Kris

EXO x OC (One Shots)

 

Kris Wu

Title: In the Darkness

 

Cold. I whispered to myself as I walked down the alley towards nowhere. I wasn't sure where I was or what time and day I was in. I've been wandering around the city by myself and sadly no one ever bothered to find me.

 

Or at least that's what I think.

 

It's been days since I left the dorm. Don't start asking me why I left, but how I left. Basically I threw hysteria at everyone and walked out the door slamming it close. I was pissed off. Tao, being the good kid followed me and stopped me from walking away, but instead of listening to him I threw a punch at his face and cussed. The other boys came running and helped him up. I was about to say sorry but I kept my pride and walked away completely ignoring their cries and pleads.

 

So here I am walking alone at some dark alley with who knows what lies on the dark corner.

 

I turned right and I saw this cozy little coffee shop on the street. It has these little lanterns displayed outside the store. Looking through the glass wall, you could see the wooden tables and chairs neatly arranged. The ambiance was warm and it reminded me of summer. There also were these little Victorian lamps attached on the wall making the place look friendlier.

 

A small smile crept into my face. I never knew that a place like this could still exist even at the darkest place downtown. I just stood there admiring— and little did I noticed that snow started to fall. As soon as I did, I decided to take shelter inside the cafe.

 

"Welcome!" A timid voice greeted me. I looked up and saw a girl probably my age smiling as wide as she could to me.

 

"Uh. Hi." It was all that I could say.

 

"Welcome to Cafe xxxx!" She greeted once again and led me to a table fit for two. "What would you like to have, sir?"

 

"I'll have a Frappuccino, please." She smiled at me and walked away. Minutes later she came back and served my order on the table, she then added a platter of cookies.

 

"Anything else, sir?" She politely asked.

 

"I didn't order this." I said, pointing at the cookies.

 

"Just think of it as a gift from the cafe, sir. I figured that you might need a little sugar for today. And if you'd like someone to talk to, I'm also here sir."

 

"Ani. I'm okay and thanks." I smiled at her. She started to walk away, but it's as if my mouth had a mind of its own, I called her back. "On second thought. I'd love someone to talk to."

 

She beamed at me and sat at the vacant chair in front of me. "I'm always ready to listen."

 

I sipped on my coffee and had my head down. I didn't know how to open a conversation- being the silent person that I am; I didn't even have any idea on what to talk about. But as if she read that my mind had nothing in it, she started. "So what happened?"

 

"I.." I quickly stopped. Should I really open up my problems to this girl, let alone that she's a stranger?

 

"Go on~ I'm listening." She said.

 

"I had a fight with my boss over something and I ran away."

 

"Cheer up~" She pumped her fists and smiled at me. I was taken aback. Most people would ask what or why at reasons such as mine, but she did the exact opposite.

 

"Aren't you going to ask why?" I blinked.

 

She shook her head and showed again her smile. "Not really. It's not necessary anymore."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I know you'll eventually find a solution to your problem right now. You don't need to replay all those bad stuffs that happened to you." She wagged her fingers.

 

"But you said you're going to listen intently to me."

 

"I did and I still am." She smiled. For a moment there, I thought she was weird. I looked at her with a confused face and she equally stared back. "You are creeping me out."

 

"Why is that?" I asked her.

 

"If you haven't realized yet, you keep staring at me sir." She chuckled at my puzzled expression.

 

After realizing that I did, I looked away with my face slightly burning up. "Er. Sorry about that."

 

"No worries, sir." She again smiled.

 

An awkward silence followed after. We both just sat there, waiting for each other to speak up. But neither did. I sipped on my coffee one last time; savoring the taste and its aroma. The girl just chuckled at me and gave me a soft smile.

 

"Yah." I softly smiled at her. "Stop doing it."

 

"Stop doing what?" She asked.

 

"Smiling cutely at me." I coughed.

 

I could see her face turn bright red as she waved her hands in front of me. "I- I am not smiling c-cutely." She defended her self. But her stuttering voice clearly said it all.

 

"Whatever you say, uhm— Yoonjo-sshi." I said, looking at her nameplate. She then eyed me as if she was asking me what my name was. "I'm Kris by the way." I introduced and made a little salute.

 

She did a small bow and smiled, again. "Nice to meet you Kris-sshi. I think I need to go now, there are some customers coming."

 

She walked away and attended some new customers. She still had her smiling face on as she took their orders. I wondered how someone can be that positive with life. What inspires them to move forward and face their fears? While I, the coward one— runs away from all threats that appears in my life.

 

I raised my hand calling a waiter for attention. I was hoping it was her who's going to attend, but somebody else came. I asked for my bill and when the waiter came back he handed me my bill, but along with it there was a small note.

 

"If you're in the dark, and you can't see your way out of the darkness— don't give up! You still have your ears, your nose and your sense of feeling as an alternative. Life has many options, not just one. ^^

 

Kris-sshi, I know you'll be able to solve your problem one way or another. Hwaiting!"

 

I smiled. I took the note and slipped it inside my wallet, it was worth keeping. I took a deep breath before standing up, and slowly marched towards the door. I haven't been this inspired before. I was a fool to run from away my problem when I could've just find ways to solve it. My way of thinking was one-sided, and I decided that today marks a different chapter in my life. I will be stronger and face my fears with all my might.

 

I looked around, trying to find her and I instantly spotted her behind the counter waving at me. I smiled, a wide one this time and waved my hands. 'Thank you' I mouthed. Thank you, really. We'll meet again, Yoonjo.

 

Starting some small steps towards the door, I smiled to myself. I'm going back and make things right instead of hiding in my shadows. I'm going back to the dorm and lead EXO as a group.