Problem Solving

HE'S NOT STRANGER ANYMORE

Shinhye POV

A few weeks have passed. Eunhyuk’s wedding would be held on this day. Everyone in my home got dressing neatly in early morning. Baekhyun who had been waiting in the living room wore a black tuxedo. I went downstairs as I held my beige long dress carefully. We were ready to go to the wedding hall.

“Noona, you’re so beautiful!” Baekhyun commended. He looked at me from the head to toe.

I smiled. “You’re handsome too.”

Baekhyun’s face blushed. He scratched her head. “This is the first time someone says I’m handsome.”

I chuckled. “You would hear that all the time when you just debut and get a lot of fans later.”

Baekhyun just chuckled either.

“And don’t forget to say my greetings to Choi Siwon. He is your sunbae, right?” I joked.

Baekhyun pouted all of a sudden. “Since when you’ve become his fan girl?”

“Haha. I don’t know too. I started liking him when I watched his drama for the first time. He’s just too handsome.”

“Well, I can’t promise you, Noona~” Baekhyun chuckled.

I chuckled along with him.

“Ah, I want to meet Eunhyuk Hyung. It’s been a long time not to see him. I think I miss him,” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah. We used to play together before. You and Eunhyuk Oppa had always cooperated to make a prank to me.”

“I’m so sorry, Noona.” We chuckled again.

“Are you ready?” Appa came out from his room.

“Ready!” Baekhyun and I said in same time. We walked off to main door then.

“How about Donghae?” Appa stopped walking all of a sudden.

“We’ll meet him there,” I assured. Donghae sent me a message on previous day. He said that we would meet up in the wedding hall.

“Okay. Hurry up! The wedding ceremony will start soon!” Appa reminded us.

*

At the wedding hall

“Oppaaa, I can’t believe you’re a married man right now!”

I rushed off to Eunhyuk Oppa soon after his wedding ceremony ended. He and his wife were standing near the altar. Eunhyuk Oppa wore a white tuxedo while Seohae wore a white ball bridal gown. Now, all of guests were enjoying the feast.

Eunhyuk Oppa grinned, showing his gummy smile as always. “Why? Jealous?”

“Yah! How could I jealous with my own cousin? Seohae-ah, I hope you will not regret marrying him!” I turned to Seohae who was next to him.

Seohae chuckled as she shook her head. “I hope that too.”

Eunhyuk Oppa put his hand around Seohae’s shoulder, pulling her closer to him. “I make sure you will not regret marrying me. You have my heart, babe.”

Seohae smiled to him. “I’m just kidding. You know I will not let go your heart.”

Hey hey. Why they were acting so cheesy in front of my eyes? Tsk. What a newlywed syndrome...

“Hey you two. I know you are a newlywed but please stop acting cheesy in front of me. This world is not only yours, guys.” I complained as I crossed my hands in front of my chest.

“Why? Are you envy? Just go find Donghae then,” Eunhyuk Oppa teased me with his hand still on Seohae’s shoulder.

“What’s going on? I heard you said my name if I’m not mistaken.” Donghae came out of nowhere.

“Look. Your fiancee was envy with our romantic scene. Just marry her as soon as possible so that she could know how does it feel of being a newlywed,” Eunhyuk Oppa provoked Donghae.

“Don’t worry, brother in law. We will get married soon. Maybe on next week?” Donghae joked. He winked at me.

My jaw was dropped. I stomped on his right foot lightly.

“Yah!” Donghae groaned. He glared at me. “How dare you stomp on me! You just make my shoe dirty!”

“Who told you to talk nonsense? How could we get married if you will leave for Japan tomorrow? Let’s go!” I dragged him away to anywhere.

We stopped in front of table full of foods. Thought I was starving now.

“This is the perfect place of all. Let’s eat!” I said, excited. I took every food one by one greedily. Donghae slipped his hand in his pocket. He didn’t move at all. I could tell that he was watching every step I’ve made.

“Oh please, Park Shinhye. Don’t make yourself become heavier with your eating way. You’re heavy already,” Donghae said next to my ears.

Aish. There he went again.

I scowled at him. “You’d better never talk about weight. Woman is very sensitive with that magic word.” I continued enjoying my food.

“Noona! I’ve been looking for you everywhere! Thanks God I found you!” Baekhyun emerged from the crowd.

“Look! A lost kid has found his mother,” Donghae . Baekhyun just sent a death glare to Donghae. I chucked secretly. They never get along well.

“Wow. You eat well, Noona! That’s good for you!” Baekhyun said after he saw many kind of foods placed on my plate.

I beamed. Baekhyun has always understands me indeed.  Not like someone there. I glanced at Donghae who was scowling at Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun-ah, let’s eat!” I pulled Baekhyun closer and ignored Donghae behind me.

When we were eating peacefully, Donghae exclaimed all of a sudden. “Jessica!”

