Chapter 5

I fell in love with my boss

 

 

Chapter 5




A few weeks later…

After their ‘date’ at YoonHyun’s restaurant, neither Jesse or Fany were able to forget their special time together. However, that night wasn’t their last date together; many times later, they would visit the same cozy restaurant again or other ones just to enjoy each other’s presence. And the inevitable happened… their relationship grew as their bond strengthened as well. Now, much closer than before, the American duo were so free and comfortable towards each other that they would end up finishing each other’s sentence or simply, saying the same thing or ending in another round of laughter.

As the trust in each other increased, Tiffany had full trust in her blond assistant. Their routine would end up the same: working together, eating lunch together, laughing or just chatting together… However, what Tiffany didn’t know was Jesse’s biggest secret. Actually, there were two secrets, one, it was the real reason why Jesse was so worried and in a hurry to find a job, and two, … his true feelings.

Momentarily, Jesse’s train of thoughts was interrupted when the elevator dinged loudly revealing his stunning and adorable boss. She was beautiful today… like the other days, he remarked in his mind with a smile. Meanwhile, Tiffany greeted everyone happily, but when her eyes found his, he found it hard to breathe or keep the stare. His heart doubled its pace as his cheeks were burning in nervousness; nonetheless, when she opened her lips into a wide and bright smile, Jesse felt his interior melting entirely.

His boss spoke a few words to him, yet he was only able to nod dumbly since he knew that there was a knot in his throat. Once she finished, she smiled brightly again and walked to her office. Meanwhile, Jesse’s eyes followed her in some kind of trance; soon, he placed his palms on his cheeks and became surprised when he realized how warm it was. He stared at the door for some moments with his hand on his pounding heart; he knew that the longer time passed by, it was more hard to hide his deepest secret… the secret that… he fell in love with his boss.

After letting out a big sigh stream by his lips, he closed his eyes briefly, remembering the past days when he realized his true feelings for Miss Hwang…

[FLASHBACK]

On the previous days, Jesse would always come home with a shy and goofy smile on his face. Yet this was becoming a problem when his noisy and annoying sister all the time saying that he and his boss make a cute couple. She would even make kissy faces only to mock her old brother who could only chase her around with a vivid tint of pink in his cheeks.

However, whenever they would end up this teasing-game, Krystal would end up repeating the same sentence, with seriousness in her voice “Oppa… when are you going to open your eyes?” Those words hit him immensely at the point he would end up thinking of her sister’s remark and his boss whenever he lied on his bed before sleep. Yet, he couldn’t talk to his sister about what was happening inside of him since he knew that she would use this opportunity to and make him more frustrated that he already was. With this problem, the only one person that could help him in this time was… his mom.

Just like another day, once Jesse entered his apartment with an unusual dumb smile on his face, he realized a note atop the counter which was left by his sister. The note said that she went to study at her bff’s home. Breathing in relief, he took this cue to proceed with his plan. Taking the last look around, Jesse reached for the phone in the kitchen and quickly dialed a number. He took a deep breath, yet he sighed in relief when a soft voice answered at the other side of the line:

“Hello?”

“Mom?” Jesse spoke with a smile forming on his cheeks as soon he heard his mother’s voice. He missed a lot; still his smile widened when his mother’s tone turned softer and warmer than before:

“Oh my goodness! Jesse! I missed you, darling! How are you doing, dear!?”

Jesse chuckled at her hyper tone as he answered gently:

“I am fine, mom. Thanks for asking, but what about you? Are you taking all the medicines and how is the treatment going? Please, tell me that you are taking care of yourself.”

Suddenly a soft laughter filled Jesse’s ears as his mom spoke tenderly:

“Oh, sometimes you act just like your father *chuckles* but I am fine. Thanks to you too, honey.”

She told him half-joking as Jesse felt lighter and spoke honestly:

“You don’t have to mention it, mom. You know I would do much more if I could. At least, hearing that you are fine, I am feeling much better.”

Yes, that was Jesse’s secret. The reason he had to work so early was because his mom has a serious heart problem and as his family’s money wasn’t enough to pay her treatment; he left U.S in his teenager years to attend the same school and college where his father graduated. So that he would be able to have a better job and help out with his mom's expensive hospital bills. His sister, Krystal took good care of his mom while Jesse was away, but just like her oppa, she was tired of doing nothing and decided to follow her brother’s steps to help their mom as she also went to Korea.

Now, back to the conversation, Jesse main’s reason for calling his mom was to know about her health, still… that same question was bothering him a lot… and who could be better to talk to about his feelings other than his own mother?

“Jesse? Are you there, dear?”

Jesse snapped from his train of thoughts at the sound of his mom’s voice. When he hurriedly answered, the other side of the line was silent, followed by a soft sigh as Jesse’s mom asked again in concern:

“Darling… are you really okay? And please, tell me the truth. I know that when you are worried or thinking of something, you become even more quiet.”

Unconsciously, Jesse grimaced and pouted since his mom hit the right spot. But how could he start this conversation? Yet, who was he trying to fool? This subject was bugging him for days and if he didn't talk to anyone about this, he would get crazy for sure. When he was about to speak, his mother pressed on at the other side of line:

“And don’t try fool me, Jung SooYeon. I know that you were pouting just now, so you better tell me everything and I mean EVERYTHING! *Ahem* I just want to help you, dear. ”

Jesse mentally hissed and chuckled inwardly at his bipolar mother’s demeanor. Then, when his semblance remained serious again, he knew that his mother only waited for his response. Holding the phone tightly on his ear, he closed his eyes when a familiar and beautiful lady came back to his mind. Taking a deep breath, he finally asked a little hesitant:

“Mom?” “Yes, dear?” “*sigh* H-how did you knew that you were... hmm I mean… that you…*breathe deeply* that … you loved dad?”

“Oh… so this is what’s this all about? Hmm…” Jesse almost could see his mother’s surprised expression due his question. After some anxious seconds waiting her answer, his mother spoke in wisdom with her voice even softer:

“I must say that… love doesn’t have secrets or any magic formula, darling.”

“B-but how did y-you—“His confused words were cut by his mother voice again:

“Jesse…when I met your father… I didn’t fall in love with him right away because I was interested in someone else. But, as time passed, the person I fell in love, kept hurting my feelings. Yet, your father was always there for me. However, while the time passed and I saw I could lose him, I didn’t know what to do. At first, my heart ached with the fear of losing him. I thought it was just a habit, but it wasn’t… I felt like a part of my heart was ripped out of me. I felt jealous, frustrated and sad; to the point that I realized what I felt for him. I've never felt that way towards anyone else… It was how I knew I loved him, so unable to hide it anymore, I confessed everything to him. Although I was afraid to lose him because of my confession, I became bewildered when he told me… that he was just waiting for me all this time and how much he loved me…”

Jesse was agape, he knew the story about how his parents met, but not with that detailed. He was brought back to reality when his mother spoke warmly:

“That’s why I told you that love doesn’t have secrets, dear. I was so dense to realize that I loved someone that was always right in front of me. And I only felt my feeling awaken when I realized that I could lose him… But you, my son… you can do different… don’t let someone almost slip of your hands to realize your feelings. Maybe for you, love is just waiting for your next step…But darling…can I ask you… why are you asking me this?”

His breathe hitched as he widened his eyes slightly. After his mother’s explanation, everything was getting clearer. The heart under his chest started to pound madly when his mother finally made the crucial question:

“Jesse…dear… do you like… someone?”

Out of a sudden, flashes of his moments with a particular eye-smiling lady made his mind a swirl and his heart explode. He gulped and closed his eyes, placing his hand on his pounding heart. Each time, he remembered her smile, her eyes, her face, her kindness and touches… the more his heart screamed in affirmation. After his mother's words and advices, he knew that he couldn’t go back now, the truth was right here in his face all this time. Then, he held his heart tightly as he uttered very softly:

“I – I don’t know if I can answer that question… mom.”

“But why, dear?” His mother asked worriedly at the other side of line. Suddenly a smile in realization crept on his lips as he whispered genuinely:

“Because…I think it’s turning into something… more.”

“I see… My son, if you see that there is a chance, even if it is a very small one… fight for who you love okay? And when you come back, I want to know this lucky lady who stole my son’s heart.”

