One Sunday Morning

If I was the One for You

 

 

 

 

It was a beautiful Sunday morning and Tiffany Hwang was getting her self ready for the big day ahead. It’s a big important day for her because today is the grand opening of her coffee shop, Cinderella’s. Tiffany really loves fairy tales that’s why she named her coffee shop after her most favorite fairy tale, Cinderella. With the help of her long-time boyfriend, Choi Seunghyun, she have managed to put up something as big as this that it was a big dream come true for her.

 

It was almost 7 o’clock in the morning and Tiffany hurries to fix her hair and touch some make-up on her face. She wanted to look perfect for this day for it was really special.

 

As she finished, she check her wrist watch and saw it was 7:15. She got to be there by 8 and she can’t be late because many of her friends were coming for this special day.

 

“Where is he?” she mumbled as she pick up her bag and ready to go.

 

“HONK HONK” A car horns loud outside her house while she was hurriedly walking down the stairs.

 

“That must be him.” She assured herself.

 

She steps outside the house and there she saw that it was the good-looking guy that she always and forever loved. Next to the elegant car parked in front her house, wearing a formal black suit and a white shirt under it, paired with jeans, Choi Seunghyun stands steadily, grinning and waving his right hand at her beloved girlfriend Tiffany.

 

“Good morning, beautiful.” He greeted Tiffany and then he opens his arms waiting for a hug.

 

Tiffany walks towards him and embraces him like she had never seen him for forever. After letting go from the hug, Tiffany frowns. “You’re late.”

 

“I know, sorry. Promise I’ll make it up to you. I’ll get you a coffee this morning.” He said and then he kissed Tiffany on her cheek.

 

“Coffee’s free this morning.” She raised her one eye-brow at him.

 

“I know, that’s why I’ll get you one.” He laughed.

 

“There you go again Eugene Krabbs.” She and pinched Seunghyun’s nose.

 

“And one more thing—” she looked at him from head to toe, crossed her arms and said, “Jeans?”

 

“What? I still look good right?” He replied as he turns around to show Tiffany the clothes he was wearing.

 

“You always do.” Tiffany said and then she reaches out her hands to touch her boyfriend’s handsome face.

 

While Seunghyun held her hand then kissed it. “Let’s go?”

 

Tiffany nodded and she went to the passenger’s seat of Seunghyun’s car and Seunghyun drives their way to the big event, the opening of Cinderella’s coffee shop.

 

They arrived in the shop and saw that many of their close friends attended the grand opening of Tiffany’s coffee shop. Everything went well that morning, including the ribbon cutting and there were free Cinderella’s keychain for the customers who came.

 

It was one of the happiest days in Tiffany’s life, thanks to the help of her family, friends and to her boyfriend who supported her through everything, Seunghyun. She was very thankful everyone was there for her.

 

 

 

Tiffany greeted and thanked everyone in her shop and she just can’t stop smiling. Every customer that arrives come to her and compliments her hard work.

 

From a table at the corner, Seunghyun was watching her happily while she walks back and forth to every customer.

 

“Hey.” A guy suddenly shares the table with him. It was Kwon Jiyong, Seunghyun’s close friend who greeted him and taps his shoulder. “Stop staring at her. You don’t want her to melt, do you?”

 

Seunghyun smiled then took a sip from his coffee. “I’m just happy for her.”

 

“Well she has done her best. You have done everything for her. It’s time you do something for yourself.” Jiyong said.

 

“Hey guys, looking serious huh.” Seungri Lee suddenly sits on the other chair beside Seunghyun. “What’s up?”

 

 

“Nothing, I’m just telling Seunghyun here that he still have a life. And he can’t always just think of Tiffany,” he said and then he looks at Seunghyun then added, “sometimes you have to think about yourself too.”

 

“Jiyong’s right. Do things that will make you happy. We’ll support you.”

 

“You guys don’t get me, do you?”

 

“You’re right. We don’t get it. What about out of towns and girls? Seunghyun, aren’t you getting bored with her? You’re being her pet, and that’s not how we, man, are born to be and you—” Jiyong was getting on Seunghyun’s nerve with every words he was saying and Seunghyun can’t take it. Pretty pissed-off, he still answered back calmly but didn’t let Jiyong finish.

 

“Jiyong.” He seriously stares at him that causes Jiyong to stop talking. “I love her. I’m happy as long as she’s happy.”

 

None between Jiyong and Seungri tried to go up against with what Seunghyun have said.

 

Jiyong can’t believe Tiffany had turn their friend Seunghyun became like this. Before, Seunghyun was the kind of guy who just only thinks and cares about his own happiness but now totally different. Jiyong always thought Tiffany was really something that caught Seunghyun’s eyes.

 

 

“But still, if there’s something you wanted to do, we’re still here.” Seungri said.

 

“Well, there’s something.” Seunghyun said then he held out something small from his pocket that shocked Seungri and Jiyong. It was a ring and for a second Seungri and Jiyong know what he meant was.

 

“Marriage? You’re kidding right?” he smirked, now pissed off with Seunghyun. He can’t believe how things were going on in Seunghyun’s mind. For Jiyong, it’s too early for Seunghyun to get married; he still hasn’t enjoyed his life. Wasting 5 years of his life tied up with someone was too much but being tied up and locked for a life time is way way way beyond too much.

 

“Choi Seunghyun, are you sure about that? That’s a life time commitment, a very serious thing.” Seungri sincerely asked him.

 

“Of course.” He said with a smile on his face and then he puts the ring in his pocket again before someone else sees it. “Tomorrow night, I’m going to ask her to marry me.” He claims proudly as the two just look at him and then he looks at his bride to be busy walking around to assist customers in the coffee shop.

 

“I don’t think we’ll be able to make you change your mind right?” Jiyong said.

 

Seunghyun shook his head; his eyes were still on Tiffany.

 

“Okay then, as long as the best man slot is saved for me.” Jiyong drinks his coffee.

 

Seunghyun laughed. “Sure thing.”

 

“Hey! What about me?” Seungri frowns at Seunghyun and Jiyong.

 

“We’ll get something for you. Ring bearer?” Seunghyun teases him and Jiyong laughed with him making fun of Seungri, the kiddo.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

“TIFFANY!!!” Two girls yelled from the entrance of the coffee shop and got all of the people’s attention.

 

Tiffany turns her head to their direction and she saw her best friends almost running towards her so excited to see her. The three hug each other so tight coz they’ve missed each other so much. Yoona, another best friend of Tiffany came running towards them and joined in. Tiffany and Yoona hadn’t seen their two best friends, Taeyeon and Yuri for almost 2 years now and Tiffany was really happy because the two made it on the opening of her coffee shop.

 

“You girls are late.” Tiffany pouted cutely at them.

 

“Sorry aegyo princess. Yuri here woke up late this morning. It took me an hour just to wake her up.” Taeyeon explained herself. She was really happy to see Tiffany she can’t stop swaying each other’s holding hands.

 

“Sorry. I was really tired.” Yuri said.

 

“It’s okay, at least you made it. Everything is perfect now!” Tiffany said while she smiles so brightly. The four hugged each other again. “Come on, I saved a table for you.” Tiffany leads them to where Seunghyun and his friends where sitting.

 

As soon as the two saw Seunghyun, they greeted him.

 

“Hi, Seunghyun! How are you?” Yuri said waving her hands fast.

 

“I’m perfectly fine! How about you?” he replied grinning.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri sat on the empty chairs. Seungri, who was beside Seunghyun offered his seat to Tiffany and find another chair for him. While Yoona was grabbed by her boyfriend, Jiyong and pulls her making her sits on his lap.

 

“Get a room.” Seunghyun teasingly told Yoona and Jiyong, who were very sweet for Jiyong’s arms were wrapped around Yoona.

 

All of them laughed except for Jiyong. “What? There are no chairs available, you see.”

 

 

“I guess there’s no need to ask these two how they’re going.” Taeyeon said, referring to Jiyong and Yoona who look so sweet. “So let me ask you two.” She turned to Seunghyun and Tiffany. “How are you two? Is Seunghyun’s a good boy, Tiffany?”

 

“Of course I am.” Seunghyun quickly replied at Taeyeon. “Right, baby?” He made a cute expression on his face.

 

Tiffany giggles. “Yes. He hadn’t done anything wrong yet. But when he does,” She pinched Seunghyun’s cheek and added, “You’re really deeeeaaaad!”

 

Seunghyun keeps his cute facial expression.

 

“Right, just gave us a call Tiffany. We’re you’re back-ups.” Yuri said.

 

“Hey Yuri, before that, where’s my new sneakers?” asked Jiyong while he was smiling at her.

 

“In your face.” She stick-out her tongue. “That’s too expensive.”

 

“Chocolates?” Yoona asked cutely like a kid.

 

“We bought many bags of them! And you better see the dresses we bought for you two!”

 

“What about us boys? What did you buy for us?” Seungri asked.

 

“Nothing.” Both Taeyeon and Yuri said it at the same time then laughed.

 

The three boys thought that was really unfair.

 

Many stories were told by Taeyeon and Yuri about their escapade abroad. It was really great to be with the friends that you hadn’t seen for a long time and Tiffany was really happy, her best friends were here. That feeling of having all the support from every important person of her life is the best feeling ever for Tiffany. She was really thankful for this day.