The Uncle VS The Kid

HE'S NOT STRANGER ANYMORE

Author POV

Shinhye couldn’t stop laughing. It was fun to hear Donghae and Baekhyun bickering. Every words that came out from their mouths were very entertaining. Baekhyun’s presence have create more lively atmosphere. At this time Shinhye used to be in a fight with Donghae but it seemed he had a great time fighting with Baekhyun. Somehow, she felt relieve a bit. It means that their ‘frequent couple bickering’ was decreased, right?

“Park Shinhye, where are we going right now?” Donghae asked, looking at her through the rearview mirror.

“Well. Since Baekhyun want us to be his tour guide, I think we should go to somewhere attractive,” Shinhye replied.

Donghae scoffed. Want ‘us’? I thought he just wanted ‘you’. Even if he wanted me to tour guiding him, I would say ‘no, thanks’.

“Don’t you go to the bookstore?” Baekhyun asked her.

“Err… I can go there in anytime. So, where do you want to go?”

“Um… I wanna go to ice cream shop we used to eat when we were kids!” Baekhyun said cheerfully.

“You’re still a kid now,” Donghae mumbled in very low voice.

“Helloo. I can hear youu~” Unfortunately, Baekhyun could still hear him. Donghae just rolled his eyes.

“Lee Donghae, let’s go to the ice cream shop!” Shinhye asked.

“Where is it?”

“Go to Myungdong, please,” Shinhye said. Donghae nodded and drove to Myungdong.

After several minutes passed, Baekhyun felt impatient. As far as he could remember, his favorite ice cream shop wasn’t so far like that. He clucked. “When will we arrive?”

“Next year,” Donghae answered carelessly.

“Haha. So funny, Uncle.” Baekhyun teased Donghae.

“Shut up please, Bacon Kid,” Donghae replied.

“Can you drive faster? I know you’re that old but please I can drive faster than you.” Baekhyun said. He was gazing on the view outside.

“You can drive? Omo! I have to report you to the police! Kids are not allowed to drive!” Donghae back, his eyes still focused on the road ahead.

“Yah!” Baekhyun scolded.

Donghae didn’t say anything more. Moments later, the atmosphere became quiet. Baekhyun began to feel bored. Then he started humming. For Shinhye his voice was really nice. On the other side, it was the most annoying sounds for Donghae. That’s why Donghae the audio and turned the volume up purposely. Feeling his voice was lost, Baekhyun raised his voice. Donghae won’t to lose. He also turned up the volume. The louder Baekhyun’s voice, the louder Donghae turned up the audio. They kept playing like that until Shinhye feeling irritated.

“YOU TWO! STOP PLAYING!” Shinhye shouted.

Baekhyun fell silent and Donghae turned the audio off right away. Shinhye’s fierceness beat them. They kept in silence after that.

“N-noona. Are you mad?” Baekhyun asked in fear.

“No. I just don’t like what you did earlier.” Shinhye smiled, waving her hands.

“That’s good,” Baekhyun muttered. He smiled back but something on Shinhye’s hand caught his eye.

He kept his eyes as Shinhye put down her hands. Baekhyun just realized something like a red ribbon was tied on her left fourth finger.

“What’s that?” He pointed it.

Shinhye looked what he pointed about. She realized that Baekhyun had noticed her ‘ring’. “Ah, this is… ribbon.”

“Omo. So ugly. Why did you use that? Just like a child.”

Donghae cleared his throat on purpose. “Aish. That bacon kid has no taste of art! How could he say ‘the ring’ is ugly?”

“Err… I think this is cute,” Shinhye mumbled. She felt very sorry for Donghae.

“Aigoo, Noona. Aren’t you ashamed? Let me take this out from you!” Baekhyun tried to grab Shinhye’s hand. He wanted to untie the ribbon.

“B-baekhyun. Please don’t!” Shinhye kept her hand away while Baekhyun was reaching her hand.

Donghae noticed what happened. His patience had run out. He swerved the wheel and stopped the car all of a sudden.

Shinhye and Baekhyun were thrown back at their seat.

“Uncle! Why did you stop all of a sudden?!” Baekhyun yelled.

Donghae turned around to face Baekhyun.

“Stop taking out the ribbon or I will throw you away from my car.” Donghae glared to Baekhyun.

“Hey. Why are you concern about this? Who are you anyway?” Baekhyun looked back at Donghae.

“I’m her fiance. Got it?”

“MWO??” Baekhyun’s eye widened. He couldn’t believe that his crush had been taken out by someone else. “NOONA, IS IT TRUE??”

Shinhye paused for a while. “Yeah. That’s right.”

“So… he’s not your driver?” Baekhyun looked Shinhye in disbelief. He thought Donghae was her driver at first.

Shinhye’s laughter bursted out and Donghae’s face fell down.

“Unfortunately he is not, Baekhyun. By the way, why do you look so surprised?” Shinhye was confused with Baekhyun’s sudden reaction.

Baekhyun still paused. “Of course it is, Noona. I’ve loved you for a long time! Why did you choose somebody else, especially that annoying uncle?”

“Err… nothing. You know, I just wonder why do you want to use it. I’m sure that uncle forced you to use it, right?”

Shinhye chuckled. “Not really. I think I love this ‘ring’.”

“Ring? How could you say this weird ribbon as a ring? I can buy you a good one,” Baekhyun protested. His protest gained a glare from Donghae.

“Um… I think this ribbon is still meaningful for me,” Shinhye answered the truth.

“See?” Donghae looked Baekhyun, satisfied. “Should we continue our trip?”

“Of course, you should,” Shinhye said. Donghae turned back to the road and started the engine.

Shinhye was enjoying the ride. Suddenly, she remembered something.

“Baekhyun-ah, don’t tell my father about my relationship, okay? We want to keep it as surprise for him.” Shinhye made sure.

“Ne, Noona. Anything for you.” Baekhyun forced a smile.

During the trip, Baekhyun didn’t say anything. He still couldn’t accept the fact that his beloved noona got engaged. After thinking for a long time, an evil smirk was painted on his face. He glanced at Shinhye secretly while Shinhye was gazing at outside. “Just wait and see, Noona. I’ll get your heart.”

Finally, they arrived at Myungdong. Baekhyun and Shinhye got out from the car first while Donghae was parking the car. Baekhyun took the chance to bring Shinhye away from Donghae.

“Noona, let’s go!” He dragged Shinhye away.

“What about Donghae?” She glanced at Donghae who was still in the car.

“He can walk by himself.” Both of them headed off to the ice cream shop.

Donghae got out after parked the car. He realized that Baekhyun and Shinhye were seen to be nowhere.

“Where are they?” he mumbled. He looked around the way and saw two familiar figures were walking away. “Aish. That bacon kid carried off my fiance!” Donghae ran after them.

Donghae POV

“Wow. This place is change!” The kid said when we entered the ice cream shop.

Currently, the shop was deserted. It was my first time here. This shop seemed nice.

“Yeah. It’s been a long time since we came here,” Shinhye added.

“Noona, let’s sit here!” The kid went to empty table in corner.

He sat down and patted the empty seat beside him. “Here, Noona.”

“Thanks, Baekhyun.” Shinhye sat beside him.

I frowned. Aish. Why Shinhye always complied his request?

“Baekhyun-ah, which ice cream do you want?” Shinhye asked the kid as she opened the menu on table.

“Choco chip!” the kid said.

“And you?” she asked me.

“Up to you,” I sulked.

“How about green tea?” She pointed picture of green tea ice cream on menu.

“Up to you.” I looked away.

“Chocolate?”

“Up to you.”

“Aish. I’m not going order for you.” She closed the menu.

“Up to- hey! I want ice cream too!” I looked up at her immediately.

“So please choose which one do you like.” She crossed her hands in front of her chest.

“Chocolate.” I said, finally.

“Okay, I’m going order for us. 1 chocolate for Donghae, 1 strawberry  for me, and 1 choco chip for Baekhyun.” She stood up and went to the order table.

While Shinhye was ordering, I glanced at the kid. He was staring at me.

“Wae?” I furrowed my brows.

“So… you’re her fiance?” he asked in low voice.

I smirked. What a tardy kid.

“You think? Is it clear enough?”

“Yeah. But I want you know one thing.” He smirked back. “I. Will. Get. Her. Heart.”

What the heck he was saying?? He thought he could threaten me?? Huh. Sorry. I won’t lose it from you,  kid!

“Mwo?? Are you kidding me?? Just try it, and I know you already failed!”

“Whatever you say, but I believe she will love me someday.”

Oh man. This bacon kid extremely dangerous!

“Are you challenging me? Okay. We’ll see who can win her heart. And please. Be ready to lose.” I glared at him, clenched my fist in anger.

“Fine. Let’s battle for her. Deal?” He held his hand out to me.

“Deal.” I slipped my hands into his and let it out in a rush.

Shortly afterwards, Shinhye came up with three different ice cream cups in a tray.

“Here, guys.” She placed the ice cream one by one to the owner.

“Thank you, Noonaa~” the kid said happily as he took one of spoonful ice cream into his mouth.

I glared at him before I ate my ice cream. We were eating peacefully for a while before the kid said, “Noona, can I taste yours?” He pointed out at Shinhye’s ice cream.

“Ne. Here you are.” Shinhye moved her cup aside.

The kid shook his head unexpectedly. “Feed me, Noona~

I dropped my spoon immediately. I narrowed my eyes to them. Shinhye glanced uneasy to me.

“Err… I think you can eat by yourself.” Shinhye forced a smile.

Good girl, Park Shinhye. I smiled in relief as I started eating my ice cream again.

“But you used to feed me when we were young! We even used to shower together!” The kid pouted.

I choked. Shower… together?? OMO OMO! I’M SUFFOCATING HERE!

“We’re adults now, Baekhyun,” Shinhye replied in amuse. Then, she glanced at me to see I was smacking my chest.

“What’s wrong?” Shinhye looked worried.

Dear Park Shinhye, couldn’t you see your fiance almost dying because of that kid?

“W-wate..r..”

Shinhye got up to buy water right away. I kept smacking over my chest. A giggling voice came out. I could see that bacon kid looked at me as he giggled. Laughing at my suffering, huh? He stopped when Shinhye came up with a bottle of mineral water in her hands. She passed it to me and I drank half of the water. She was still standing beside my chair as she kept her eyes on me.

“Are you okay?” she asked, still worried.

“Eo. I’m okay.” I put the bottle on the table.

“Phew. I relief now.” She sat back to her seat.

“Are you really worried about me?” I smirked.

“Of course I am, babo.” She smacked my hand with her spoon.

“Ouch.” I rubbed the back of my hand. Then, I glanced at the kid. He was scowling at me.  Haha. See that, bacon kid? She worried about me. I sent an evil smirk to him. He rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, the kid poked Shinhye’s arm. Shinhye turned to his side. He held out a spoonful of his ice cream towards her.

“Noona, aah~” He forced Shinhye to open .

Shinhye paused for a while before gobbled the ice cream in front of .

“Hm. Yummy!” Shinhye cheered.

I scoffed. You’re a fat, Park Shinhye.

“I’ve feed you, now you feed me, please~” the kid whined, then he puffed his cheeks.

Shinhye’s laughter bursted out.

“Aww! Baekhyun-ah! You know that I’m weak to your cuteness! Okay okay. Here I feed you~” Shinhye took a spoonful of her ice cream and feed it to the kid. He gobbled it in happiness.

What?? Was she really give up on an aegyo?? Aigoo. I should try it!

“Park Shinhye, feed me too!” I blurted out.

She sent a glare for me in otherwise.

“Why? I want it too!” I whined like that bacon kid.

“Remember your age, Lee Donghae.” She shook her head as she continued eating her ice cream.

Okay. I have no choice. Park Shinhye, please anticipate my aegyo.

“Come on, Park Shinhye! Ne? Ne?” I put put my hands on my cheek and smiled cutely.


One second… Two seconds… Three seconds…

Shinhye blinked. She didn’t react like when she saw the bacon kid. Hey. What’s wrong? Was I too cute till she couldn’t say anything?

I stopped doing aegyo. I stared at her, confused. “What’s wrong?”

“Ugh. Weird. You’re too old to do aegyo,” the kid commented. Shinhye nodded in agreement. My face blushed. Omo. It must be a really bad aegyo.

“Stop acting childish, Lee Donghae.” She glared at me again.

I pouted. That bacon kid laughed. Yeah. Laugh as much as you can, bacon kid!

“Baekhyun-ah, where do you want to go after this?” Shinhye asked the kid.

“How about walk around Myungdong?” Baekhyun offered.

“Sounds good.” Shinhye nodded.

*

Infuriated and abandoned. Those were what I feel now. You know what? The bacon kid slipped his hand in Shinhye’s arm and pushed me away soon after we got out from the ice cream shop. I just could follow them behind as I glared from his back. Now, we were walking along the street. Everytime Shinhye stopped by a shop, he would follow her like a chick and stayed by her side. Everything became worse because Shinhye seemed more pleased to look the price of goods rather than care for her fiance.

