07: Insane yet Relaxed

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It felt strange, for sure.

Youngjae got so used to going everywhere with someone; it did not matter if it was his group, managers or his mother. There just always was someone with him. But as he was getting off the plane after successfully landing in the States, there was a pair of invisible hands gripping his throat tightly, just barely allowing him to breathe freely.

He was alone.

Despite feeling too small in the crowd, he knew that it was purely his responsibility to find out what really was happening. It did not matter whether he’d like it or not - which he probably would not; it did not matter how it was going to end. What mattered was his determination to end it.

About an hour later when he finally managed to get himself on the island, those hands gripping his throat somehow disappeared.It was like there was some actual oxygen in the air there that finally made Youngjae able to breathe. Nevertheless, he felt his insides squirm within his body uncomfortably as he set off towards the heart of the island looking for possible answers in the process.

Yet no matter how carefully he looked, he only knew he was getting deeper inside the forest and nothing that could help him crossed his sight; just hundreds of dolls or their body parts hung all around. Scary aura crept around every of those toys; those who still had at least one eye watched the boy passing them by.

And Youngjae felt the stares on him.

Nonetheless, he went on because if he turned around then everything would still continue. However it did not take long and soon the boy found himself being tired and completely lost as there were absolutely no roads in the forest, nor any signs. Chuckling at his own misfortune, Youngjae couldn’t deny that he understood why the island was deserted for decades.

Giving himself a break, he let his body slide down to the ground and let his back rest against one of the trees. It was still quite funny when he recalled how it had all started so innocently. And there he was; lost, alone and trying to find something that wasn’t even likely to exist. Little by little, Youngjae started to understand what it feels like when one starts to go insane.

Everything that doesn’t make sense to anyone else makes perfect sense to you.  

It was really quite funny.

Seeing that it was gradually getting dark as he sat there, Youngjae got back to his feet and started walking again. He kept telling himself that if he went still straight ahead, he wouldn’t get any more lost. And so he went, right straight ahead. And really, after about half an hour later he found himself back at the shore.

Salty breeze hit his face and he was glad he could breathe freely again, being away from all those dead stares. On the other hand, he had found nothing and he quite did not want to go back with nothing. Shortly, there was really nothing he could do except for waiting for another day to come. Which meant staying overnight. Alone, with all those toys.

Just the thought of it caused those two invisible hands come back and grip the boy’s throat cutting him off his oxygen supply. Sighing, he watched the sea turning into sparkling white foam every time the water hit the ground and listened. It was relaxing, the sound of the sea.

However there was something that did not quite fit the scenery. Right ahead of Youngjae, there was something in the water being washed over by the waves over and over. Yet it wasn’t any kind of rock or something, that was for sure. Not hesitating for a second, the boy went towards the water to see what was that something…

But being only few feet away from it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter