10: Disappointed yet Satisfied

Reason
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So this is it, huh?"

Five pairs of eyes settled on him as he sighed those little words out. He shoot each of the present an apologetic look before shuffling his feet towards his room. The boys left alone exchanged confused glances and that was when Daehyun decided to go and console his closest friend. He had been acting strange for the whole previous week; apparently, something had gone wrong or there still was something Daehyun didn't know about.

Carefully, he opened the door to their shared room and peeked inside, Youngjae was sitting on the edge of his bed, arms folded, eyes burning a hole into the floor. Daehyun sighed inwardly before walking in, closing the door with a soft click behind him. He then proceeded to sit opposite of the other, who, not even slighty, moved despite knowing there was someone else in the room with him.

"Hey..." Daehyun spoke quietly, waiting for an answer. When there was none, he pressed on. "What's wrong?" he asked, seriously sounding concerned by then.

"Nothing." Youngjae replied, voice somewhat lower than usual.

Daehyun pouted. "It's not nothing. You're always the first one to go and celebrate when our promotions end and now all you say is 'this is it'?" he said as gently as he could, before continuing, "Don't think you can shoo me away with just 'nothing' as an answer. I know you and there is something wrong."

He watched as Youngjae lifted his head to finally meet his eyes. There was nothing there; Daehyun may have expected the younger to be crying or something, but the boy's face completely okay. 

"What is it?" he asked again.

Youngjae just sighed as he struggled to let out the words. "I want to help her, you know?" he murmured then, refusing to look at Daehyun again.

"Yeah, I know." the elder nodded.

"I wanted to delay it to the end of our promotions, remember?" when Daehyun nodded again, Youngjae continued, "And so far, I don't have the slightest idea what to do. I got used to her being around, she's even smiling at me at times. I just don't want her to wander around here when she can have peace somewhere better."

"We'll think of something, I'm sure." Daehyun sighed, patting the younger on his shoulder.

"I was just thinking..." Youngjae paused then, carefully choosing his following words. "Shouldn't I just tell the rest?"

"You should know if you want to tell them, shouldn't you?"

"I wouldn't ask you if I knew what to do." 

Daehyun clicked his tongue in defeat. "If that's the case then I think you should tell them."

"Oh..."

After what had seemed like forever of silence that lingered in the room, Jongup was the one to break it first. The maknae nor Himchan did bat an eyelash as they sat, completely stunned, too preoccupied with processing the story they had just been told.

"And you..." Jongup continued after a while, motioning over to Daehyun and Yongguk, "...you knew?"

Receiving only nods from the two and an apologetic look from Youngjae, the second youngest bit his lip quite hard as he leaned back to the sofa. He wouldn't admit it out loud, however he has a little hurt inside.

"Let's just leave the reason why you didn't tell us as well aside for now, okay?" Himchan spoke. "I guess the number one question is what we're going to do." he added, in an unpleasantly distant tone - as if being hurt. Hurt and quite angry as well.

"Chan-ah." Yongguk growled in threateningly low voice, which was just enough to make Himchan press his lips into a thin line and keep it that way.

"He's right, hyung." Youngjae interfered. "And to answer your question," he spoke as he turned to Himchan again, "I don't have the slightest idea what to do."

"What bright prospects." Himchan murmured to himself, not loud enough for anyone to hear.

"I would try again, I guess," Zelo started, stiffening a bit when he got the rather unwanted attention of the remaining five people. "I mean, what else is there?"

There was no response until Daehyun decided to speak from his spot. "I think he's right,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter