04: Tired yet Lucky

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Comeback was approaching. It felt like almost every hour someone called saying that they wanted to do an interview with the group even when the song wasn't even released yet. There was this happy tension ruling in B.A.P's dorm - the one that made them excited for the comeback with every second passing by. As their schedules got still tighter, becoming even more drained out of energy and getting still less sleep, the dorm was rather quiet.

Especially Youngjae's and Daehyun's shared room was like the two died there whenever they got in. But the others were too tired to care. Even their individual schedules got packed as the comeback approached. It drained all of them. However, Youngjae looked even worse. From what the members witnessed every day, he didn’t sleep, eat nor drink. Yongguk, being the leader, wanted to talk to the boy and finally get something out of him, but Youngjae would always turn him down saying that he’s just suffering from insomnia.

It was going on like that for few days after they came back to Korea. Youngjae always stayed up till the dawn broke, even though there was nothing that could keep him away from sleeping. Except for his own mind. Whenever he was drifting away to wonderland, it was as if he couldn’t get his feet torn from reality, when the sleep was taking him. Whenever he wanted to sleep, he just wouldn’t. There was still this one rope that kept him awake, even if half-awake. He was still conscious.

The song was going to be released next day and as well as ever other night, the members came back to their dorm tonight, completely dead, barely keeping their eyes open. With mere wishing of good night, they disappeared to their respective rooms, even ditching the shower.

And just like every other night, Daehyun fell on his bed hiding his exhausted self under the blanket immediately, falling asleep within few seconds. Youngjae on the other hand proceeded to switch his laptop on. While he waited, his thoughts drifted back to that night they spent in the hotel in the States.

[Flashback]

“What?!” Daehyun stared at the younger in disbelief. His brain was still kind of processing that Youngjae more or less has just told him that a little ghost girl was holding onto his leg. It was quite unbelievable at first, however Youngjae’s horrified face made the elder believe that it was nothing but a pure truth.

When Daehyun snapped out of his surprised trans and let his eyes slide down to look at his leg, surprisingly, nothing was there. He then looked up back to his younger friend, blinking confusedly.

“Still there?” he asked, in low, barely hearable voice.

Youngjae just shook his head, much to their relief. The tense seemed to loosen down a bit, but both of them felt more than uneasy. Minutes carried on without words. The only thing they said to each other before going to bed was ‘good night’.

The thing was that neither of them could fall asleep. Anxiety was all but oozing from both of them and their rather tired bodies were screaming just to let it go and let the muscles relax. It wasn’t anything easy when they had to shut their brains down first. Which, as it appeared, wasn’t quite the easiest thing to do.

[Flashback - End]

There was one thing Youngjae feared though. As he rummaged through his memories ever since this chaos started, he noticed that Daehyun never was able to see the doll-like broken girl himself. He just believed Youngjae in everything he’d said. And that was the thing that scared Youngjae to no end. That he’ll be left alone in this. That if they won’t be able to find solution, Daehyun would think he just made it all up to get attention. He was scared that Daehyun will stop believing him.

The night went on quietly. Occasionally, fingers hitting the keys on the keyboard would be heard as Youngaje still hasn’t given up the hope he’ll find something.

The night went on quietly and calmly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter