Chapter 8

On the Wrong Block

Hello! So, I should apologize that I started writing a new story... I'm not sure why I did that, but I will promise to stay loyal to this story! I will write it to the best of my ability along with my other one! Also, if you love me and/or U-Kiss, you should check my other story out too ;D

 

 I sighed as I looked out the window. It was raining. Now, I love nature and all, but the rain doesn't make me the happiest. It's cold, my clothes get wet, and my hair gets curly. I tried to shake my irritation away by helping Taeil with breakfast for once. 

"Yeseul, you look gloomy like the rain." Taeil said to me. 

"Just a bit. I prefer the beautiful, yellow sun over gray saddening rain." I mumbled. He was scrambling eggs for a soon-to-be-back U-Kwon. I finished making my breakfast and sat next to Jaehyo. 

"Come on, I'm sure the rain will go away eventually." Jaehyo tried to cheer me up. I felt bad for being in such a bad mood, but the rain did this to me pretty often.

"I know..." I sighed and took a bite of some bread. 

"I'm back!" U-Kwon yelled as he entered the room. Taeil handed him a plate and he sat next to me. He stared at me with a confused expression. 

"Where's the everyday Ye?" he asked. I took my head back. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You're always cheery in the morning. Something's wrong." 

"It's the rain." Jaehyo said. 

"The rain's making you sad?" U-Kwon took a bite of his eggs. 

"I guess... I don't know, I just feel gloomy today." I answered him. 

"Then fine... I guess I'll have to make you smile." U-Kwon sighed. 

"Don't tickle me." I said before he could. 

"No, I don't do that." he said. 

"Then what are you going to do?" I asked. He lightly pinched both of my cheeks and smiled brightly. 

"My mom said that if I want someone else to smile, I'd have to do it for them. So until you smile, I won't let you go and I will continue to give my sunshine smile! Wake up, Ye!" he squished my face. I heard Jaehyo laugh behind me. I was blushing intensly because U-Kwon's smiling face was just adorable. His smile was contagious and he passed his happiness to me. I cracked a smile and he let go. 

"There we go!" he cheered. I sighed in defeat but kept my happiness. 

"Ye, look, I made our picture my screensaver!" U-Kwon pulled out his phone and put it in front of my face. It was true. The picture we took last night was his lock screen and his home screen. 

"Wow, why oppa?" I asked. He turned away with a sly grin on his face. 

"You'll find out soon~." he said and walked away to the shower. I shrugged and continued my breakfast.

 

 

I saw U-kwon stare at the board blankly during astronomy. I understood it fairly well, but U-Kwon seemed hopelessly confused. The teacher gave the class some work to do and U-Kwon didn't take a look at it and shoved it in his binder. 

"Oppa, you should try it..." 

"No, I don't get it." he protested. I sighed and started working on my own paper. I finished one problem and looked over at U-Kwon again. 

"You see... it's the ioniosphere that makes the tear shape." I showed him my work. He looked over with his eyes. 

"Which is what differs planets and comets. The surrounding air waves and the way they travel makes the whole difference." I tried to explain. 

"That's it?" he asked. 

"Um, yeah..." 

"Really?" he turned his head completely. I nodded. 

"Well, the teacher could say that too! He was blabbing about all the confusing stuff." he said. I shrugged.

"I just enjoy astronomy. It clicks in my brain." 

"Thanks Ye! Now, can you help me with the second problem?" he asked. I nodded and took a look. 

                 After completing the worksheet, U-Kwon was back to his cheery self. 

"Ye! I understand now!" 

"I'm glad you do!" I slapped his high-five, but he held on to my hand. I could feel some female eyes stabbing me, but I could also feel U-Kwon's warmth. I was confused about what was happening. 

"Ye, thanks for helping me." he let go and softly smiled. He turned his head away and looked away from me. I looked at my paper to hide my blushing face. Was that a sign? Did that mean something? I swear, I needed to figure things out with some female friends. 

 

   "Jaehyo, shut up with that question." Yunhee rolled her eyes. 

"No, I want to know. What would be your hooker name?" Jaehyo asked with a grin. 

"Well, hyung's would be B-Bomb." Yunhee said. 

"When was this established?!" Minhyuk yelled with a red face. 

"You once said that when a dance teacher asked what your dancer name would be and you apparently said B-Bomb." Yunhee said. I laughed a little and saw Minhyuk let a deep breath out. 

"What about you then, Jiho? What's your hooker name?" Jaehyo asked. 

"It'd be Zico. I don't know why, I just like that name." he said. We all nodded in content. All of a sudden, Lucy got up and gathered her things. 

"Hm? Lucy, where are you going?" I asked. 

"No where." she answered angrily and almost stomped out of the room. 

"What's wrong?" U-Kwon asked. Yunhee stood up to follow her, but Kyung got up at the same time. 

"Are you sure you want to go see her?" Yunhee raised her eyebrows. He nodded and walked out. 

"Did the question make her uncomfortable?" Jaehyo said. 

"I know she's innocent, but would that make her mad? Lucy never gets upset." Taeil said. We all sighed in confusion and continued to eat our lunch. 

 

Lucy and Kyung in the music room...

 Lucy sighed angrily and slammed her fingers on the piano. She didn't know what to think. She always escaped to this room when these thoughts came to her mind, but she didn't know if she wanted to sing, or play, or do anything. She honestly just wanted to get the bad memories out of her brain. She was close to screaming, but remembered she was in school. 

"I hate you." she said in English. She pressed a key on the piano. 

"I hope you're alone on that dumb crack you're on." she pressed more keys and just played her hatred. All the hatred she felt toward her birth mother. 

"Hey..." she heard Kyung at the door. 

"Oppa, I'm sorry, right now's not the right time." she said and wiped a tear off her face. 

"I can't leave after seeing my best friend so sad. What's wrong?" he said. She shook her head. 

"What made you suddenly leave us?" 

"You wouldn't understand." Lucy shook her head. 

"I can always try, snowflake." Kyung said. He gave her that nickname after he met her for the first time. He thought she was as pale as snow, and thought she was a sparkly snowflake. 

"Please stop." Lucy cried. Kyung sat next to her and put his arm around her. 

"Tell me what's wrong. I'll stay here forever if I have to." 

"It's hard, Kyungie. It's complicated, and I don't know how to tell you!" 

"Then do the best you can. I'll listen." Kyung said. 

"My umma..."

"Mhmm?" 

"She... she left me." 

"What?" Kyung looked at her. 

"No, I phrased that wrong. She sold me." 

"Wait, what are you saying?" 

"My umma... this is so shameful. I'm an unwanted daughter of a e." Lucy choked. She hated herself for this. It was the most embarrassing thing that she could ever admit to anyone, and she didn't really enjoy telling Kyung either. 

"Your umma's a what?" Kyung asked. He didn't know how to respond. This adorable, smart, perfect girl was a daughter of a hooker?

"You heard right. A e. She never wanted me. When I was three, she sold me to an adoption center for five-hundred-dollars just for her precious drugs she was on." 

"I'm so sorry Lucy." Kyung said, lightening his grasp on her. He really didn't know what to say after that. 

"And I waited for her everyday. I never made any friends. The foster parents I went through had kids just like me, and I was still unwanted."

"No you're not." Kyung said, looking at her. She was crying her eyes out with the black hole of memories in her mind. 

"Yes I am! Look at me! I'm a girl who only studies and can't do anything else. I don't even know how I'm in this school." 

"Lucy, that's not true. You're here on scholarship for a reason." 

"Yeah, because of the high GPA I showed them." 

"No, you're a singer." 

"A what?" Lucy finally turned her face to a solemn Kyung. He gave her a warm smile.

"You're here to sing. And you're not unwanted." 

"What are you trying to say?" Lucy asked. 

"I want you as my best friend so I'm gonna keep you." 

"What did you say?" 

"You heard me. You're my bestie, and I want you to be. You're priceless to me." 

"I'm what?" Lucy's tears were drying and she was listening to Kyung. She wanted to make sure she heard him correctly.

"If I had you, I'd keep you forever and never let you go. You're worth more than all the money, gold, diamonds and all the oceans combined. You're Lucy." Kyung smiled to her. Lucy realized she had stopped breathing, but at the same time, her body was loosening. Her tears were welling up again. 

"Do you want to go back to the dorm?" Kyung asked. Lucy shook her head and wiped her tears off. 

"Are you sure?" Kyung thought she should take a break of studying and think for herself. She nodded and smiled weakly. 

"I'll be okay."

"Come on, snow. At least play a song to let it out. I know you need to." Kyung said, turning to the piano. 

"You know me too well." Lucy sighed. She let a breath out and turned her body to the piano. She didn't know why, but she froze her body. 

