sacrifice

300 days drabble challenge

 

sacrifice

 

“Why are you being like this?” Junhong told him looking straight to his eyes.

“I… I don’t have any other choice, Junhong. I’m sorry. I really am.” Yongguk said, with shaky hands. Junhong smirked.

“Are you sure?” he took two steps forward Yongguk, but the other one stepped backwards. “So you’re telling me that you don’t want to marry her… but you’re doing it. Am I right?”

Yongguk nodded. “Yes, you are. Please, please don’t hate me. Please.”

“Why?” both of them stayed shut. Silence was the only thing that could be heard, and Junhong cleared his throat trying to retain the tears. “Why are you marrying her, if you love?”

Again, Yongguk didn’t say anything. He stayed still, lowering his gaze.

“You don’t love me, do you?” Yongguk looked at him.

“Of course I love you. Of course I do, Junhong, don’t you doubt about it.”

“Then why? Why? Please, Yongguk, tell me. Did I do something wrong? I’m not good enough, am I?”

“Junhong…”

“It’s because I didn’t want to have , isn’t it? Tell me. Please. I’d do whatever you want, but don’t marry her” Yongguk chuckled, taking him by his shoulders.

“It’s not about that, Junhong. I’m not going out with you because I want to you. I love you, can you understand that? I love you, I really do.”

“THEN TELL ME WHY!” Junhong yelled at his face, tears falling from his eyes. “TELL ME WHY YOU’RE MARRYING HER IF YOU LOVE ME SO MUCH!”

“Because I heard your parents talking about you and I having a relationship, and that they wanted me to stay away from you. And the only choice I have is marrying your sister, so I’d be able to see you everyday. Don’t you see what I’m doing for you? Just for you”

“You’re sacrificing all your life because… of me” Junhong said, and Yongguk nodded.

Then Junhong hugged Yongguk, and started crying in his boyfriend’s chest.