KAI

EXO x OC (One Shots)

Kim Jongin

Can you smile?

 

It was a bright sunny day! Yes, it was. I was walking around the park and of course, since it was a sunny day a lot of people were strolling. Smiles were plastered on their faces while they walk hand in hand with their significant others.

 

Wait! Oh by the way this is Kim Jongin, call me Kai it's ier that way.

 

Back to the story, shall we? As much as I wanted to have someone to hold hands while walking around the park, I have none. Sad isn't it? Anyway, I continued walking and spotted the fountain from where I was standing. I reached for my pocket and searched for a coin or two to toss. Cute isn't it? That I still believe in luck at this age. 

 

I went near the fountain and before tossing in the coin, I closed my eyes and wished for.. I honestly don't know what to wish for, but still I tossed in my coin. I smiled to how stupid I can be and smacked my own head lightly. "Kim Jongin, you fool." I muttered.

 

I started to walk away and a girl probably the same age as mine passed by me. She had an angry face on, as if something bad happened to her. I turned to her direction and realized that she was marching towards the fountain, probably going to wish for something.

 

I proved to myself that I was right when she tossed in a few coins- anger evident in every toss. I tilted my head and pondered what her problem was. Not that I was trying to invade her personal life, but it's just human nature to be curious.

 

After wishing, she walked towards the nearest empty bench around the park. I followed her, curious to what she was so mad about and sat beside her. She was startled when I took my seat and looked at me with a confused face.

 

"Hi." I smiled at her.

 

"What do you want?" She grumpily said.

 

"Aren't you gonna say hello to me?" I chuckled.

 

"And I care why?"

 

"I'm Kim Jongin." I said, extending a hand to her. Instead of shaking it, she just shrugged and looked away. I drew back my hand, quite embarrassed since my friendly approach got rejected. "What's your name?" I asked and then added, "But you can call me Kai."

 

"Ai Lee." She said, finally. I was about to say something when she spoke again. "Ai, as in I don't care and Lee as in leave me alone."

 

"Okay, Ai Lee. Nice to meet you. You have the same name as Lee Ailee the singer." I said, trying to make the mood light. She shot me a glare and then scoffed.

 

"Oh my... aren't you stupid." She said and crossed her arms. She rolled her eyes and then focused her attention to the fountain. As she was busy with her thoughts, I studied her face and realized that she was a work of heaven. If she was to smile, I bet she'd look like an angel. Oh how I wish I'd be given a chance to see her smile.

 

"Miss." I called out, but she never moved a muscle. "Miss Beautiful sitting beside me!" I said out loud that caused me to earn a slap on the shoulder.

 

"Could you shut up?" She stood and walked away. Unconsciously, I followed her and chuckled. This girl, really. I don't know why I was following her, but I just felt like someone is pushing me to her from behind.

 

"Stop following me!" She finally stopped her pace and faced me. I froze-- because her face was just away inches from mine. I can feel her breathing on my face and sweat started to roll down my face.

 

"I just feel like you needed company, so here I am, willing to waste time with you." I said nervously, but I still managed to flash her a smile.

 

"Really?" She said, disbelieving.

 

"Yes. Really!" I smiled. "Whatever is bothering you right now, forget about it. It'll pass." I said.

 

"If you were to be stood up by some guy who promised to make you happy on your birthday, then you'd understand!" She practically screamed at my face. I kept a calm face and smiled.

 

"Happy birthday. I'd gladly take his place for today then." I took her hand and began dragging her to a hotdog stand. All the while she was shaking off my grasps but all her effort was put to waste. I was stronger; she had no chance but to give in.

 

"I'd like to have two hotdogs, please. One for me and for the pretty lady beside me who's having her red letter day today." I said to the ahjumma selling the hotdogs.

 

"Happy birthday!" The ahjumma greeted her. "Because it's your birthday, these hotdogs are free." She said and handed over the food. She just stared at the ahjumma and then back at me. Sensing that she was nowhere to saying thank you, I elbowed her lightly and whispered. "Say thank you."

 

She Jerked up and suddenly made a 180° bow, and well, she hit her head on the stall table. She shrieked out in pain and I helped her out.

 

"Are you hurt?!" The ahjumma and I said in unison. I helped her rub her head and took her to a nearby bench to sit on.

 

"Yah. Why did you do that? You could've just said thank you." I sighed and blew on her forehead. She didn't answer, but I was quite sure that her eyes were fixed on me.

 

"You're too close." She said.

 

I looked away and scratched my head. "Sorry."

 

"Nah, it's okay." Her voice calmed down and seconds later I heard her chuckling. "I'm sorry for being rude to you earlier."

 

I turned back to her and smiled. "Forgiven."

 

"Anyway," she stood up. "I gotta go."

 

"Like now?" I whined.

 

"No. No. Later." She forced a sarcasm to her voice.

 

"At least tell me your name." I said and tried to do aegyo on her.

 

"Still no." She nodded and started to walk away. Then again, I followed her like a sick puppy.

 

"How about your number?" I asked.

 

She shook her head.

 

"Will I ever see you again?"

 

She stopped walking and faced me. "I don't know. Maybe not."

 

I let out a sigh. "That's sad." I then took a step forward and pulled her two cheeks into a smile. "At least always wear this." She blinked and when I let go of her cheeks, the smile remained.

 

"I will, Kim Jongin or Kai or whatever the heck is your name." She smiled, even her eyes formed a smile. For a second there, I was mesmerized and I never wanted to let that smile fade away.

 

"That's unfair! You know my name!" I whined.

 

"Nothing is fair." She stuck out her tongue and walked away. I stayed behind with a sad look on my face, oh well at least I made her happy even if it means not seeing her again. I turned around and started to walk the other way when I heard her shout. "Jung Bomi! Don't forget that name, Kim Jongin!" She smiled at me and with that, she ran away.

Jung Bomi, I'll see you again.