first impression

300 days drabble challenge

 

first impression

 

I looked down when something crashed my foot. My classmates stood talking in the hallway, but I was looking at the object that was next to me. A skateboard. I picked it up and looked at it. It was colorful and the sandpaper that was covering the top was very worn.

“Excuse me? That’s mine” somebody said behind me, and I turned around. “I’m sorry, did I hurt you? It’s my first day skateboarding…” he told me.

He was taller than me, but his baby face revealed his true old. Fifteen years, maybe sixteen. His hair was curled and blonde, and he was blushing at my silence.

“No” I managed to say. “It’s okay, I didn’t get hurt. It was your Christmas gift?” I asked, and he nodded, his smile widening.

“Yes, my parents got me this one after years of begging. My cousin stopped skateboarding a couple of years ago and they bought it from him for me.” I looked patiently at him, and he blushed even more.

I don’t know if it was because he was surrounded by people older than him, but he didn’t stop looking directly at my eyes. Did I have something in my face…?

“You scary me, but I need my skateboard back.  Would you please give it back to me?” he said, and I looked at him surprised.

“S-sure… here you are” I said giving it to him. He tilted his head a bit and pouted thoughtful.

“To be Bang Yongguk, the most popular boy from the scariest gang in the school, you’re pretty easy” he smiled and waved at me. “See you, Yongguk”

And I couldn’t help but stay there looking at him walking away with a smile on my face.