toes childishly before leaning back into the bench, taking the weight off your poor feet. "Besides, it's not like I asked you to wear those."

"Please." You rolled your eyes and looked him up and down, eyeing the considerable height difference between you. "All the other girls wore heels, and I don’t want to be even more of a midget than I already am."

"Still not my fault," Jongin shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Hey, at least I'm not Kris."

You paused in the middle of pointing and flexing your feet, and made a face. "That," you said, "is a very good point. He would have been an awful date."

"Good thing you have me, right?"

“Oh, I guess,” you said, sounding entirely unconvinced.

He pouted, so ridiculously sad that you snorted. “Whaaaat?”

“Wellll,” you said teasingly, copying the way he’d drawn out his words, “I used to have a crush on Kris, a few years ago. A classic tall, dark and handsome guy,” you remembered fondly.  “Turns out my type is short and annoying.”

Jongin playfully shoved your arm. “Hey! That was rude, I’m not talking to you anymore.” He crossed his arms and turned away, huffing righteously.

This time it was you who pouted as you scooted over and wrapped your arms around his neck, propping your chin on his shoulder. “I’m just kidding,” you said, giggling. “Don’t ignore meeeee.”

The only response he gave was to turn away from you, turning up his chin slightly. “Don’t be like that,” you continued to whine, though you were still grinning. “Talk to me, Jong–”

The rest of your sentence turned into a shriek as he stood up, but instead of loosening your grip around his neck and shoulders, you clung tighter, your legs straightening until you were basically standing on the bench.  “Get off me,” Jongin complained, making no move to dislodge you.

“Never,” you sang, and jumped off the bench to wrap your legs around his waist. With a slight lurch and a grunt, he caught your thighs and shifted your weight until you were piggybacking him more comfortably.  “Carry me!”

Jongin was muttering some unfavourable things that you pretended not to hear because despite his complaining, he was still holding onto you tightly as he walked. You smiled and pressed a kiss to the back of his neck before leaning in close, your lips close to brushing his ear. “Love you,” you whispered affectionately, heart fluttering when you saw his answering smile. “But can you turn around? I left my shoes behind.”