A sweet gift from him

If I was the One for You

 

 

“At least you got the name, dude. That’s the start of everything.” The young man sad as he pours brandy on the empty glass he was holding. He was so beautiful that every woman would admire him. His name is Kim Heechul. He occupied the whole couch, lying there like a boss, his back and feet resting at both ends of the couch. Right across him was Choi Siwon, staring blankly in the air and not minding the words his friends were saying, his mind is on something else.

 

They were joined by Lee Donghae, who sat beside his absent minded friend, Siwon. He tucked himself comfortably as he loosens his neck tie a little. “You’ve been busy for these past few days. What have you been doing?” he said.

 

“What else could the reason be? Of course he was hanging out at the café down town.” Heechul answered Donghae, for Siwon. The two laughed at him but still Siwon doesn’t mind.

 

Donghae shook his head then snapped his fingers in front Siwon’s eyes. “Hey Siwon-ssi!” Finally, Siwon had woken up from his day dreams. He glared at Donghae, he then leaned backwards and looked up at the ceiling and then sighed.

 

His friends watched him on his lousy position. Donghae turns to Heechul and shrugged his shoulders.

 

Finally Heechul spit out, “What’s up with you? You need a drink dude. You look terrible.”

 

“What’s wrong buddy?” Donghae asked,

 

“Well—” Siwon started. “It’s been three days; I hadn’t seen her again yet. You know I always wait for her.”

 

“I told you, where he had been. Now we know where to find him when he’s missing.” Heechul chuckled.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Maybe she’s busy at work or something.” Donghae replied.

 

“She works there… as a manager.” Siwon said with exasperation.

 

“Maybe she got fired.” Heechul snapped.

 

“She’s really nice, she can’t be fired.”

 

“Well she is now, she just flirted with you, a customer.” Heechul laughed by him self.

 

Siwon looked at him furiously while Donghae throws him the small pillow his back was resting on.

 

“Hey! I was kidding alright!?” Heechul said, still laughing.

 

Siwon sighed and they fell dead silent until Donghae breaks it. “You know what? A latte sounds good right now.” He tapped Siwon’s shoulder before getting up on his feet. “Wanna come?”

 

Siwon stared at him then stood up while Heechul stayed lying lazily on the couch. “I’m staying. I really need some sleep. Just tell Siwon’s dream girl I said hi.” He grinned.

 

Siwon just frowned at him, “Come on, and don’t mind him.” Donghae said.

 

“Make sure to lock the door!” Heechul yelled before his two friends actually left.

 

Siwon and Donghae went to Cinderella’s coffee shop. It was a 20 minute-drive from Heechul’s place. On their way, Donghae tried to make up a conversation with Siwon, who was still silent.

 

“So what makes this girl so special?” Donghae started, not looking at Siwon but on the road.

 

“I really don’t know. I always bumps into her, but I don’t think she even notice that. But that last time we bumped into each other was the best. I-I mean, I’m not saying that I’m thankful I almost knock her off with my car, but because of what happened, I finally had the chance to talk to her and finally know her.”

 

“Yeah I remembered you told me you talked, a less than a minute conversation. Am I right?”

 

Siwon rolled his eyes. “At least we talked.” And then Siwon found his self smiling. “Strange, ut I think she’s my soulmate.”

 

“What!? Oh come on, get outta here!” Donghae mocked. “You’re too old to believe in such things!”

 

“Seriously, I met her accidentally thrice now. Maybe that’s the sign.”

 

Donghae raised a brow then smirked. “You’ve gone mad.”

 

“I know, I sound crazy. But, I actually have dreamed about her. She was lying next to me.” Siwon said, as he pictured out his dream on his mind. It was his dream after his first encounter with Tiffany.

 

“You’re a .” Donghae laughed.

 

“We’re not doing anything, you idiot.” Siwon glared at Donghae and turns his head to the window. “We’re just lying. I was watching her sleeps like an angel. She was perfect.”

 

“Oooooooh. Sooyoung won't be happy hearing that from you.”

 

“Don’t you mention her. Now my moment is ruined.”

 

Donghae chuckled. “Anyway, you said she was beautiful. What if she’s seeing someone else? I mean it’s not possible that no one else is interested with her.”

 

“Actually, I think she is into someone. When I was helping her get onto her feet that night, she called me by some one else’s name. She called me… Seunghyun.”

 

“Oh now I smell a competition.”

 

“I don’t know.  I looked at her as she called out. She was looking more like heart broken.”

 

“We’ll find out soon. But right now, I am really craving for a cake.” Donghae said as he turned his car to the parking lot. They finally arrived at the Café.

 

“I look like a mess.” Donghae exclaimed as he look at his self on the rear view mirror. He at ties so he just removed his and then fixed his collar. “There, much better.” He said after.

 

They left the car then headed to the shop.

 

Siwon was shifting his eyes everywhere as they find a table, hoping to see the girl he has been missing for days. But there was no sign of her. Where are you? He thought.

 

Siwon was busy looking around while Donghae was busy with his phone. It was a few minutes before Donghae realizes that not a single waiter or waitress had come for their orders. So impatiently he calls out. “Excuse me! Anyone?!”

 

A girl rushes to their direction. She wasn’t wearing a uniform. She was just casually dressed but there was a small name plate pinned on her dress.

 

“I’m sorry, sir. Are you ready to order?” she smiled pleasantly at Donghae.

 

Donghae looked up at her. “Wow you’re pretty.” He mumbled.

 

“What?”

 

Donghae looked at the name plate and then at the pretty waitress standing in front of them then smiles. “Hi, Yoona.”

 

Yoona awkwardly smile at him then said, “Hello. So… May I have your orders?”

 

Donghae didn’t answer; he just looked at her when suddenly someone hit him on his shoulder. “AW!”

 

“Sorry.” Siwon grinned at Donghae then turns to Yoona. Siwon orders while Donghae just stared at her.

 

After writing the customer’s order, Yoona said thank you then leave at once.

 

“What’s wrong with you? You’re looking at her like no tomorrow.” Siwon said.

 

“She’s cute.” Donghae answered still looking at Yoona by the counter where she drops their orders.

 

“You’re creeping her out.”

 

“She’s pretty.” Donghae replied absently. But his smile suddenly fades away when he saw someone grabs Yoona on her waist. The guy looks like a man who got kicked out of work because he causes a lot of troubles, Donghae thought. He was about to think that the guy was a ert who was going to harass her but Yoona just let him.

 

Siwon saw it too. “Uh-oh. Boyfriend alert.” Siwon mocked.

 

Donghae turns and frowns at Siwon. Siwon laughed but then stopped when he catches a glimpse of the girl she was waiting for. She was talking with the waitress whom Donghae likes by the counter. He stared at her as she walks towards the table, taken by a group of four people, at one corner of the café.

 

“I can believe she chose a guy like that for a boyfriend. Man, he looks like a punk who causes troubles in the streets.” Donghae said, but Siwon wasn’t listening. “Siwon?”

 

“She’s here.”

 

“Tiffany? Where?” Donghae shift his head to where Siwon was looking. There were four girls and two guys; one of them was Yoona and her boyfriend. “Which one?”

 

“That one, beside the waitress you like.” Siwon said without removing his eyes from Tiffany.

 

Donghae smirked. “Wow. She really is pretty. But she looks sad.” Donghae faces Siwon, who was still not moving. Suddenly he slaps Siwon.

 

“AW!” in disbelief what his just did, he rubs his left cheek where Donghae had slapped him. “What was that for?!”

 

“You’re too obvious that you are looking at her. You’ll creep her out.”

 

‘I just can’t help myself.” Siwon shook his head.

 

Their orders arrived; still Siwon can’t help to look at her.

 

“You know, she’ll be prettier if she starts smiling.” Donghae said as he took a slice of his blueberry cheese cake. “Ohh this is good.” He moans as he swallows it.

 

“Maybe she and her boyfriend, Seunghyun, did break up.”

 

“Don’t be so negative with yourself.” He took another slice.

 

“I wish I could do something to make her smile.” He looked down at his food.

 

“Hey, I have an idea. Why don’t you treat her coffee?”

 

“Asking her right now? That’ll be awkward. I don’t even know if she remembers me.”

 

“Right…Hmmm.” Donghae thinks for seconds but then Siwon snapped at him with a great idea. Donghae just watch him calls a waitress then listens as Siwon instructed her something. Siwon ordered the best-seller frappé they have on the café, he wrote something on a piece of paper, gave it to the waitress and tell her to include the paper when she serves his order to the lady on the table at the corner.

