He's Been Murdered

Rainy Days

 

“Donghae. Donghae, wake up.” I felt something caress my cheek. I was too tired to care about the light touches so I buried my head in my pillow and tried to go back to sleep. “Come on Donghae. Wake up!” I ignored the voice and stayed still. I was about to drift off to sleep when I felt a heavy weight pressed onto my body and start to jump. “AHHHHHH! Teukie Hyung! Get off!!” I yelled at my brother. “You should have gotten up the first time!” he said and got off of me. “Come on, get up!” I groaned but got out of bed anyway and made my way to the bathroom.

After I had taken a shower and did my morning routine, I walked in my closet and picked out a pair of black skinnys, a red and white plaid shirt, and a white wife beater. I got dressed and checked myself out in the mirror. “Hey there y!” I said to my reflection. “Well hello there!” I nearly jumped a meter in the air when I heard Teukie Hyung’s voice right next to me. “Hyung! Don’t sneak up on me like that!” I pouted and turned back to the mirror. “Quit checking yourself out! That’s other people’s job.” He smirked. “Sorry, can’t. I’m just too y.” He scoffed, “I know. You get it from me!” I laughed at my Hyung and with one final look I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. “Hyung, did you know we have new neighbors?” I asked when the mysterious boy found his way to my thoughts. “Yes I did. I made them this cake! Would you be a dear and deliver it to them? I would do it myself but I have to get ready for work. The son goes to your school so maybe you could walk together!” he said handing me the cake. “Ne, umma.” I waved him good-bye and walked out the house.

I call Teukie Hyung umma a lot because he really has been like a mother to me. When I was 14 and he was 18, our parents abandoned us. They left us a note saying they don’t love us anymore and don’t want the responsibility of taking care of children. It’s been me and him ever since. He dropped out of high school during his senior year so he could get a job to support us. He has done so much for me, I could never thank him enough.

I walked over to the house next door and rang the doorbell. After a few minutes, the door opened up and the same middle aged man I saw yesterday stood there with a smile. “Hello! I’m Donghae Lee! I’m your neighbor!” I gave him my brightest smile. “Hello Donghae! I’m Seunghyun Lee! It’s nice to meet you! Would you like to come in?” I nodded and he stepped aside allowing me in. “My brother made you a cake! Its strawberry.” He took the cake from my hands, “Isn’t that nice? Thank you! Hey, you go to Yong High School right?” I nodded. “That’s great! My son Hyukjae will be going there too!” Just then someone came running down the stairs. He wore red skinnys and a white wife beater with a black hoodie. The hood covered his black hair. He stepped into the living room where me and Mr. Lee were. As he came closer, I noticed the black snake bites and thick black eye liner.

“Ah, there you are son! Hyukjae, this is Donghae our neighbor.” He said nothing as his dark, cold eyes stared into mine.  “Maybe you guys could walk to scho-“ “No.” he interrupted. He grabbed his backpack and walked out of the house. “I’m sorry about that. He doesn’t really like meeting new people.” I shook my head telling him he didn’t need to apologize. “I better get going or I’ll be late for school. It was nice meeting you!” He said the same and I walked out of the house.

 

I got to the school and instantly went straight to the library to meet up with Yesung and Ryeowook. “Did you know there’s a new student?” Ryeowook asked. “I heard he came from America. This school is famous for American foreigners.” Yesung joined. “Yeah, he’s my new neighbor.” I rolled my eyes thinking about his rude behavior. “What’s he like? Is he nice?” I looked at Ryeowook, “He has this mysterious vibe and he gives you this really weird feeling when he looks at you. He’s also very rude!” I huffed the last part and crossed my arms. “Maybe he’s just some spoiled brat.” Yeye said, walking up to me. “ Yea, maybe he’s-“ I stopped when I feel a finger on my philtrum. “Will you stop that you freak?!?!” I yelled at my best friend and slapped his hand away while he just laughed.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!” We heard screams coming from the hallway. “Donghae! Donghae!!” Kibum ran into the library. “What’s going on??” I asked him. “It’s…..Siwon….” he panted. I rolled my eyes hearing the name of my ex. Yes, I’m gay. Got a problem? “What did he do now?” I asked annoyed.

“He’s been murdered.”