The Mysterious Boy

Rainy Days

 

RIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG! The school bell rang and almost immediately the students were pouring out the gates. One student in particular stood in the hallway; notebook in hand, camera dangling around his neck. With his thick glasses perched atop his nose, hair perfectly combed back, and button down shirt neatly tucked into his pants, he looked like an average nerd. Looks can be deceiving. He is Lee Donghae the school’s journalist. He dressed like a nerd so he could go undercover in the science club to get the scoop on the club president who was rumored to have hooked up with a teacher.

He stood on his toes to look over the many students that were walking past him. He smiled when he found who he was looking for. “Mr. Cho! Mr. Cho!” he called out, running through the students to get to his teacher who frowned at him as he approached. There was something about Donghae that everyone hated; he could get the truth out of anyone. Mr. Cho put on a fake smile as the ‘nerd-like’ boy stood in front of him. “What can I do for you?” he asked in a sweet tone. “Is it true that you have been sleeping with Vincent Lee, president of the science club?” The teacher was shocked at how straight forward Donghae was. He stood there with his mouth wide open for a few minutes before he cleared his throat, “That is a very inappropriate question to ask young man. Now if you excuse me I’d like to go home now.” Donghae gave him a sickly sweet smile, “Thank you Mr. Cho! Have a nice day!” and walked off leaving behind a very confused teacher.

Donghae skipped off to the library where Ryeowook, his assistant, and Yesung, his best friend/editor were. “How’d it go with Cho?” Yesung asked. “Perfect! When I asked him he didn’t deny anything. Also he kept tugging at his tie! He is so guilty!” Donghae beamed. Another thing about Donghae, he can read just about anybody like an open book. “This story is going to be huge! How do you do it?” Ryeowook asked out of admiration. “I don’t know. I guess I was just born to be a great journalist!”

After he had finished writing his story, he handed it to Yesung and bid the two good-bye. The halls were empty by now since it has been an hour after school ended. He happily marched through the gates as he started his walk home. Today has been a really good day! He thought. Nothing can ruin my mood now! Just when he finished his thought, thunder rumbled through the sky. He looked up and saw dark rain clouds hovering above. A few seconds later, the rain came. “Ugh!” he shouted as he ran the rest of the way home. By the time he got there, he was soaked. “Perfect!” He rummaged his backpack looking for his keys.

“Get out of the car!” The sudden voice startled him. He looked to his left, the source of the voice, and saw a middle aged man standing in front of a car talking to someone. There was a moving truck parked behind. New neighbors I see. “Come on son! Get out of the car!” The man yelled again. This time, the car door opened and the passenger stepped out. He was tall and skinny, yet muscular. He wore black skinny jeans with a black wife beater, his jet black hair was cut short. He looked very mysterious. Donghae couldn’t take his eyes off of him. The moment the dark cold eyes of the mystifying boy met Donghae’s, a shiver ran down his back and he dropped his keys. ! He cursed in his head when he realized they fell in the mud. He picked them up and looked back to the boy and found him still looking straight at him. It really gave him a bad feeling. He quickly opened the door and ran inside, immediately shedding his wet clothes and stepping into the shower. “I hate rainy days.”


First chappie up! Thanks for those who subscribed at the forward! :)

Comment and Subscribe!