“MOM!” He snapped in embarrassment with a blush on his cheeks as he could listen his mother giggling at the other side of the line. However, her laughter infected him as they were laughing together. Once their laugher subsided, Jesse felt lighter as he spoke earnestly:

“Thanks, mom… I-I really miss you.”

“I miss you too, dear… very much. I hope I could help you. I must go now, your father is calling for me. Love you, dear! Take care! Bye bye.”

Jesse chuckled and smiled as he answered warmly:

“Love you too, mom. And please, take care of yourself too. Bye.”

He heard her saying her farewells and making kissing sounds as he ended up laughing and finally hanging up. Once he it was silent again in his apartment, his mother’s words echoed in his head again. Then, the undeniable truth came to the surface as an awestruck smile crept on his lips:

“I think… no… I–I fell in love with …my boss…”

[END FLASHBACK]

Back to the present, Jesse only snapped from his memories when his boss called his desk’s phone. Being requested, he caught some random files on his desk and rushed to his boss’s office. Taking a deep breath, he softly knocked on the door as Tiffany spoke a soft “Come in” in response. As soon he was inside at her office, he was rewarded with her famous and cute eye-smile as she motioned to him sit and to start their brief review of their long day.

Minutes passed, and Tiffany was engrossed with the new project, more precisely, the next HK’ Company advertisement while she reviewed the files, graphics and everything. Meanwhile, Jesse was having a bad time to concentrate himself; occasionally, he would steal glances or daydream while he watched his concentrated boss. Yet, he was constantly scolding himself mentally since he knew that this was wrong, he needed to pay attention to answer and aid Tiffany with the subject, but there was him, totally bedazzled and stunned while he looked at her, dreaming:

“She is… so beautiful… Arghh! Focus, Jesse! Focus! Stop daydreaming! Do you wanna look like a moron in front of her, huh?!”

Unconsciously, Jesse violently shook his head to shoo these thoughts away from his mind. Of course, after his realization about his feelings for his boss, everything was clearer, yet he had to deal with those strange urges that he would always end up staring and admiring his boss with a dumb smile on his face. However, seeing her assistant acting a little ‘out of control’, Tiffany frowned in concern as she asked hesitantly:

“Hmm… Jesse?” The latter snapped immediately from his inner battle and answered promptly, yet feeling embarrassed for being caught:

“Y-yes, Mi-Miss Hwang?”

Noticing his wavering tone, Tiffany’s eyes softened as she removed her glasses slowly to take a good look into his eyes. Once their eyes met, it was inevitable; both hearts doubled its pace as Jesse quickly looked down in shyness. Tilting her head to her side, she finally asked carefully to not make the poor guy even more nervous:

“Jesse… you look kinda… distracted today… is everything fine? Or is there anything bothering and worrying you? You know you can talk to me.”

To prove her point, Tiffany gently placed her hand on top of his and squeezed it slightly with a comforting smile like a true friend. In the other hand, Jesse’s heartbeat got worse when he felt her warm hand on his, their hands fit and… it was amazing. Yet, even if the brunette was the one who held his hand, she felt a sudden heat spread in her chest and her face as if his touch was burning, still, it was fluttering her heart.

Their eyes locked for a moment and no words were exchanged between them. Only within a deep stare, both of them remarked in their minds how beautiful were each other’s eyes and how mesmerized they were right now. Unconsciously, like a magnetic force, they felt their heads moving to forward slowly; their hearts pounded anxiously and a tint of pink spread in their cheeks and when Jesse tried to open his mouth to speak… Tiffany felt attracted within his intense stare as her whole body shivered... Yet, their stare was broken when Tiffany’s desk phone ringed:

*TRIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM* TRIMMMMMMMMMMMMMM*

They quickly looked to their down in shyness as Tiffany clumsily reached her phone and spoke gently, yet without looking into Jesse’s eyes due to her embarrassment:

“Oh – I have to hmm to answer this c-call-“

“S-sure, miss H-Hwang! I – I will come back to my desk, c-call me if you need me.”

“All r-right, Jesse. We will c-continue t-this subject later okay?”

