When Paths Collide (Lee Seunghyun's POV)

It Started With A Rose

Lee Seunghyun’s POV

"Goodbye. Lee Chaerin." was the last thing I murmured to her before I ran away. The fact that she doesn’t like me that she didn’t like me and that she will never like me finally crossed my mind at that moment. There was no room for me in her heart that much was now clear to me.

All of those years I spent trying to make her smile, trying to make her happy again, that jerk could just do with his mere presence. Now that he’s returned I guess she no longer has a reason to be sad.

At least she’ll be happy now. If she’s happy then I’m happy. I said to myself while wiping away the tears from the corners of my eyes.

When I got home I immediately fell straight towards the bed. You could hear the sound of a loud thump, but the only pain I felt at that moment was inside my heart.

I tried to erase all of the events that had happened today from my mind:  meeting that bastard, saying goodbye to Lee Chaerin for the last time. But it was all I could think about.

What were they doing? I wondered. They’re not… they’re not kissing and hugging right now right? I furiously shouted while jumping up from my bed.

I tried to fall asleep but it was to no avail. There were just too many thoughts in my head.

Since there was no school tomorrow at least I didn’t have to see the both of them I sighed in relief. But what am I going to do once school starts? We’re all going to be in the same room for the rest of the semester. Ah, oh well I don’t want to think about that right now I exclaimed to myself.

I was planning on lying in bed all today tomorrow but I got a text from Gong Minzy, a classmate asking if I wanted to go with her to the movies tomorrow. I figured it would help take my mind off things so I non-reluctantly said yes.

It’s not like it was a date or anything, we were just going to watch a movie At least I won’t have to see her tomorrow I thought to myself. I shut my eyes and fell into a slumber.

When the morning came I accidentally overslept so I texted to Minzy to wait for me outside the movie theater telling her that I’d meet her there. I frantically made my way to the destination on bike after getting throwing on a hoodie, some jeans, and a pair of sneakers. Hopefully she wasn’t waiting for too long I thought to myself.

When I got there she was standing by a rather large tree near the entrance of the building. I waved hello and apologized to her for being so late.

“Sorry. I accidentally overslept.”

“How long have you been waiting? Has the movie started yet?”  I asked.

“I think it’s almost over.” she replied nonchalantly, like it didn’t bother her in the slightest that I was late.

I inadvertently grabbed her hand and pulled her inside, entering the building.

“Hurry we’re going to miss the movie!” I yelled behind me to Minzy while frantically running towards the entrance of the room in which the movie was being played.

What was ahead of me however, was something or rather someone that I did not expect to see. The two people that I did not want to see the most today just happened to be the two people that I would run into.

The sight of Lee Chaerin and that bastard Choi Seunghyun holding hands made my heart sink into oblivion. As if yesterday did not hurt enough today felt a million times more painful.

At that moment it felt like time had stopped. There was an awkward atmosphere that just seemed to linger between the four of us, including Minzy who was probably oblivious towards the whole situation. I didn’t know how to react, what to say or if I should have even said anything at all. Do I ignore them and act like I didn’t know who they were or do I pretend that everything was okay and sweep away all of the events of yesterday?

“Annyeong Lee Chaerin, hyung” I shouted and waved while gritting my teeth I could see the confused look on their faces, as if they were expecting a different reaction.

“What are you guys doing here? Watching a movie?” I exclaimed.

I could see Lee Chaerin slowly pulling away her hand from the grips of Choi Seunghyun as if she didn’t want me to see the two of them interlocked.

Choi Seunghyun spoke up first. “Oh… you’re here too. And who’s that with you?”

“Oh! This is Minzy from our class. You probably don’t know her but Lee Chaerin does.” I replied back while stealing a glance at Lee Chaerin.

Minzy awkwardly waved at the pair and proceeded to look back down at the ground.

“We’re on a date, the movie just finished. What are you two doing here?” he snickered.

Lee Chaerin seemed to be on mute, it didn’t look like she was going to say anything to me. I sort of figured with what happened yesterday and all, I’m the last person she wanted to see or talk to right now.

A date? I sneered inside. They were on date!? I didn’t even know it was possible but my heart sunk a little deeper.

“What the movie already ended? Damn it I got here too late.” I snickered back.

“Sorry Minzy. It looks like we can’t watch the movie anymore.” I turned to her while frowning.

“So where are you guys off to?” I asked impatiently. Lee Chaerin was staring at the ground with both hands positioned behind her back, still silent and avoiding eye contact.

“We’re probably just going to walk around the park for a little bit” he sneered back.

(At first I thought avoiding Lee Chaerin would be the right answer. That not seeing her again and letting her go to that bastard was the right thing to do. But seeing her with him at that moment only made me more furious. I didn’t care if she didn’t like me, I liked her and I was not going to give up just yet.)

“Cool then you won’t mind if we tag along then.” I jeered back.

“Let’s all go on a double date. Uri.”

“We’re on a date too, Minzy and I.” I exclaimed while tightening the grip of my hand, which for some reason was still locked onto hers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating sooner, busy weekend :(. Hope you guys enjoy! Don't forget to vote, subscribe, and comment. ♥