"Really? I've heard you sing a bunch of times, no need to stop today." Kyung nudged her shoulder. Lucy set her fingers down, but they wouldn't budge. 

"You'll be alright." Kyung placed his arm on her again. She nodded and began her song. 

"Something always brings me back to you

It never takes too longNo matter what I say or doI still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone
You hold me without touchYou keep me without chainsI never wanted anything so muchThan to drown in your love and not feel your rain
Set me free, leave me beI don't wanna fall another moment into your gravityHere I am and I stand so tall

I'm just the way I'm supposed to be

But you're on to me and all over me"

 Lucy stopped playing there. That was enough for her and she felt relieved now. 

"Kyungie, I just need-,"

"I won't tell anyone. You can always trust me." Kyung already knew how to answer her. She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. Kyung looked up with his eyes and tried to stop his grin. 

"I love you oppa. Thank you." Lucy said. She didn't know why she said that, but she hoped it got across to him. She wanted to hope that he knew she meant it as a friend, but her hope of him thinking differently won over her mind. She closed her eyes and just hoped. She wasn't lying. She loved Kyung. 

  Back to Yeseul~~

   "Alright, finals in a few weeks!" Mr. Lee announced. I was expecting everybody to groan, but the class cheered and gathered in groups. I didn't know what to do, so I waited for furhter instructions. 

"You guys know the drill. No more than a group of five, something you would make an audition, and original choreography. Three weeks is enough time, right?" Mr. Lee asked. The class cheered again. 

"Ye!" U-Kwon jumped to me. 

"Yeah?" 

"What will you do? Will you dance in group? Trio?" I heard him mumble something at the end.

"Hm? What did you say?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing!" he lied. I decided to not ask anymore. 

"I think I'm doing a solo. I'd like to group with someone, but I don't know... I feel a strange vibe of something telling me to do a solo." I admitted. U-Kwon laughed. 

"Okay, okay. I think I'll partner with hyung like always. Look forward to it!" he said to me. I nodded he jumped off somewhere else. I looked at the mirror and tried to think of ideas for the routine. 

"What song will you do it to?" Minhyuk came up to me. 

"I'm thinking... something dramatic. Something that's not really expected." I said to him. 

"Cool. Hey, I just want to tell you-,"

"Ye! Can you teach me that spinny thing? I want to learn how to do it!" U-Kwon yelled from across the room. I didn't know who to pay attention to. 

"You... you should go teach him." Minhyuk huffed and walked away. I felt a slight pain. Did he not want to talk to me anymore? I just walked over to U-Kwon and tried to teach him pirouettes. 

 

Class ended and it was still raining. I went to go grab my bright, yellow umbrella, but it wasn't where I left it. I sighed and looked around the class room for it, and it was in the last place I would think of. It was in the dumpster, torn and broken. I hung my head, and put my hoodie on. I was prepared to be soaked on my way back to the dorm. I slugged out of the classroom and walked down the hall way. 

"Ye! Ye, wait!" someone called for me from behind. I spun around and U-Kwon was jogging behind me. I stopped my steps. 

"I, uh, I don't have an umbrella, but let's go back together." he suggested. 

"Oh, mine broke. Or my umbrella was slaughtered by someone." I joked. He laughed and stood by me. 

"Let's go!" he randomly entwined his hand in mine and walked out the building with me. I could see from the corner of my eye that he was helplessly grinning and blushing at the same time, and if I had a mirror, I would've known that I was doing the same. 

"I guess the rain isn't that bad~." I hummed happily. And as if someone heard my words, the sky decided to send a downpour of rain. 

"Your guess seems to be wrong. Let's go under the bus stop for a while." U-Kwon said and pulled me over. 

"We should've stayed inside." I chuckled. U-Kwon laughed and faced me. 

"You're so pretty with your hair wavy~." he said and pulled my hood over. I was immensly blushing, and he set his palm on my cheek. He grinned and leaned closer to me. 

"I can't wait anymore, Ye." he whispered and placed his lips on mine. Yeah, you read correctly. U-Kwon's lips were on mine. Oh holy world, Kim U-Kwon had just given me my first kiss. 

Meanwhile...

Minhyuk stood in front of the school with his umbrella down. He just watched U-Kwon and Yeseul kiss. 

"I was too late." he thought.

 

 YES! I finally got to something exciting! Whoo, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! And like I said, I'll be loyal to this story as much as I will be loyal to Block B as they go through their lawsuit issues. And thank you to the new subscriber! :D