In the Eyes of a Guardian

Royal Treatment


Suho’s POV

 

An hour more, and one of the biggest Royal Event will begin. Preparations for this event run 24/7 for the past few days. Decorations at the Grand Ballroom was extravagant. The menu of tonight’s meal is mouth-watering. As for security, tight as hell.

 

Sebastian ran us through with the list of things we need to remember for the nth time. The workers here always complain about him being too redundant most of the time – repeating orders over and over and over. I find it rather a trait of a perfectionist.

 

Sebastian turn his attention to me. “Joonmyun, remember your in charge of the Princess and the Prince’s safety. If anything happens to them --"

“Yes, I know sir. My arse would be yours. Not in a homoual way, of course.” I whispered the last sentence earning a chuckle from my dongsaengs.

“Yes. Not in a homoual way. Moving on.”

 

! He heard that?

 

He continued to trail off with the emergency measures – what to do and how to execute it. Ask me the details, I don’t know because by this time, I shut off already. This is the first time my brain fell off to the state of nothingness. I could only blame it to my lack of sleep. I only had an hour of sleep – not because I’m a nocturnal being.

 

I had been practising waltz with Mia for weeks now. We’ve been practicing in secrecy late at night. That’s basically the reason why I lack of sleep – not that I’m complaining, ok? Frankly, speaking, I like it a lot and I don’t know why.

 

“…And the guests count increased. We now have 500 guests not including the media people.” That statement brought me back to reality.

 

500 people? isn’t that a little bit too much?

 

“I expect all of you on your ‘A’ game tonight.” Sebastian dismissed us with that statement.

 

All of us started walking away and planned to continue working when Sebastian called Kris and my attention. “I have to talk to you guys privately.” Sebastian calmly ordered.

 

This must be serious.

 

--

 

“I think the family is in danger.” He started explaining as soon as we entered his office.

 

He pulled open his desk drawer, picking up a manila envelope then throwing it at his desk.

 

“Take a look at that.” He ordered.

 

Kris took the envelope. “Do you know who the sender is?”

“Not a clue.” Sebastian responded.

 

Kris took out the letter inside it. What the hell is this?

 

 

We read the letter and found out it’s an excerpt from a book.

 

“This is weird. Why mail an excerpt of The Passport?” I questioned.

“You know this piece?” Sebastian asked me.

I nodded my head. “I read this not long ago. It’s a good book written by a Nobel Laureate in Literature.”

Kris furrow his brow. “So why this piece then?”

“I have no clue.” I shook my head in dismay.

 

I took the paper and saw something written on the back of it. “Check this out.”

 

 

“Numbers? That doesn’t make sense.” Kris irritably remarked.

I scan at the numbers and the excerpt again. “What are they planning?”

“Honestly, I don’t know what they are planning but we have to be extra careful.”

 

--

 

Sebastian hid the letter and ask us to keep it a secret between the three of us. He reasoned out that he did not want to ruin the occasion. He trusted us enough to take things under control and we surely will.

 

As we step out of his office, guests started to arrive wearing the most expensive clothing and accessories they could ever parade and wear. The rest of the security team are all over the place. They are all in a royal guard uniform except for us – EXO. We were asked to dress for the occasion which means we are wearing suits -- white dress shirt, black vest, black jacket and black pants. We look like those guys in the Men in Black movie.

 

“What do you think those numbers are for?” Kris asked me.

“I’m still thinking about it.”

“We better figure that out fast or else –“

“Don’t even think about it, hyung.”

 

As much as I want to solve the mystery of the letter, I have more important things to do.

 

Our team was created because of one and one purpose only – to protect the Royal Family, especially the crown princess. I would put my life on the line to protect the family – specifically Mia. I would not allow anyone to lay a finger on her.

 

“We better prepare ourselves. The party is about to start.” Kris instructed.

I smiled at him. “Already ahead of you.”

 

--

 

The Royal Band started playing music signalling the arrival of the Royal Family. Everyone turned their attention to the Grand Staircase awaiting the King and his family. The Royal Honor Guards lifted their swords up in the air making an arch as soon their commander commanded them to do so. Not long after that, Taemin’s name was called.

 

“Your Royal Highness, Prince Taemin Lee.”

 

 He appeared in his black tuxedo looking good and manly.

 

Don’t get me wrong, alright? I just find Taemin too cute most of the time. Seeing him like this is new to us.

 

“Your Royal Highness, Princess Maria Isabelle Antoinette Lee”

 

And there she was. Slowly gliding down resting her right hand on her little brother’s arm. She wore a cream-colored long gown with floral decorations. Her long hair was tied in a classic French Bun and was accessorized with an expensive Royal Crown.