He quickly nodded as he held his breath and quickly left the room. Meanwhile, before answering the phone, Tiffany fanned herself as the mood around her was still pretty hot. Taking deep breaths to calm herself down, she placed her hands in her cheeks and became surprised once she noted that her face was warm. She reached for her phone, but before answering, she remarked into a coy whisper and an amusing smile plastered on her face:

“Such lovely eyes…”

With a small blush, she chuckled to herself feeling warm. But her happiness finished when she heard the voice at the other side of the line…

Back to Jesse, once he was out, he leaned on the door and sighed deeply as he placed his hand on his pounding heart. Meanwhile, he was only brought back to reality when he opened his eyes only to see Sunny staring at him with her brow raised and looking at him suspiciously. He could only smirk in embarrassment as he rushed to his desk and decided to not raise his head for the rest of the day. Yet, a coy smile crept onto his cheeks while he remembered when their eyes met. Sighing in content, he spoke sincerely in his mind, already daydreaming:

“Her eyes are beautiful indeed…”

-x-

Another day at the HK company ended, and while the employees were getting ready to leave, the elevator made a ‘ting’ sound and opened briefly. Out of sudden, a very good looking man came out of the elevator; his beauty was so dazzling that you could say that he was a model. However, the latter walked to the wide office while winking and smirking cockily to his feminine public; some women were enchanted by his charms while others frowned and ignored him already knowing who this guy was.

Meanwhile, Sunny recognizing who the guy, rolled her eyes and scowled as he approached. Jesse kept watching him attentively with a frown in his face and browns scrunched together, not liking the guy’s cocky attitude at all. However, when the guy passed by their desks ready to reach Tiffany’s door, Jesse stood up immediately and tried to be polite when he wanted shoo his guy from there:

“Sir, I am afraid that you can’t enter in this room. Only with authorization.”

The guy halted and turned around with an eye brow raised, and slowly a cocky smirk crept on his face as he shook his head in disdain:

“I believe you are new around here, am I right? Who are you anyway?”

Jesse tensed his jaw feeling an anger tingling in the pit of his stomach. So he adjusted himself and snapped quickly, showing firmness in his tone:

“Jung Jesse, Miss Hwang’s assistant.”

The guy’s cocky smile widened as he rubbed his chin in awe; then, he removed his keys from his pocket and throw atop Jesse’s desk as he uttered cockily with a smirk never leaving his lips:

“Hey, blondie. Can you watch my Ferrari’s keys for awhile? I am your boss’s boyfriend. I bet you heard about me or saw me in tv, I am Ok TaecYeon.”

Jesse frowned and snapped bluntly, tired of the guy cockiness:

“Never heard about it.”

And for the first time, a displeased expression showed up on TaecYeon’s face as he scowled when he heard a stifled giggle coming from Sunny, the latter averted her stare to her computer with a serious face once the angry model glared at her. Jesse didn’t flinch when the model glared at him, albeit he was really tempted to laugh at the model’s displeased expression. However, the latter suddenly smiled cockily again as he walked to Tiffany’s door, but not before taking a look at Jesse from head to toe, speaking scornfully:

“No, of course you wouldn’t. Besides, this isn’t your world anyway"

Although his pride was hurt with this boastful model, he made sure to keep his composure as they held a fierce glare. When Taecyeon scoffed and smirked, he finally entered Tiffany’s office. Meanwhile, Sunny watched Jesse worriedly when his cold semblance turned into a sad frown as he lowered his head and went to his desk to get his belongings. After a while, his boss’s door opened out of sudden, revealing two figures, as TaecYeon held Tiffany’s hand tightly while strolling by the office, as if he was teasing Jesse. Then, he stopped in front the blondie’s desk and reached his keys as he blurted into an annoying tone:

“Thanks for taking care of my keys, blondie. Next time, I will show you my humble car.”

Not liking his attitude, Tiffany frowned and spoke gently to Jesse who kept silent:

“Jesse, I am sorry. But I have to go, you know … a commitment with him, by the way, I didn’t introduce you two yet, Jesse this is—“

He decided to cut her words politely as he eased her with a kind smile:

“There is no need, Miss Hwang. We already were… introduced. And don’t worry, I understand, you don’t need to explain. I know you are busy with your—“

“Romantic dinner! Yeah, she is such a lucky girl isn’t she? We will have so much fun in our date, right babe?”

TaecYeon quickly interrupted them as he smiled annoyingly while hooking his arm possessively at Tiffany’s waist. The latter rolled her eyes and removed his hands on her as she turned her attention to Jesse, turning her semblance much softer:

“But I won’t forget what we planned okay? I–I am really sorry, Jesse.”

“You don’t have to, Miss Hwang… Besides… I am just an employee... Well… have fun. See you tomorrow, Tiffany-shi”

Tiffany’s heart tugged when she heard Jesse’s emotionless tone, it was so different when they were together, as if a sturdy ice wall was between them. Honestly, she didn’t like this, she was always honest with him and she couldn’t deny that Jesse was hiding something from her. However, when she was about to talk again, she felt a tug in her hand as TaecYeon rolled his eyes and spoke already annoyed:

“Okay, okay. Can we go now? I made the reservations already.”

The female boss nodded reluctantly as she gingerly waved to Jesse, who kept his head low as he grabbed his belongings:

“Bye, Jesse. Take care okay?” “Bye, Miss Hwang.”

Frowning sadly, she nodded hesitantly and finally left as TaecYeon pulled her to the elevator, but not without taking a last look at her assistant who was at his desk, looking like a lost child. Her heart unknowingly ached at the sight, but she didn’t know what to do? Gulping deeply, she sighed in discomfort as the elevator’s doors finally closed. Meanwhile, when the couple left the office, Jesse finally let out a sigh as his sad frown didn’t go away. He kept staring the elevator as if his boss was still there, and his heart ached. Now, he definitely knew that he was in love with her or else, his heart wouldn’t be hurting so much now… why he had to fall in love with her… when she already belonged to someone who could offer much more than him…

It was like a hard slap on his face, to make him wake up from his silly and stupid dream that his boss would ever return his feelings…

“Such foolishness… I am so stupid…”

While dwelling in his own melancholy, he felt a soft squeeze in his arm as he snapped back to reality only to see his co-worker looking at him worriedly:

“Hey, Jesse… are you all right?” He gulped and averts his stare to the ground while speaking absentmindedly:

“Yeah. Now, if you excuse me, I have to—“

“Would you like to accompany me and grab some coffee?”

“Sunny, I really appreciate your concern, but you don’t have to-“

“I tried to be nice, but I won’t take a no as an answer, so you better come with me mister!” She added with a booming voice, full of authority. Jesse tried to bargain, but it was useless as he dipped his head tiredly and blurted:

“But—arggghhh all right…” He said in defeat after a sigh escaped from his lips, meanwhile Sunny punched the air happily, wrapping her arm around the sulky boy’s arm. Together, they went to the coffee shop with Sunny making thousands questions to a sulky and timid Jesse.

-x-

“So… are you going to tell me what is bothering you… or do I have to get it out from you by force?”

To prove her point, Sunny raised a fork and dangerously pointed to the depressed blond guy. The latter merely lowered her hand and sighed deeply as he looked to his side with a far gaze:

“I know you what are you trying to do, I really appreciate your concern, Sunny. But I am fine, really…”

“Pffft…right… seriously Jesse, your face... it’s depressing me! I've never seen you so down like this ever since ---“

The blonde girl shut quickly with her eyes widened since she knew that this subject was really sensitive to her friend, Jesse. But to her surprise, instead of receiving a cold glare; Sunny stole a glance of him and pouted sadly to see the poor boy with his head lowered, practically emotionless. His face was mixed with so many expressions, yet the most evident were deception and sadness, she snapped from her trance when her friend/co-worker spoke weakly without looking at her:

“That’s fine. That subject doesn’t bother me anymore… yet, once again I find myself lost and imprisoned because of the same problem…”

Feeling moved by his mournful tone, Sunny frowned in concern as she reached for his hand and gave it a light squeeze. Jesse grinned weakly in return, appreciating her concern; he thought that Sunny would give up, but his expression only boosted her confidence to make more precise questions:

“Jess… please be honest at me and answer me… is there by any chance that… are you liking someone?”

Out of sudden, Sunny was surprised when she noted that Jesse tensed with her question. Slowly, he started to fan himself and looked everywhere except Sunny’s face. The latter realized that she ‘reached the right spot’; a mischievous smile crept in her lips as she pressed on:

“Do I know this person?” With that, Jesse couldn’t help but widen his eyes since Sunny was getting pretty good with her guesses. His heart was pounding heart and he was sure that he was flushed right now. The poor guy couldn’t answer since he didn’t trust his voice, but when Sunny made the last question… his heart almost jumped out of his chest:

“Jesse… is there any possibility that this same person… would be our … boss… Tiffany?”

“!!! W-H-A-T?! B-B-But, wh- how and you! I – I don’t errr… hmmm?!”

Jesse nearly choked with his coffee thanks to Sunny’s sentence. His eyes were big and round, his mouth totally hanged open and he stood totally motionless, unable to say or do a thing. However, he knew it was too late to try to hide one of his deepest secrets since his so called best friend was clapping her hands in delight as she laughed in enthusiasm thanks to his shocked and ‘busted’ expression:

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I KNEW IT! YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN YOUR FACE, JESSE! AWWW, YOU LOOK SO CUTE WHEN YOU BLUSH! HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

“Lee SunKyu…” Jesse gritted his teeth as he snarled at the laughing girl who finally hissed with his cold tone. Then, she made a cute face, exposing her best shot *her aegyo* and joined her hands together as if she was asking for his mercy. However, her noble friend sighed deeply and burrows his face on his hands as he breathed loudly:

“Am I that obvious?”

Then, between the crack of his fingers he saw Sunny with her eyebrow raised and arms crossed with the “Are you kidding me?” expression all over her face. Seeing that he didn’t have a point to lie now, Jesse decided to ask the obvious as he breathed deeply:

“When did you realize it? Do-do you think she knows?”

Suddenly, Sunny chuckled and shook her head as she brushed Jesse’s bangs to his side affectionately. Taking a deep breath, she stated the facts with all honesty:

“My dear and dense friend, Jesse… ever since you started to work with us, I could note this warm mood around you guys. I mean, you two act like you were already in love for ages, but neither one of you realize it, it’s like you two were in your own world when you guys are together… You indirectly show your true feelings like those endearing stares; the warm touches, the genuine smiles and the list gets pretty longer. But what’s important here is that those small and meaningful actions are just a reflex of your feelings…”

When the information sunk in, Jesse couldn’t help but to feel his heart flutter at the thought that Tiffany might have some affection for him… but this was silliness, why would she like him when she already has a rich, good looking and famous model as her boyfriend? Trying to snap from his own fantasy, Jesse shook his head and felt his heart ache about what he will say:

“Sunny, I thank you for being a good friend and for trying to make me feel better. But the way you speak, I would think that is there any chance t-that… Miss Hwang c-could feel the same… which you know it’s impossible, right?”

“How can you have so sure?!”

A frustrated Sunny barked at him as she crossed her arms and frowned angrily with Jesse’s lack of hope. The latter frowned sadly and stared deeply at his friend’s eyes as the latter softened after realizing that his eyes were getting moistened while he spoke into a raspy and croaked voice:

“Come on, Sunny… Miss Hwang… she came from a rich family and it is normal that her father would like the best suitor for her. Why would she ever date someone broken as me when that jerk gives everything to her? I don’t have cars, riches, mansions… I am just a humble and broken guy who works hard to pay my mother’s hospital bills… In other words… I am just a nobody…”

After close her eyes and breathe deeply, Sunny held her friend’s hand tightly to get his attention. Once he looked up to her with a defeated look, she spoke sincerely:

“No, Jesse. You are not a nobody. Besides, you have something that jerk wouldn’t ever have…” Jesse creased his browns in confusion as he tilted his head to his side. Meanwhile, Sunny smiled genuinely and tapped his heart as she uttered gently:

“This. You have a heart, Jesse. And a lot of character. Most part of guys like TaecYeon… they only have the beauty, the money, the fame and nothing more… but the most important, they don’t have… you should valuate this virtue. And I am sure… that Fany will agree with me, just give her some time. I know that she will realize it when the time comes. Just think about it, okay?”

