Affected

ATTRACTION: No Love Involved

 

Jaeun took her phone out and dialed a number. A number that she knows will never fail her.

“Hello?” She said as someone picked the phone up.

‘Oh, Jaeun! Why did you call?’ He asked.

“Are you free tonight? I need…” She paused because tears fell. She has been trying her best to control her emotions. “I need you, Kai.” She said.

‘Where are you? I’m picking you up right now.’ Kai replied. She heard him move fast. He was preparing.

“A bar near 15th Avenue.” She replied while wiping her tears.

‘Alright. See in 10. Wait for me.’ Kai assured before hanging up.

Jaeun wiped her tears roughly. *What the hell, Kwon Jaeun?! What are the tears for? You and him are over! Why are you this affected? You never acted like this for long. Why now?* She thought. *Come on, Kwon Jaeun! Get a hold of yourself.* She added.

Jaeun waited until Kai arrived. Truly, at this moment, Kai is the only one who would help her. Kai is one of the closest guys to her amongst all those she dated. Kai was the only one who cared about her as a woman. Well, I’m not saying that the others didn’t. But Kai expressed the most.

That was the time she thought, *Does he like me? He hurried his way all the way here to pick me. Is he feeling something more for me?*.

Just then, Kai arrived and ran to her.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Why were you crying on the phone? You got me so worr-“

Jaeun didn’t even let him finish. She crashed her lips into his. She wanted this. She needed this. She needed to forget about everything bothering her. She has to get back to her old self, the self she had when he left.

Kai broke off from the kiss first. “Hey, what’s wrong?” HE asked. Jaeun just looked at him. When he sensed that Jaeun will not answer him, he held her hand. “Arasseo. It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. Come on. Let’s go to my place.” He said as he opened his car door for her.

With that, they drove off to Kai’s crib.

 

 

 

 

“WHERE IS KWON JAEUN?!!!!!” The drunk Minhee asked Gongchan.

Gongchan looked around and tried to look for Jaeun. “I’m sorry, Minhee. I didn’t notice her. I swear I saw her drinking at the bar minutes ago.” He said guiltily.

Minhee sighed. “She left with someone again? Aish. That girl will never change!” She said frustrated.

Gongchan looked at her. “Come on. Let’s go home. You are drunk, Minhee.” He said as he gripped on her arm.

Minhee yanked her arm away. “No. Not without Jaeun. We are not going home without Jaeun.” She said.

“She went out with a hot guy. They drove off to somewhere.” Krystal came out of the blue.

Minhee narrowed her eyes on Krystal. “Who are you?” She asked. “Why are you interrupting all of a sudden?” She asked again.

Krystal smiled. “I was just being kind to inform you about your best friend.” She replied, looking oh-so innocent.

“Tch.” Minhee scoffed. “Well, thanks for the information.” She said sarcastically.

Krystal smiled and Gongchan. “Take care of your girlfriend. It seems like she doesn’t know what she’s doing already.” She said before she left.

Minhee glared at her. She was even ready to attack her if not for Gongchan securing her into his arms.

“Minhee, let’s go. She said Jaeun went out with someone.” Gongchan said.

Minhee straightened up. “Arasseo. Tch. But that girl…” She eyed on Krystal. “She’s a .” She continued.

Gongchan just shook his head. *I agree.* He thought. “Now let’s go.” He said while assisting Minhee to walk.

Sunggyu saw the whole situation. He felt really jealous about it. But he has to make a move now, right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN LAST SATURDAY NIGHT?!!! WHY DIDN’T YOU TEXT US YESTERDAY? WE WERE WAITING! AND IF YOU HAVEN’T SHOWED YOUR FACE TODAY, GONGCHAN AND I WOULD BE CRAZILY CALLING THE POLICE OFFICE!!!!” Minhee yelled at Jaeun the next Monday.

Jaeun covered her ears because Minhee was literally screaming to the top of her lungs right in front of her ears. “You don’t have to shout, Minhee.” She said.

Minhee’s eyes widened. “What do you mean I don’t need to shout? Well, FYI Kwon Jaeun. We were soooo worried about you? What? You ran away with some hot guy again?” She asked just a tone softer than her first statement.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on Minhee. “Wae? You and Gongchan didn’t even notice me leave right?” She asked back.

Minhee frowned. “Exactly! That is why we are so worried!” She beamed.

Jaeun smiled. “Well, save it. Kai was there.” She said.

Minhee’s eyes widened. “Kai? You mean the hotness?” She asked.