 

The waitress smiles and admires the idea. “Oh this is really sweet. She was really down on the past few days. I really hope this will cheer her up. Don’t worry, I’ll make it perfect.”

 

“Thank you.” Siwon smiles at her and then she left. Oh I should’ve asked that waitress why Tiffany was feeling down. Siwon thought.

 

Siwon turns to Donghae, who was looking at him with eyebrow raised at Siwon. “Frappé?”

 

“What? It’s sweet.” Siwon shrugged.

 

“Yeah, yeah. But really, that was great idea.” Donghae said as an approval.

 

Suddenly, Siwon’s phone rang. He looks to find out who was calling, it was her mom. Siwon took the call and after talking a minute or two he hanged up.

 

“Hae, we gotta go.” He told Donghae, ashe called a waiter for their receipt.

 

“What? Right now?” Donghae said, he just finished his last bite of the cake.

 

“Yeah. Mom said.” Siwon replied as he get some money from his wallet then pays for their order.

 

“Oh come on. What about your great idea? How can we know if it was successful?”

 

“I can’t stay. We’ll just ask the waitress I guess. Hehehe.” Siwon said.

 

“L-O-L. Fine, let’s go.” Donghae finally agreed. The both of them stood up and left, but before leaving Siwon have a last look at his Tiffany and thought for a second, Goodbye for now. I hope you’ll like my sweet gift. He then finds the waitress and gave her an its-up-to-you gesture. The waitress nodded and smiled. And then Siwon finally left the café in a hurry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you going at Seunghyun’s tonight?” Seungri asks Tiffany with his usual soft voice. He was sitting right next to her, being left out with their friends’ conversation.

 

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

“I’ll give a ride if you want.” Seungri said.

 

“Thanks.” Tiffany smiled weakly. Seungri smiled back and then joined in the happy conversation of their friends.

 

Tiffany was watching them when suddenly a waitress approached her. She puts a frappe in front of Tiffany and gave her the note.

 

It surprises Tiffany coz she didn’t even order it. She took the small piece of paper and was about to read it when Yuri snatched it from her.

 

“Oh my gosh, who sent this?” Yuri reads the note. “I hope this will turn your frown upside down. I really want to see your sweet smile.”

 

Jiyong and Seungri just looked curiously from the paper to Tiffany while the girls squealed with excitement at Tiffany’s secret admirer.

 

Tiffany immediately turned to the waitress and asked her, “Who sent this?”

 

“Ms. Hwang, he left a minute ago. But he was sitting right there with his friend.” The waitress pointed at the deserted table, where Siwon and Donghae were a while ago.

 

All of them turn to the direction.

 

“So I’ve noticed them looking this way. I was really going after the smaller guy who has the baby face. I saw him looking at you.” He told Yoona.

 

Yoona didn’t know what to answer but Yuri answered for her. “Don’t be too rude, it’ just that you have beautiful girlfriend.”

 

“Yeah, I know.” Jiyong said and then he pulls Yoona and kissed her on her cheeks.

 

Tiffany just remains silent.

 

“What does he look like?” Yuri asked the waitress.

 

“He’s tall and very handsome. And very kind.” The waitress said with true admiration on Siwon. “If I’m not mistaken Ms. Hwang, he looks like the guy who yelled at Hyemi few days ago.” She said and then she excused herself then left.

 

Tiffany then remembers that angry customer who yelled at her staff.

 

Him? She thought while looking at the small piece of paper that was brought with the drink.

 

“Looks like you got an admirer, Tiff.” Taeyeon said.

 

Tiffany didn’t know how to react. And she thinks that entertaining such things right now is just so wrong. Tiffany placed the small paper on the table and then pushed the drink away from her. “You guys can have it.”

 

Her friends just watch her in silence. But Jiyong breaks the silence and took the drink. “Sure, I’ll have it.” He said then he took a sip.

 

Yoona, Yuri, and Taeyeon look at him furiously. Tiffany sighed and tried to smile while Seungri looked at her with concern.

 

After a long sip, Jiyong looked up then said, “You’re welcome Seunghyun.” Then he chuckled.

 

Yoona, Yuri, Taeyeon and even Seungri, shook their heads at Jiyong, being such a jerk. Tiffany just remains quiet the whole time, thinking about things.