Minutes later pondering over his dear friend’s advice, Jesse finally felt lighter to see that he had friends to share this secret and to help him achieve his dreams. However, the blonde couple started to chat again, but the most part of the time, Sunny was making some antics to make her friend ease and laugh again.

-x-

Meanwhile, at the other side of the street, the blonde pair wouldn’t ever imagine that their boss would be at the fancy restaurant with her so called boyfriend and practically, in front of the coffee shop. Tiffany was supporting her chin in her hand as she absentmindedly watched the street while listening to Taecyeon’s excuses about his absence. The last half hour, there she was, annoyed of hearing the same answers, followed by the same words like:

“I promise I won’t do it again” or “I was busy that’s why I couldn’t call you” and etc…

However, Tiffany couldn’t deny that TaecYeon’s excuses weren’t worrying her at all. Right now, the only thing she could think of was her assistant… she shouldn’t be concerned about Jesse since the latter assured her that everything was fine, but… why was she feeling so bad with herself? She couldn’t explain, but she had the feeling that Jesse was sad, and it got worse when TaecYeon started to act like a stupid showoff in front of him. Jesse is such a nice person, of course he wouldn’t mind, besides TaecYeon was her supposed boyfriend… right?

Still, she couldn’t forget Jesse’s innocent and lost stare when she left the office. Tiffany couldn’t explain, but something inside his stare was trying to make her stay, it was like her heart ached at the sight. Yet, what could she do? Why was she much worried about her assistant… than her own boyfriend? Of course, Jesse wasn’t a random person, to be honest, Tiffany felt more lighter and true happy to have the shy and odd assistant around her. It was something inexplicable; when Jesse was around… her heart would calm down right away; yet pound furiously only looking at his eyes… Yet what was this supposed to mean?

Just while a young boss was in her dilemma, her eyes caught a familiar sight before her. Narrowing her eyes to be assured, Tiffany’s expression became surprised when she saw no one other than her assistant and secretary chatting together. She knows that it’s wrong to spy on others without their consent, but she couldn’t help it… much more when she realized that Sunny was really affectionate towards her assistant.

Of course she knew that they were just good friends, but she couldn’t help but feel a slight pang of jealously throbbing in her being. Much more when she saw the duo sharing a tight hug before each one of them went to separate ways. Part of her was relieved, yet another part admitted in her mind:

“I wished that it was me…?! What am I thinking? But this isn’t wrong, right? We are FRIENDS! And friends hug each other… aish, I am not in my right mind now…”

Tiffany added in her inner thoughts as she massaged her temples, hoping to ease her tension. However, the scene of hug replayed in her mind and she couldn’t help but frown in concern… and not admit that she was jealous. While watching her blonde assistant disappear from her sight slowly, she sighed and took a mental note:

“I should ask Sunny about her relationship with Jesse… but why am I so worried about this! this isn’t my business… agrhh but a question won’t hurt…”

“Tiffany? Tiffany? … TIFANNY!?”

“YA! WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING!? I AM NOT DEAF YOU KNOW!?”

She barked back with a frown on her face, they even attracted the other costumers’ attention due to their outburst. However, Tiffany politely bowed her head and mumbled a sorry as TaecYeon sneakily tried to reach her hands, saying into ‘sorrowful’ tone:

“Babe… I am sorry… Are you going still be mad at me?”

The brown haired girl narrowed her eyes and jerked her hand from his grasp as she spoke between her teeth:

“Do you think that just ‘Babe, I am sorry’ will solve everything? Where were you when I needed you? Many times I tried to call, but you always disappear and then, you suddenly appear calling me babe and treating me to dates?! How can you be so careless?! Do you honestly care about me?!”

She was steaming in frustration and almost crying, she was tired of this painful routine… However, the only thing that TaecYeon did was sigh heavily as he explained:

“But, babe, I told you that I was busy with a photo shoot in Thailand! I was working for OUR company! If you don’t remember, this is the face that is responsible for what HK sells! Of course I was busy and you should understand!”

“Tsk, right… and be photographed with that model was just part of your job?!”