What?? Jessica?? I stopped chewing. I turned around to see a girl was approaching us. Hey. What was that witch doing here??

“Oppa, you’re here.” She smiled sweetly. Then she saw me. “You are Park Shinhye, right?”

“Ne. Annyeonghaseyo. Long time no see.” I forced a smile.

“Hm. Nice to see you again.” She said as she kept smiling. I just smiled back. Sorry, but I was not.

After a brief greeting, Donghae and Jessica started chatting. Donghae told a joke till Jessica laughed. I tightened my grip on my plate as I glared at them. Aish. They often meet at office! Wasn’t it enough to chat there?

“Noona, are you okay? Your face is kinda creepy right now,” Baekhyun whispered to me.

“It’s okay.” I softened my face to him. I back eating while my ears at their conversation.

After a long time chatting, Jessica left to nowhere. Donghae turned to me. “How many plates do you have until this time?”

“Looks like you are too busy chatting with Jessica till you didn’t realize that I have five plates now,” I said curtly without looking him.

“Ah, are you jealous?” Donghae teased me. He brought his face closer to mine. I lowered my head.

“Jealous in your dreams!” I lifted my head before turned around and back facing him. “Baekhyun-ah, let’s eat again!” Baekhyun followed me as well.

“Don’t eat too much. You might get stomachache later,” Donghae warned behind me.

“Who cares?” I talked back.

Suddenly, a voice aired throughout the room. The Wedding’s MC asked for attention. “Ladies and gentlemen, here we come to the most anticipated moment. Wedding bouquet toss!”

“Oooh!” The room filled of noises. Some of girls and boys came nearer to the newlywed place. They were getting ready for to seize the bouquet.

I was about walked off there but a sudden pain attack my stomach. “Ouch!” I groaned. I touched my stomach.

“What happened?” Donghae and Baekhyun stood by my side. They looked worried.

“I think I get stomachache.” I talked out of breath. Aish. The result of too much eating. I should hear what Donghae told before.

“Do you want to go home?” Donghae asked.

“No. I can stand it. I just need a rest,” I assured them.

“Just take a rest in that sofa, Noona.” Baekhyun suggested. He pointed a sofa.

“Yeah.” I nodded. Both of them leaded me to sofa, with Baekhyun on my left and Donghae on my right side.

“Thank you.” I said once I reached the sofa. Then, they took a seat next to me. I sat down between those two guys.

The wedding bouquet event would start soon. I just could see all of participants enviously. I would join them if I didn’t get this stomachache.

“I wish I could get that bouquet…” I sighed.

Donghae and Baekhyun gazed at me.

“I’ll help you to get it!” Donghae stood all of a sudden. He walked off to the crowds.

“Me too! Don’t worry, Noona. The bouquet is yours!” Baekhyun came after Donghae.

I gaped. Without I realized, a smile was curved on my lips as I kept my eyes on two handsome figures who were struggling in the middle of crowd. They were just so sweet.

Donghae POV

“Okay, ladies and gentlemen. Please be ready to be the next newlywed couple!” The MC said.

Now, I was standing in the middle of crowd. I prepared myself to get the bouquet. Oh please, Eunhyuk-ah, lead the bouquet to me. I couldn’t let Shinhye disappointed.

“Ready?? One…” The MC shouted. I aimed my eyes right to the bouquet.

“Two…” Eunhyuk and Seohae held out the bouquet together higher.

“Three!” The bouquet had thrown. It flew up high towards my place. The chance was in front my eyes! The bouquet was getting closer and closer. I set to jump and…

HAP!

I grabbed the bouquet’s body. The bouquet was in my hands! Yeah! I smiled widely. Wow. It felt like I’ve win a lottery! I was so happy!

I could hear most of guest was giving me applause. But then my eyes caught a hand was grabbing the lower tip of bouquet too. Huh? Whose hands?

I turned around to see the bacon kid was right next to me. Both of us were grabbing the same bouquet. Hey. I thought he was with Shinhye. How did he manage to get here? Was he following me again?

“Hey you Copycat Bacon Kid! I’m the first one to get this bouquet!” I yelled at him.

“Nooo! Me first, Fussy Old Uncle!” he yelled back. He pulled the bouquet towards him selfishly.

The noises stopped all of a sudden. I could feel everyone’s eyes were staring at us. Omo. It was kinda embarrassing but I won’t lose to this kid.

“This is mine!” I pulled the bouquet back.

“Mine!”

Bouquet tugging action occurred between us. Before we knew, the bouquet had torn into pieces. Its flowers fell down. This moment gained more attention from the guests.

“Look what you’ve done! The bouquet is broken!” The bacon kid blamed me.

“Why is it my fault? That’s your fault! If you’re not coming this bouquet would be fine in my hands!” I defensed myself.

“You two! Let’s get out of here!”

Shinhye came out all of a sudden. She pulled my hand with one of her hands while the other pulled Baekhyun’s.

