All new morning...

If I was the One for You

 

 It’s Seunghyun—” Seungri’s voice made Tiffany worried. He was trembling, figuring out how to tell her what had happened. “He’s gone.”

 

“Gone? To Where?” Tiffany thought the word ‘gone’ has two meaning, but she doesn’t want to think it was the worst. ‘Please’ she thought.

 

“He met an accident on his way back here. He’s dead, Tiffany. Seunghyun’s gone.”

 

She felt her knees weaken as Seungri say the words she doesn’t want to hear. “Stop fooling around, Seungri. It’s not funny.” She said, keeping her tears from falling.

 

Seungri didn’t answer.

 

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon came up, rushing towards her. Yuri, Yoona and Jiyong were behind her. She hugged her bestfriend.

 

“Taeyeon~, what’s happening?” she looked at her friends surrounding her.

 

“We can’t reach you by phone.” Yoona said.

 

Tiffany’s best friends try to hug her but she pushed away. “Stop this stupid joke. It’s not funny! Where is Seunghyun?!”

 

“He’s gone. He’s not coming.” Jiyong said, trying to convince Tiffany that she was now waiting for no one.

 

“Taeyeon~” Tiffany muttered, still hoping that one of them will tell her that everything was a big joke and everything will just be a big laugh.

 

“We’ll take you home Tiffany.”

 

“NO! Seunghyun’s coming. He promised me he’s coming.” Tiffany said, she burst into tears and felt her knees weaken. “I will wait for him.”

 

“Tiffany, you’re wating for nothing! Seunghyun’s never gonna come back!” Jiyong doesn’t want to be mean but Tiffany’s being too much. “You want to see him? Come on.” He grabbed Tiffany’s wrist tight ready to drag her but their friends immediately stop him. Seungri and Yoona try to pull Jiyong away from Tiffany while the other two did the same with Tiffany from Jiyong.

 

“Are you alright?” Yuri asked Tiffany but instead of answering Yuri, she unexpectedly runs away from her friends.

 

She heard them called out but ignores them. Didn’t know where to go, she runs to no where with Seunghyun only on her mind.

 

I will never leave you. I promise. Those words from Seunghyun play repeatedly on her mind while her tears were streaming down on her face. Every word a tear would fall down.

 

She didn’t know where she was that too late when she realizes she had reached the streets. Good thing it was late that only a few cars pass by. But when she was about to cross the street, she didn’t notice a car approaching from her left. Fortunately, the car had full stopped before it could hit her. Tiffany was shocked that she stumbled on the ground and the next thing she knows her friends hurry towards her. The man driving the car came quickly too to see if she was alright.

 

“Are you okay? I’m sorry, I didn’t see you.” The man said.

 

Tiffany looked up but she can’t see the man’s face because it was too dark but he was tall, almost the height as Seunghyun.

 

“Can you get up?” the man helped her to stand up.

 

“Seunghyun~” the man heard Tiffany’s soft voice called him with a name he didn’t even know.

 

“We got her.” Seungri, with Yuri and Taeyeon’s help, get Tiffany from the stranger’s arm.

 

“Tiffany, are you alright?” And then she turned to the man that almost hit her friend. “What happened?”

 

“I didn’t see her coming, but trust me I didn’t hit her—but almost. I’m so—”

 

Yoona wasn’t paying attention; she was so worried about Tiffany. All of them were, that they left without saying a word to the man almost hit Tiffany with his car.

 

They took her home. Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri decided to stay with Tiffany for the night, worried about her.

 

It was a long night and a hard time. She cried all night. Her friends try to stop her from crying and comfort her but she just can’t hold her tears back. She tried to tell herself that everything’s going to be fine but she just can’t kid herself. She knew that without Seunghyun, everything won’t be right. Everything will be a heart break, even the next days, months and years that would come.

 

Heart broken and exhausted, Tiffany fell asleep, telling her self that everything was just a dream, that everything will be okay and normal when she wakes up the next morning.

 

 

 

-

 

Good morning, beautiful.

I love you.

I will never leave you. I’ll come back.

That’s a Promise.

 

-

 

She can’t be wrong. It was his voice she was hearing. She slowly opens her eyes and the first thing she saw was Seunghyun’s framed photo on top of her side table. Her eyes felt heavy from all the crying last night as she sat up. That’s when she realizes Taeyeon was curled up beside her and then next to Taeyeon was Yuri while Yoona, on the otherhand, was on the couch sleeping quietly. She stepped out from her bed then covers Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s body with the blanket; she did the same with Yoona. She headed to the bathroom for a shower. After that nice bath, she puts on her bath robe. She never noticed how dark it was in her room so she let the bathroom door open. Her friends might wake up when she turns on the light or sway the curtains for sun light so a little light from the bathroom isn’t bad, she thought.

 

She was still on her bath robe as she walks across the room towards her wardrobe. She was about to open the dresser, she caught a glimpse of her phone on top of the table beside the dresser. She picked it up then pressed something that it . “They must’ve charged it last night.” She meant was her friends that were still sleeping on her bed and couch. There were 8 missed calls last night, so she checked on her voice mail checked it one by one. The first 5 were from Yoona and it was all like, “Tiff, please if you ever received this, please call me back at once.”, “Tiffany, please answer our next call.” the second one was Jiyong’s voice and the rest were mostly like those. The 6th call was from Seungri, saying the same thing with the 5 previous calls. As she listens to their voice messages, she can feel grief again from last night trying to hold back her tears, she checked the 7th. It was from Mrs. Choi, Seunghyun’s mother; her voice was trembling as if she was already crying. “Tiffany, please call me. Something happened… Seunghyun… He…” She can’t take it and turned the call off. The 8th and last call was from Seunghyun. Just seeing his name was painful but that she knew that listening to that one last call from him was more than that. But still she placed her phone on her ear and listens, “Hey beautiful. I’m on my way back there. And why is your phone off? Nevermind. I’ll call again later. I love you so much.”, and the call ended. Her tears were streaming down her face. She wanted to scream but no sound comes out. And then suddenly, someone embraces her from behind. It was Taeyeon, she was always been a big sister for Tiffany, Yoona and Yuri since she was the eldest in the group.

 

“Everything will be fine. You’ll be alright.” She said as comforts Tiffany.

 

“I hope so.” Tiffany answered still sobbing. “I’m missing him already.”

 

“He misses you too, that’s for sure. And for sure, he didn’t want to see you crying. So stop crying.”

 

Tiffany nodded but it’s not that easy for her to stop.

 

“Now, you dress up. I’ll wake Yuri and Yoona up and we’ll go make some breakfast.” Taeyeon said as she let go of Tiffany then went to wake up Yoona and Yuri.

 

They had a quiet breakfast; there was nothing to talk about. But then Yoona tries to break the silence, “Jiyong called. He said, everything getting ready for Seunghyun’s fu—” she stopped right before she could say the word. Taeyeon and Yuri gave her a don’t-say-it look while Tiffany, who seems to understand what she was about to say, just dropped the fork gently and reached out for the glass of water near her. Yoona continued even though she feels uneasy, “Jiyong said let’s just meet later.”

 

“Where?”

 

“At Seunghyun’s house… I mean his parents… They want it their.” Yoona answered.

 

Yoona knew she needs to be careful with her words. ‘It’ means Seunghyun’s funeral. His parents want to hold his funeral at their house because Seunghyun’s was living by himself away from his parents for a long time, since he started working.

 

Then for the first time since they started their breakfast, Tiffany speaks, “Let’s go there together from here. You can just borrow my clothes.” She insists and they agreed.

 

They get ready and went to meet Jiyong and Seungri at Seunghyun’s parent’s house. As they arrived at the mansion that afternoon, many people have attended the first day of the funeral. Many of them were Mr. and Mrs. Choi’s friends and acquaintances from work.

 

They meet Jiyong and Seungri by the front door.

 

“Are you doing fine?” Seungri asked Tiffany politely.

 

She gave a nod for an answer.

 

“Seunghyun’s mom has been waiting for you.” Jiyong said.

 

They went inside. Tiffany saw Seunghyun’s mother and went to approach her. Upon seeing Tiffany, Mrs. Choi excuse herself from a couple of people to meet Tiffany halfway. She gave Tiffany a hug. “I tried to call you yesterday, but you are not answering. I was worried about you too.”

 

Tiffany tried not to cry and reply steadily, “My phone was off. It’s late when our friends told me.”

 

Mrs. Choi offered a seat.

 

“What… Happened?” Tiffany asked as she looked at Mrs. Choi, tears started to pool her eyes.

 

“They said something went wrong with boat Seunghyun used… He was alone… He was locked up inside when the boat—” Mrs. Choi didn’t finished she burst into tears. Tiffany didn’t want to hear the rest of the story. Tiffany couldn’t help it too, seeing Mrs. Choi, who was like a mother to her too, cried infront of her.

 

Soon Mr. Choi showed up and tried to make Mrs. Choi stop from crying. He wraps his arm around her. Tiffany just looked at the couple when suddenly someone sat beside her and hugged her. It was Seunghyun’s sister.