Tiffany barked back filling the anger raising up in her being. Nonetheless, when her boyfriend tried to reach her hand again, she hastily stood up and reached for her bag out of sudden, he grasped her hand, speaking ‘desperately’:

“Babe, you got it all wrong! Sh-She is just m-my co-worker! That’s all! I swear, you know that you are the only one, babe!”

Unable to listen any of his excuses, Tiffany scoffed already jerking her hand from him as she warned into a furious tone with her eyes getting moistened due to anger:

“I am tired of your excuses and be the only one to get hurt. I – I need to think… I don’t think things are working out between us… I – I have to go… bye…”

Taecyeon tried to stop her, but Tiffany was faster as she rushed out of the restaurant already wiping her face. Meanwhile, her so called boyfriend called her immediately:

“Tiff! Babe! Wait! Aishhh… she is stubborn… whatever… in the end she will end up crawling back to me again. I don’t need to be worried… tsk…”

He said already smiling cockily to himself and shrugging his shoulders in dismiss.

-x-

The time passed and the night finally came. Yet, instead of coming home with a wide smile on his face, the usual smile turned into a frown as Jesse remembered his early conversation with Sunny. However, he snapped from his thoughts when he noted that he already was inside his home. Trying to look normal, he couldn’t look uneasy and sad to his little sis when he knew that Krystal would be noisy until she gets the whole truth from him. Besides, this subject was sensitive for now, in less of 24 hours, he realized that he was in love with his boss and got heartbroken when he discovered that she was dating with a famous, rich, and stupid model… How could he compete with those attributes?

Nonetheless, Jesse tiredly dragged himself to his room, but stopped midway when he saw a note from his sis telling that she went study with her best friend and would come back later. Then, he went to his room and threw himself on his bed, trying to get some sleep only to make those thoughts disappear for awhile from his mind. Still, it was useless, even being an expert when it comes sleep, Jesse couldn’t close his eyes without seeing his boss’s face floating in his mind and heart.

Exhaling loudly in frustration, Jesse hurriedly stood up, grabbed his jogging clothes and muttered weakly to himself:

“Aghh… I need fresh air…”

-x-

The blond guy ended up running at the park; as if he was hoping that the running could help him forget or at least, ease and clear his mind. It always worked since he was kid, but this time was different… it doesn’t matter what he is doing to try to escape… Tiffany’s face or smile would always end up coming back to his mind. Roughly stopping his tracks, Jesse breathed heavily and placed his hands on his knees. Once he looked up, he was starting to think that he was getting crazy… because he could swear that he was seeing a very familiar silhouette seated all alone in the park’s bench.

Raising his brown in confusion, unconsciously, Jesse felt his heart racing. The funny thing was… that this only happens… when his boss is around… something was really odd here, he thought. Then, his heart swayed inside his chest when he heard some soft mumbles and sobs; creasing his eyebrows in concern, he approached the lonely lady seated on the bench close to the fountain.

When he was about to take the next step, he gasped and widened his eyes when the streetlamp could expose the woman’s features perfectly. With his mouth hanged open into a pleasant surprise, Jesse couldn’t help but call softly, yet loudly:

“Miss Tiffany?!”

The latter flinched at the familiar tone and also gasped when she saw a flushed, sweaty and muscular guy in front of her while looking at her worriedly. Unknowingly, Tiffany’s mouth dropped at the stunning sight before her as she merely choked, already blushing as well:

“J-Jesse?!”

 

TBC

 

REPLIES:

 

@narachan: I agree with you, JeTi are really cute ^^ about Fany's bf, you'll get the answer on the next chapter. Thanks for comment!

@eyelovegg: Hey, fellow. Yup, real life? lol dont worry, i guess your JeTi heart might suffer some change... but i dont understand, there is another fics for JeTi o.O could you explain me? Anyway, thanks for comment =)

@budhakz: Mines too hehe you are welcome, my friend. Yup, only one chapter and then, the epilogue. Thanks for passing by here and on ssf, take care!

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update, readers. I hope this long chapter made  you guys happy lol i'll update another one on the next week. Oh, if you dont mind, i would like to know your opinions and comments. Anyway, thank you all and God bless!