“Why did you two act so childish! There are so many people here! Aren’t you ashamed?” She yelled once we were outside.

“Look! The kid who loves you made a fuss first!” I pointed my index finger on the kid.

“He loves me?? Yah. Stop talking nonsense and stop blaming each other!” Shinhye sent a death glare to me. “You, Lee Donghae. You’re the elder here but why you can’t act mature? Bakhyun is younger than you! You should take care of him!”

I snorted. Why did she always defend the kid? She might be really into him. I thought I couldn’t stand it anymore. “Fine! Now I get the point! Just stand up for him as much as you want and forget about me! You know Park Shinhye? I doubt your love somehow.”

I left her. I hope she would chase after me but it didn’t happen. Well, I must accept this fact. She chose the kid over me.

Shinhye POV

I just could stare his back. He walked away and away. I wished he would come back here but I couldn’t see him anymore. Tears already welled up on my eyes.

“He left because of my fault, right?” I whispered to myself. I looked down to the floor.

Baekhyun stood up in front of me and gripped my shoulders. “That’s not your fault. He’s just too selfish. He doesn’t really love you, Noona.”

I lifted up my face. “Ne?”

“If he does love you, he will understand everything you say. Now, he had left you. Just move on, Noona,” Baekhyun told me.

I sobbed. Again, I lowered my head. “I don’t think so.”

Baekhyun lifted my chin up, made me to face him. “Look at me. Can’t you see me? I always there for you. Well, let’s not count when I was in Busan. But… I love you, Noona. I love you since we were young.”

I gaped, too shocked with his sudden confession.

“B-baekhyun-ah…” I stared at him with my blurry eyes.

“Forget him and see me, Noona,” Baekhyun said, pleading.

Omo. What should I do now? I never expected my ‘little brother’ loves me. He always protected me and made me happy since we were young but I had no idea he would have feelings towards me. Aigoo. My life’s gone crazy. I admitted I love him but as a little brother. And the most important thing, I love Donghae so much. No one could replace him. He was totally wrong if he doubt my love.

“Sorry, Baekhyun-ah. I can’t. Donghae is the one for me,” I replied in confidence.

“He can’t understand you! He doesn’t really love you! I’m better than him! Can’t you just love me?” Baekhyun assured me.

I gave him a smile. “You know I love you, Baekhyun-ah. But as a little brother, no more.”

Baekhun pouted. “But I’m cuter than him. I think you deserve someone who is cute, handsome, tall, and kind.”

I chuckled. He had successfully made me stop crying.

“Yeah. He’s not cute as you, not handsome and tall as Choi Siwon, and sometimes he is annoying. But I want you know one thing. I love him just the way he is.”

Baekhyun paused for a while. It seemed like he was taken aback. I thought he would never let me go but then he started smiling.

“Okay. I give up on you. Promise me that you will live happily with him. Just tell me if that uncle hurts you. I’m sure I will snatch you away from him. Ne??” He held out his pinky finger.

“Promise.” We made a pinky promise.

*

I exhaled slowly as I pushed the bell. Now, I was standing in front of Donghae’s door, still with my beige long dress. After apologized to Eunhyuk Oppa and my family, I asked permission to get going first. I just wanted to solve my problem, before he leaves for Japan.

CRACK. The door opened. Donghae came out still with his tuxedo. The different was just his hair looked messy.

“What are you doing here?” he asked coldly.

“Can I come in?” I asked.

“Hm. Come in.” He gave me his pokerface.

I stepped into his apartment. Donghae sat down on sofa, crossing hands in front of his chest. I took a seat next to him.

“Baekhyun told me that he loves me,” I told him as I studied his face.

He snorted. “You’ve come here all the way just to tell about it?”

“Of course not! I just want to say… sorry. I never thought he would have those feelings towards me. Please forgive me.” I looked him with pleading eyes. He was just looking away. I knew he was still mad at me.

“Apologize rejected,” he said, still had no intention for me.

I frowned. “Why? Baekhyun had given up on me though! He even wants us to back together!”

“So?? If Baekhyun had given up on you, doesn’t it mean that you really love me??” He yelled at me. I could see anger in his eyes.

I was taken aback. I had never seen him this angry. Okay, Park Shinhye. You need to calm his down.

“I love you. Isn’t it enough?” I assured him.

“Actions speak louder than words. Prove it that you love me!” He challenged me.

Aish. This guy is really annoying. How to prove it anyways? I kept thinking and thinking. A crazy idea popped into my head.

“Okay! I prove you! Let’s get married next week!”

 

 

Note :

Hi everyone. Here is an update! Either you like it or not, I just hope you would like it.

And guys, I’m sooo sorry I have to say this but this story will end soon. Wonder why?

Well, I’m on my second semester of college right now. The lectures are kinda hard so I have to work extra hard to get good scores. It means that I don’t have more free times to make a long story. So, please anticipate the last chapter guys!

Thanks for read, subscribe, comment, and upvote! :)