Huang Zi Tao

EXO x OC (One Shots)

Huang Zi Tao

She walked towards the cafe with a smile on her face, just like every friday of every week. I silently followed and hid under the thick cloth of my winter jacket, while sliding both of my hands to my pocket for warmth.

It's been a year or two when I started following (or stalking, according to Kris Wu) this girl that I fancy the most. She isn't the type of girl who dresses up as if every day was a fashion show. Instead, she wears a simple shirt and a pair of jeans, paired with a converse sneaker that matches whatever the color of her shirt was. Simplicity screamed all over her and I find it cute and y at the same time.

I am not sure if she has noticed my stalking but I guess she hasn't. Well of course, if she had, she would've changed course and ceased to stop visiting the cafe- given that whenever she was there, a mysterious-looking, tall, creepy guy, with panda eyes is always following her from behind. It wouldn't be called coincidence if ever she noticed, it's already been years.

Or maybe she just doesn’t notice my existence in this world. Of course, I'm of no importance to her.

She entered the cafe, and I did too. She situated herself at her usual place near the glass window, while I placed myself wherever a vacant seat was, just as long as she is still in my view. A waiter came to her aid and handed over the coffee menu although the waiter already knew what she was going to order.

She beamed at him. "Caramel Macciato." Like always. I managed to smile to myself, she was just too cute.

I pretended to scan my phone when I saw her turn my way. When I looked up again, her green eyes were still fixed on me. I didn't know what happened to me, but I felt my cheeks burn. Never have I felt this before.

She timidly raised her hands and waved it. I looked around just to make sure that it was me who she was waving at, and found out that the waves was indeed for me. Just when I was to wave back, that glorious smile of hers flashed before my very eyes for the first time.

"Holy molly." I nervously muttered to myself when she suddenly stood from her seat and started walking my way.

"Hi." She extended her hands. "I'm Seolhyun and I was wondering if we could have some coffee together?"

I gently took her hands and tried to stop myself from stuttering. "O-oh. Of course." I took a deep breath.

"Cool." Her choice of words is somehow cute.

"I'm Tao. Huang Zi Tao." I started.

"Ah~ Chinese." She smiled.

"Uh. Yeah." I nodded.

"I'm part chinese by the way. My family name is Ho. But I haven't been to China ever." She lightly tapped her cheeks.

"You should visit China then." I said. "It's great there."

"Someday, I guess."

"So, do you always come around this place?" I asked although I already knew the answer, but I just wanted to know if she noticed me.

"Yes and I often see you around here too." She smiled. So, she noticed my existence this whole time? I am such a fool to have underestimated her.

The waiter came and served her order on the table and also served mine. She gently took her cup of Caramel Macciato and sipped on it. I was trying my hardest not to stare at her, but my feelings for her were overwhelming. I've spent my previous years stealing glances from her, and now that she's in front of me I can't even stare or else she might think I'm a creep or something.

I sighed and took my cup of black coffee.

"Do you like Black Coffee that much?" She asked and I blinked at her sudden question. "..N-not that I know that you always order black coffee or something." She face-palmed herself.

"Same goes to you too. What's with the Caramel Macciato that you order it always?" I said out of a sudden. Then an awkward silence followed.

"How did you..?" She asked, with her fingers fidgeting.

Another awkward pause followed.

I sipped on my coffee, not knowing what to do or say. I tried avoiding her eyes but it was too hard, harder than a math problem even. A sigh escaped from my mouth and when I looked up, our eyes locked.

So she was staring at me.

As I looked deeper into her eyes, I could feel all my emotions and memories running through my veins and nerves. It's like fireworks burned inside of me making me all uneasy inside. All my memories of her; from the first time I saw her in this cafe, how her lips curve up for a smile whenever she takes a sip of her Caramel Macciato, how she once went inside the cafe soaking wet because of the rain (and how oh how I wished I could just cover her up with my jacket, but some guy came over and helped her) and how she just looks out the window and smile at the people that passes by.

I asked myself, should I really just stay and admire her from afar? Or should I take a step forward and tell her what I've always wanted to say? I guess I am just afraid that she might run away if I do.

Here goes everything.

I stood from my seat and leaned towards her; both my hands were propped against the table for support. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing, but I closed my eyes as I pressed my lips on her cherry lips.

I wasn't hoping for her to kiss back, I just expected her to push me away and slap me for my rude actions. Instead, she kissed back.

Taken aback, my eyes jerked open and I felt my body stiffen. I couldn't believe it at first, but as soon as I felt her pressed her lips deeper unto mine- I knew it was reality. Seconds later, we broke off the kiss and just continued staring as if we haven't seen each other for the longest time.

"I-I'm sorry." I started as I slowly sat back on my seat.

"No, I-" she looked away.

I sighed. "To be honest, I've been… Following you and admiring you from afar for a year now." I confessed, well at least my inner self is relieved now.

"I have been too. The reason why I keep coming back to this cafe is because of you." She turned my way, and again looked at me in the eyes.

A smile crept into my face. "If you'd give me a chance, will you accept me?"

"Only, if you order me a caramel macciato every day." She smiled. "...and let me call you Panda." I chuckled, so she also sees me as a panda.

"Sure." I smiled back. "I just realized I just wasted almost two years for this."

"We can start again." She extended her hands to me. "Hi, I am Seolhyun and I sorta find you cute, Mr. Panda."

"Huang Zi Tao and you're pretty, Miss Caramel Macciato." I took her hands and kissed it.

Fin