 

“Tiffany” Mr. Choi started. “We want you to know that you’re part of the family now. You have been, ever since. And even though Seunghyun isn’t with us anymore, you can still call us if you need something.”

 

Mrs. Choi wipes her tears and then holds Tiffany’s hand. “Yes, Tiffany. We will always be your family. Don’t you hesitate to ask for any help from us. You change Seunghyun to a man, and we thank you for that.”

 

Tiffany nodded, she was happy for what Seunghyun’s parents told her but her feelings were still mixed up with sadness. Acceptingeven if it’s hard, that Seunghyun’s gone and will never return again. No more of his calls, sweet text messages, deep voice that she loves, his laughs, his hands, handsome face, warm hugs and kisses. No more of him checking if she had eaten her meal, no more good morning, good afternoon, and goodnights. And lastly she won’t be hearing his sweet ‘I love you’. She’ll really miss to hear those words from him but she always knew Seunghyun had loved her until his last breath. And she will love him until her’s.

 

 

She spent the whole afternoon at Mr. and Mrs. Choi’s. Sitting at where she and Mrs. Choi had previously talked, watching the people come and go. The day was ending when she remembered she have to visit the coffee shop. She told her goodbye to Seunghyun’s family and promise to comeback tomorrow because she really has to go and check on the newly opened shop she and Seunghyun manage. Mrs. Choi told their driver to accompany her and her friends volunteered too but resisted both offers so she just drove herself to the shop alone.

 

 

 

The sun was setting when she arrived at the coffee shop. There were a few customers so the staffs weren’t that busy.

 

“Tiffany” her aunt automatically gave her a hug. “I’m so sorry for what happened. How are you?”

 

“I don’t really know.” She said flatly.

 

“I can’t believe things can happen that fast. Seunghyun was such a good boy.”

 

Tiffany just let out a sigh. She can feel her tears starting to pool her eyes but suddenly a customer’s loud voice caught everyone’s attention at the shop. She turns her head to the yelling customer’s direction to see what was happening.

 

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS. I WAITED SO LONG AND I GET THE WRONG FOOD?! I DIDN’T ORDER FOR THIS ONE! WHERE’S YOUR MANAGER?!” the angry man shouted at one of the waitress.

 

“We’ll just fix it, sir.” the scared waitress said, looking down.

 

“You’ll make me wait again?!” the man bellowed.

 

 

 

 

On the otherhand, Aunt Sandra was about to get on her feet and interrupt the angry costumer from shouting at their staff when Tiffany stopped her. “I’ll handle this.”

 

Tiffany approached the angry costumer. He was still scolding the waitress. “Excuse me.” She said politely but loud enough so the man will hear her.

 

The man heard her and turns his head to her direction.

 

“Hyemi, you can leave now. I’ll handle this.” Tiffany told the waitress.

 

Tiffany then noticed that the man wasn’t really angry anymore but he was just staring at her. “Uhm, sorry, sir but is there any problem? Maybe we could fix it calmly.” She said but the man didn’t answer still staring at her. “Sir?”

 

“Uhm, you see. They got my order wrong.” Surprisingly, the man answered calmly.

 

Tiffany was about to answer but the man snapped, “But… It’s fine; I’ll just eat this, its still food anyway.”

 

“Are you sure, sir?”

 

“Yes, yes.” The man even nodded.

 

“Sorry about hat happened. We’ll just charge it free.” Tiffany said. “Thank you again for your consideration.” She smiled.

 

The smile was so attractive for the man; he can’t say a thing but just looked at her. The man thought she was familiar and then he remembered.

 

Tiffany was about to turn her back when the man stopped her. “Wait.” He said. “I know you.”

 

Tiffany just gave her a look. “What”

 

“You’re the girl from last night. I run into you… I mean, almost… But I didn’t.”

 

Tiffany then remembered the guy who almost hit her with his car. “Oh” she said.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I really didn’t see you crossing. A-are you alright?” he almost stammered with his words, he doesn’t know why.

 

“Yes. I’m fine, thanks.” She replied. ‘Why didn’t you just hit me for real’ Tiffany told herself what she really wanted to tell the guy.

 

Suddenly, out of the blue, without even thinking for his next action, he offers a hand for a hand shake and said, “I’m Siwon. Choi Siwon.”

 

 

 

--

 

A/N

 

hehe there you go,, sorry for the late update. I was all busy busy busy.. Reading novels to improve my writing kekeke. Thanks for reading. And there's the character you've been waiting for Choi Siwon :))

 

Thanks for reading. I'll update soon hihihi ^___^V

Subscribe!