Proposal?

HE'S NOT STRANGER ANYMORE

Author POV

After Eunhyuk has gone, Donghae kept thinking about what Eunhyuk said earlier.

“I tell you a secret. Actually, she WANTS to marry you. But there was something that made her rejects your proposal.”

“Really? Did she want to marry me?” he talked to himself.

He wanted to believe what Eunhyuk said but somehow the moment when Shinhye rejected his proposal playing in his mind.

“No. I can’t just trust him.”

DRRTT. His phone vibrated. He has got one message received.

From : Eunhyuk

Donghae-ah, come to my apartment at 8 pm. Important!

“Aish. That guy. Why he always kept bothering me?” Donghae mumbled. He texted Eunhyuk back.

To : Eunhyuk

What’s so important?

One minutes… Five minutes… He didn’t reply.

“Okay. I’m not going to his apartment.” Donghae has decided.

*

At night, Donghae was working on some documents in his room. Since he was transferred to Japan, his position as a manager here was occupied by someone else. That’s why he must be doing all the documents in his apartment. Suddenly, his phone rang. Eunhyuk was calling.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Yoboseyo, Donghae-ah. When will you come here?”

“I’m not going to yours.”

“Eyy. This is so important! Come here or your future will be dark,” Eunhyuk hissed, trying to frighten Donghae.

Donghae kept thinking. Was it really important?

“Eo. Okay. I’ll be there.”

*

“Eunhyuk-ah, what’s the matter?” Donghae asked once he entered Eunhyuk’s apartment.

Eunhyuk stood in the kitchen, looked in panic. Actually, he was afraid that Donghae would suspect his plans.

“Err… can you take my recipe book in there?” he pointed out one of the door on the right side living room.

“You call me here just to help you with that book? What’s the relation between that book and my future?” Donghae scoffed. He felt Eunhyuk such a weirdo.

“Well, you can find out it once you enter that room. Now, just follow my instruction,” Eunhyuk forced Donghae. He pointed the room with his head.

“Tsk. Bothersome,” Donghae muttered.

He entered the room reluctantly. Then, he was startled. He saw a girl with shoulder length hair was back facing him. She was so familiar to him.

“Auntie, welcome to…” She turned around to face Donghae. He rolled his eyes.

“You??” They both were shocked.

“Why are you here?” Donghae smelled something fishy here. That was why he wasn’t moving from the doorway.

“This is my cousin’s house. It’s up to me whether I wanna here or not. And you? What are you doing here?” she asked as she pointed at him.

“Eunhyuk asked me to go here.”

Without notice, Donghae felt someone pushed his body so that he got into the room. And the worst thing was the door slammed shut all of sudden. Sure it was Eunhyuk’s crazy plan.

Their face paled. They both shouting and banging the door over and over again.

“Can you two shut up, please? I’m going to open it after you guys solve your problem!” Eunhyuk shouted from the outside. He didn’t bother to open the door.

Donghae and Shinhye were silence since they were trapped together. Shinhye was sitting on the bed while Donghae was on the floor, buried his face on his knees. They were busy with their own thoughts. The atmosphere became awkward.

“Why I should be locked in this room with someone like you?” Shinhye said, trying to break the silence.

Donghae snorted. Was that only words which came out of after we had not met for two days?

“You think I want it either?” Donghae replied.

“Unfortunately, no. I’d rather locked in a room with Choi Siwon.”

Donghae was getting annoyed. How great. She even mentioned another man’s name in front of her lovely boyfriend.

“Mwo? That actor? Since when do you like him?” he asked as he acted cool.

“You don’t need to know,” she said in brief.

He scoffed. “That’s impossible. I don’t think he wants to being locked in a room with you.”

“Yah. We still don’t know yet. Nothing’s impossible in this world,” Shinhye said wisely.

“Aish. Me too. I’d rather being locked in a room with Song Hye Kyo than you.” Donghae won’t lose over her.

“Song Hye Kyo? Haha!” She laughed so hard. “She is too beautiful for you! Even you don’t deserve to have her in a same room!”

“Yah. Just laugh as much as you want. Choi Siwon is also too handsome for you!”

“Of course he’s handsome. But I’m beautiful. I think I can balance him.”

“Are you sure?”

“Sure!”

“I’m not sure.”

“You’re just jealous, right?”

“No!”

Well, you can guess what will happen next, right? They kept quarreling. Without they’re realizing, someone was leaning on the door, overhearing their conversation.

“Aish. What the heck they are talking about?? Why they are talking about those actor and actress instead?? They should talk about their relationship!” Eunhyuk frowned, whispering to himself.

BRAK! BRAK!

“Oppa, I’m hungry!” Shinhye banged the door again all of a sudden. Bang’s sound struck right on his ear. It made Eunhyuk stood up immediately.

Eunhyuk moved away from that door, didn’t want Shinhye to notice his presence. “I won’t give you food before your problem solved!”

Donghae POV

“What should we do now?” Shinhye whined as she got up from the bed and walked to the center of room.

I thought we’ve spent almost two hours here.

“I don’t know too,” I replied curtly. I was playing with a ribbon which I found on the desk. It was odd that Eunhyuk kept this kind of thing.

“I won’t spend the night with you,” she mumbled, crossing her hands in front of chest.

“You think I want spend the night with you?” I turned my head to her.

She was speechless but still glared at me.  

“We must think how to escape from this room,” I said while I leaned on the wall.

She her chin in thought.

“Aha!” she exclaimed all of a sudden. “I know! How about you jump down from the window, and then you ask security to bring another key?!”

She got excited and then clapped hands for herself. Omo. What a brilliant idea, Park Shinhye. You’re so smart.

“So smart, Park Shinhye. Anyway, do you think I’m Spiderman, huh? Just for your information, we’re on 10th floor right now. You want me to die?” I .

“Of course not. After all, we aren’t married yet. I don’t want to be widower sooner.”

I rolled my eyes.

“You say what?” I asked in disbelief.

“Omo.” Shinhye covered with hands. Shinhye herself was surprised by her own words just now.

“You… want us… married?” I asked carefully. Step by step, I approached her. My eyes kept scanning on her face.

She looked down.

“Look at me, please,” I whispered. I grabbed her arms, trying to get her attention.

She looked up to me as she sighed, “I’m not going marry you…”

My hands fell down. I just felt like… half of my soul went away. I was right. She never really loves me for real.

“So, you’re lying when you said that you love me?? Are you satisfied fooling around me??” I snapped at her. Then I walked towards the window. Tears started welling up in my eyes.

Oh God. Why oh why it felt so worst??

“No, that’s not what I mean. I’m just…”

“Enough! I’ve understood what you say,” I cut her words off without looking at her at all.

“Yah. Can you listen to me for a while?” She turned my body to face her.

She cupped my face. “Lee Donghae, I’m not going marry you… before you propose me like another romantic scene in dramas.”

Speechless. I couldn’t say anymore. All feelings of sadness turned into feelings of pleasure. You know? I just feel like I’m the luckiest man in the world right now!

The smiled appeared upon my face as she smiled too. I was just too happy.

“Wait, Park Shinhye.” I walked towards the desk and then picked up a ribbon that I played before.

I turned back to Shinhye and then held her left hand. My face kept shining as ever.

Then I knelt down. Somehow, I felt so nervous although she would marry me.

“Park Shinhye, will you marry me?” I said sincerely.

She nodded in certainty. “Yes.”

We smiled at each other. Today is one of my greatest day in my whole life. Thank God for all the blessing you've given to me. I hope the woman in front of me is the best for me.

 “I don’t know just because of that you reject my proposal. But… here.” I tied that red ribbon on her fourth finger. “Sorry for not set up a decent ring for you. But I promise, tomorrow I will replace it with a better one.”

She just smiled. “No problem. It’s still cute.”

“Thanks.” I stood up and then kissed her forehead. I wiped my tears. It was tears for sadness that had been turned into tears of joy.

“Omo. Look. Do you love me that much till you shed your tears?” She chuckled.

“Yeah. And I’m not lying. I love you.” I kissed her back hand.

“Me too.” She smiled.

Suddenly… CRACK. The door did open but not so wide.

“I see you two have made up. You can get out now.” Eunhyuk’s head popped. His face seemed brighten.

“How do you know? Did you overhearing us?” I asked. He was very suspicious.

“Err… Kind of something like that,” he said before went away from the door.

“Yah, Eunhyuk!”

“Yah, Oppa!”

 

Note :

Hi guys! Since today January 13th is my birthday, I would like to give you new chapter!

Happy reading! Thanks for read, subscribe, comments, and vote! You’re so amazing guys! :D