History

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

L couldn’t sleep that night. He couldn’t believe that Jaeun left him hanging for another guy. Never in his history has this ever happened. And yes, it hurt his pride.

He rolled on his bed for the nth time and grunted. He raked his fingers through his hair and screamed in disappointment.

He couldn’t help himself from thinking about what just happened.

And because he couldn’t accept the fact, he took his phone and looked for Jaeun’s number and texted her.

 

To: Kwon Jaeun

Hey, are you free tonight? Let’s meet up.

He pressed send and waited for her reply. It was an obstacle for him because he doesn’t know if her reply is worth the wait.

But yes, 3 minutes later, his phone beeped.

 

Fr: Kwon Jaeun

Yes. Where?

He doesn’t know why but her two-word reply made his heart beat fast and slow. He smiled at his phone and typed in his reply.

 

To: Kwon Jaeun

The café where we used to eat in high school.

Jaeun didn’t reply already. He knows that she will come there. That’s Jaeun’s style. She wouldn’t reply if she already said she will come.

With that, L took his jacket and car keys and drove to the said café.

 

He didn’t wait for too long until Jaeun arrived. She saw him immediately and walked to him.

“Why did you ask to meet here?” She asked L.

L smiled. “Nothing. I just think this is the best place.” He said.

Jaeun rolled her eyes. “Have you ordered?” She asked.

L shook his head. “I’m waiting for you of course.” He said.

“Tsss.” Jaeun frowned. “You could have ordered for you and me. You know what I want.” She said.

L smirked. “I wasn’t sure if you changed your preference.” He said.

Jaeun shook her head in disbelief. “I’ll order now.” She said as she stood up.

L smiled and followed her to the counter.

“One mocha macchiato please.” Jaeun told the cashier.

“Make that without the milk cream and change it with whip cream.” L added.

Jaeun looked at him weirdly.

“What? You said you didn’t change your preference.” He defended himself.

Jaeun breathed and shook her head. She took some money from her wallet. But L stopped her. “I’ll pay.” HE said.

Jaeun didn’t know why but she just gave in easily.

L ordered his drink and took the tray of their orders.

“For you.” He said as he handed Jaeun her drink.

Jaeun smiled a bit. “Thanks.” She said as she blew her macchiato.

L smiled. “Like the old times, right?” He asked out of the blue.

Jaeun looked at her. She felt it too. It was like before. But yes, everything is all in the past now.

 

Flashback:

2 years ago…

“Hey babe!” L kissed Jaeun’s lips as they met on the same café they use to drink coffee on a cold weather.

Jaeun smiled at him.

“How’s your day?” L asked her sweetly.

Jaeun smiled. “It was great. We had fun with the kids in the day care. They are really cute and fluffy.” She said cutely like those kids.

L chuckled. “You’re really cute.” He cooed as he pinched her cheek.

“OWW!” Jaeun whined. L stopped pinching her. “How about you oppa?” She asked.

L smiled. “Same old same old. I was just excited to see you today.” He said sweetly.

Jaeun blushed at her sweet boyfriend.

End of Flashback

 

Yes, they were together before. They were happily dating but then, maybe fate is not on their side. They broke up really bad. They couldn’t even imagine that they are what they are now after their breakup.

“It’s over now.” Jaeun told L. “It’s all in the past.” She added making L flinch.

Even though it has been years. L still feels like everything is just yesterday.

“I know.” L said sadly. It really pains him to remember everything. And he blames himself for what had happened to Jaeun now.

 

Flashback continued.

“You have to break up with her, Kim Myungsoo!” L’s mom yelled at him that night.

L looked at his mom weirdly. “WHAT?! I CAN’T DO THAT! I LOVE HER!” L yelled at his mom.

His mom was shocked that L actually yelled at her. “I DON’T CARE. I DON'T LIKE THAT GIRL. I DON'T LIKE HER FAMILY. BREAK UP WITH HER AT THIS MOMENT, KIM MYUNGSOO!” She yelled back. “Or else!” She continued.

L looked at her. “Or else what?!” He asked back as if challenging his mom.

His mom smirked. “Or else, I will let you marry someone else from the family of one of our business partners!” She threatened. She knows that L doesn’t like to be directed on. Especially if it is his life they are talking about. 

L scoffed at his mom in disbelief. “I can’t believe this!” HE screamed in frustration.

His mom looked at him. “Do it, Myungsoo. Just break up with that woman.” She said. “You know I do what I say, Myungsoo. And I am capable to do it.” She threatened.

L yelled in frustration as he went up to his room. He is actually crying. He doesn’t want to break up with Jaeun. He loves her so much. Might as well kill him now, than break up with Jaeun.

*What am I going to do?* He thought. He took out his phone and stared at jaeun’s photo. “I love you so much, Jaeun. I’m sorry for what I will do.” Just then, his tear just fell down.

Right now, L isn't sure what he is going to do. But there is one thing he wouldn't want to happen. And that is to be married with someone he doesn't love. That way, he thought that Jaeun will really be hurt. And that way, it will really be the end of him and Jaeun. He doesn't want that to happen. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

 

The next day, Jaeun came running to the place L just texted her a while ago. She felt weird because this is the first time L called her to a hotel room. But she still went in.

“Room 803.” She mumbled as she is on the eighth floor looking for the room.

She smiled when she finally found the room. She opened the door because it is not locked. However, she dropped whatever she is holding with what she saw.

L was making out with the greatest flirt in the campus, AKA Krystal.

Jaeun automatically broke into tears.

L and Krystal stopped when they heard her cry.

“What the hell is this all about, Myungsoo?” Jaeun asked L. She is walking near him.

L tried his best not to flinch seeing her tears. “You can see it. It’s obvious. I don’t love you anymore. Let’s break up.” He said as coldly as he could.

Jaeun looked at L. “What? We just met last night. And you aren’t like this last night!” She yelled.

L smirked. “I was just playing around with you, Jaeun. I don’t love you from the very start.” He said.

Jaeun stared at him in disbelief. “Really?” She laughed weakly. “So, you are really playing with me?” She asked. “And so with her?” She pointed at Krystal.

L shook his head. “No. I love her. She’s the one I really love.” He said.

With that Jaeun burst into tears. She scoffed. “I can’t believe you. I loved you so much and this is what I get.” She said. She breathed deeply. “Oh well. I don’t want to let you be with me if you don’t love me anymore.” She added. She nodded. “good luck.” She said as she turned around.

L was hurt a lot. L was pained a lot. L loves her a lot. And this is all a big . No one could even imagine how much he is hurting now more than ever.

It’s like an arrow is struck in his heart now that he is seeing the one and only love of his life walking away from him.

He is mad. He is angry. He is frustrated. Everything seemed to be so right between him and Jaeun. But now, it’s all over. *Sorry, my love.* He thought as tears fell from his eyes.

End of Flashback.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

:)))) Hehehe. ^^ So, I tried to make it look so convincing.

Don't be so confused now. I had cleared somewhat some of the issues. :)))