Jaeun nodded. “Yeah.” She replied. “He was there with me. We went to his house.” She added.

Minhee’s eyes widened more. “His house?! What did you do again?” She asked.

Jaeun shrugged. “It’s between us. So… do you still have your questions?” She asked.

Minhee shook her head. “But don’t do that ever again!” She beamed. “And yeah! I am not going to a bar with you again!” She proclaimed.

Jaeun scoffed. “You were the one who asked me to go to the club you woman! Don’t you act so innocent!!!” She replied.

Minhee sank in defeat. “Aish!” She hissed.

Jaeun smiled. “So… how are you?” She asked.

Minhee looked at her. “What do you mean?” She asked trying to hide the sadness in her face.

“You and Kikwang. Did you break up again?” She asked.

Minhee shut her eyes closed. She nodded.

Jaeun looked at her best friend. She can see that Minhee is really hurting. *I shouldn’t have asked.* She thought. *But I have to know the story so that I can advice her.* She thought again. “What’s the issue this time?” She asked.

Minhee sighed hard. “I caught him with the same girl.” She said. “They were making out inside his car.” She added.

Jaeun suddenly raged. “How dare he? How could he do this to you?” She said in all anger.

Minhee faked a smile. “Don’t worry about him anymore, Jae. I am feeling better now.” She assured.

Jaeun gave her a look.

Minhee smiled widely. “I am better now! I swear to the most high!” She even raised her right hand.

Jaeun nodded. “Arasseo. If that’s what you say.” She said as she opened her book.

Minhee looked at her. “What about you? Why are you sooooo….”

“Sooooooo what?” Jaeun asked.

Minhee looked at her from head to toe. “You look so depressed.” She said.

Jaeun sighed. “I am not.” She denied.

“You are!” Minhee remarked.

“Am not.”

“You are!” She insisted. “Come on! Tell me! Why are you looking so depressed?”

Jaeun sighed. “Damn you for being such a keen observer.” She cussed. Minhee just gave her a sweet smile. “Well, I don’t know myself for the past few days.” She said.

Minhee gave her a questioning look. “What do you mean?” She asked.

Jaeun sighed. “I think I am not being Kwon Jaeun these past few days.” She said.

Minhee glared. “What do you mean?! You are being obscure!” She whined.

Jaeun looked away. “I don’t know. But I think… my heart….” She said as she held her chest. “I don’t like it.” She added.

“Why? Do you think you are falling in love?” Minhee asked.

Jaeun shrugged. “I don’t know. I don’t know myself.” She replied.

Minhee rolled her eyes. “Are you affected?” She asked.

Jaeun nodded reluctantly. “I don’t even know why.” She said.

“Then, why don’t you just ignore him?” Minhee suggested. She knows who she is talking about. “You have a very hot Kai to cuddle each night. Why are you making yourself suffer?” She asked.

Jaeun shrugged. “Minhee. I don’t think I can handle this.” She confessed.

“Just ignore him, Jaeun. Or confess to him.” She said.

Jaeun frowned. “What confess are you talking about? It’s not like I’m in love with him or something.” She reasoned.

“But you are affected you woman! You won’t be affected if you don’t have feelings for him, right?” Minhee reasoned back.

“I may have feelings but that doesn’t mean I am in love with him.” Jaeun replied. “I am just attracted. That’s it.” She added.

Minhee raised her brow. “Yeah. Attracted my .” She said.

Jaeun sighed. “Why are you being like this anyway? You were pushing me to love before. But why are you pushing me to ignore him right now?” She asked.

Minhee looked at her. “I don’t like seeing you so depressed about your feelings. If you think that’s bull, even if I am against it, then you have your way.” She said.

Jaeun smiled. “You know what?” She asked. “Cheesy lines and Minhee do not match.” She teased.

Minhee glared at her. “Aish!” She raised a hand to hit her.

Jaeun smiled. “Yah! But thanks. It means a lot to know that you are there.” She said.

Minhee suddenly smiled. “What are friends for right?” She asked.

“Yeah. What are friends for.” Gongchan appeared out of nowhere.

“When did you arrive?” Minhee asked.

Gongchan blinked. “Just now?” He replied.

“I know you idiot!” Minhee slapped his head.

“Owwwww!” Gongchan winced. “That hurts you know!” He hollered.

Minhee just smiled. And Gongchan stopped complaining. Then they started bickering again.

Jaeun was watching them. *Wow. Is it just me or do they look cute together?* She thought as she watched them going at each other nonstop.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------

Updated before I go to sleep! :)))

Sleep well, friends! ♥