“Lee Donghae , try this.” Shinhye handed me a sunglass once we entered an accessories shop. I wore it.

“Whoa, you’re so cool!” she commended.

“Really? Haha. Thanks.” I smiled. Aaahh, finally you noticed me, Park Shinhye. I’m so touched!

Before I knew, someone stole the sunglass away from my eyes.

“Noona, am I cool too?” that kid had wear it on his eyes. Aish. He was the one who stole it!

“Eo. You’re cool too,” she said as she smiled.

His face lit up. “Thank you, Noona! Let’s go to another shop!” He dragged Shinhye again after put the sunglass back.

I snorted. What’s so cool about that kid? Shinhye must check her eyes to an opthalmologist! I was sure my fiancee got myopia.

Then, we stopped by another shop. The kid still stuck in Shinhye’s side. Okay.  I must do something to get her attention. I grabbed a bowler hat near me and wore it.

“Park Shinhye, look at me! How do I look?” I called her. She turned around to see me.

“Wow. It suits you! Cool!” She held her thumbs up. Yes! Looked like she impressed with my appearance!

Suddenly, someone stole my new outfit again. I could tell the kid was the one who did it.

“Noona, how about me?” The kid asked.

“Omo. Cute!” Shinhye commended.

Hey. Was he going to wear anything I try?

“Park Shinhye, how about this?” I grabbed another hat and wore it.

She turned around again. “That’s cool too. I think you should buy it.”

As I expected, the kid back to take what I wear. Before he could approach Shinhye, I grabbed his wrist.

“Yah, stop plagiarizing me!” I sent a death glare to him.

“Who cares?” he said curtly and then walked towards Shinhye. “Noona, am I cute with this hat?”

*

After walked around Myungdong, we went back home.

“We’re home! Let’s get out, Noona!” The kid said once we arrived in front of Shinhye’s home. They were about to get out.

“Park Shinhye, can we talk? Just the two of us.” I turned around to back seat, kept her away.

“Yeah. Here? You’re not going come in?” Shinhye asked.

“No.”

I didn’t intend to get into your house as long as that kid was there.

“Okay. Baekhyun-ah, you can come in first,” Shinhye asked. The kid pouted and then walked into home.

“What’s the matter?” Shinhye asked again.

“Sit here, please.” I patted the sat beside me. She obeyed my wish to get out from the car and moved to seat next to me.

“So?” She frowned.

I pulled  a small box out of my pocket. She was watching at me till I opened the box and a bright ring appeared.

“W-what is that?” Her voice trembled.

I smiled. “I promised I would give you a decent ring yesterday.”

“L-Lee Donghae…” She stared at me as she covered .

I took her left hand where the ribbon placed on. I put the ring box on my lap before untied the ribbon.

“Sorry I’m late giving you this.” I pinned the ring on her fourth finger.

Now, the ribbon was replaced by a beautiful ring.

“Like it?” I asked her.

She nodded. Tears welled up on her eyes. “I love it. Thank you, Lee Donghae!”

“You’re welcome. Hey, don’t cry.” I wiped the tears off from her cheeks.

“I’m crying for happiness, babo.” She chuckled as she kept looking at her ring. “I should give you a gift.”

“A gift?” I frowned.

She titled her head slightly. She was getting closer and closer, closing her eyes. Her face just a few inches away from mine. My eyes widened. Wait. She was going to kiss me, right? Aw. Good choice for a gift, Park Shinhye! I closed my eyes right away.

BRAK! BRAK! BRAK! Someone was banging on the door.

Hey. Who’s on earth interrupting us?? I opened my eyes to see Shinhye’s face was away from me.

“Noona! Noona!” The kid was standing outside. He was the one who banging on my window.

I slowly rolled down the car window.

“What are you doing here?” I glared at him.

“Uncle Park is calling Noona!” he said.

“Okay. I’m coming,” Shinhye said to Baekhyun. “Lee Donghae, I’m sorry. Appa’s calling me.” She turned to me.

“Hm. Just go there.” I fake a smile, hiding my disappointment.

“Bye.”

She got out from the car. I kept my eyes on her until she entered her home. The bacon kid walked after her. Before he stepped inside, he turned around to see me.

“Mehrong!” He stuck out his tongue.

“Yah!” I yelled from inside my car. The kid rushed away after that.

Aarrgghh. That bacon kid ruined my life!

 

 

Note :

Hi hi! New chapter here! Is it long enough? Hehe.

Thanks for read, subscribe, comment, and upvote guys! :)