 

I stood at the side with my mouth slightly opened. I never saw her like this before mainly because she wore shorts and t-shirts most of the time. Tonight she looks stunning and y as hell – if that even make sense.

 

I stared at her as she continued to walk to red carpeted aisle to their respective chairs. She caught me staring at her and flashes me a smile. Suddenly, my heart beats faster than it should – as if I’m running a marathon.

 

What the hell is wrong with me?

 

Someone poke my arm. “Hyung, are you all right?” It was Sehun.

“Yes. I’m fine.” I whispered still maintaining eye contact with Mia.

“Then why are you blushing?”

 

I immediately look at Sehun smirking at me. I then discovered that Sehun was not the only one smirking, the rest of the gang was.

 

“I—I’m not blushing.” I denied.

Chanyeol laughed deviously. “Yeah right. Like we are going to believe that.”

“Come on, hyung. We know each other for quite some time now. We know if you’re bluffing or not.” Jongin commented.

“Oh and please close your mouth, hyung. Flies might think it’s a cave or something like that.” Tao chuckled

I closed my mouth and shook my head. There’s no way I’m going to admit that I am blushing, no sir. So I continued to deny everything. “I told you. I am not blushing.”

“Then why are you defensive?” They started laughing again.

 

This is not my day at all.

 

--

By the time the gang stopped teasing me, we focused back our attention to the event. The first dance of the King’s Birthday began. First up was the father and daughter tandem, the King and Mia. Seeing Mia giggled as she closely danced with her father proved that Mia is indeed a Daddy’s girl.

 

When she first said that she’s a Daddy’s Girl, I never actually believed her. I guess she proved me wrong.

 

I assumed that she was a mama’s girl due to the fact that she spends more than half of her day with the queen -- alone. When she heard this reason, she laughed hysterically telling me I have a poor basis.

 

That doesn’t mean I’m a Mama’s girl. That’s just judging the book by its cover. I remember her saying.

 

She then elaborated that they have different ideals, personality and mind set.

 

Think of it as Yin and Yang, East and West. You can also use Hot and cold.

 

She started ranting about her life with the queen and their difference with one another. In one whole day, I became her living diary.

 

You’re the first person who knows my ‘Memoir of the Crown Princess: Chapter 1 – The Monster Mom’

 

In the end, we both concluded the same thing -- her mom scares the crap out of her – whatever that means.

 

“Hey Joonmyun!” someone called.

I turned my head to the direction of the voice. “Yes?”

“You’re spacing out, again.” Xiumin teased.

 

Seriously, these guys won’t stop.

 

“I’m not, ok?”

 

Well they ignored my response and continue teasing me. I guess they’re not going to stop anytime soon.

 

--

 

An hour and ten minutes scolding from Sebastian after, we are back in the game. Most of the guests in the room started dancing on the floor, grabbing their partner of choice. Some are at the bar drinking. Others are just around the hall lurking as they try to strike conversation to whoever they bump to,

 

The gang dispersed and scattered all over the place. We keep an eye on the Royal Family from a far as they did their own business.

 

The King stood by the door near the balcony as he conversed with the members of the parliament. The Queen was at the side of the grand staircase talking to some people from an orphanage. Taemin was at the bar with his friends, grabbing a drink as he tried to figure out how to score a girl, specifically the girl who was sitting two tables away from him.

 

Now, where’s Mia? I radioed the guards asking for her whereabouts.

 

“Hyung? He’s at your 3’o clock.” Baekhyun called in.

 

I shifted my gaze to her location and there she was, talking to some guy. She throw her head back laughing. I assume this guy is making a move on her. He doesn’t stand a chance. I mean with that appearance – a face that looks like a dinosaur, sharp jawline and not gifted in height – he really doesn’t stand a chance.

 

My radio went off. “Joonmyun-hyung? Are you there?”

“Yes.”

“What’s with the face, men?” Chanyeol responded.

“You’re upset, right?” Chen butted in.

“Oh someone doesn’t like what he sees.” Jongin radioed.

 

I tightened my jaw and turned off my radio. I don’t trust him. He might hurt the princess. No one lays a finger on Mia – especially those who are flirting her. This is part of my job. I have to do something to keep him away from her.


This chapter was supposedly posted a few weeks ago, but my browser became a pain in the arse and malfunction a bit. I had to do some sort of codings to be able to fix it. 

So here's Chapter 4 for you guys. I'll be also introducing Sebastian below oh and the guy that Mia was talking to -- can you guys guess who is he? Hahaha! Isn't the description a bit too obvious?

And there's a challenge for each and everyone of you. 

Is there anyone who can decipher the letter? What do you think the letter is all about? Share you thoughts below. 

I'll see you guys on the next Chapter!

-AyaTenshi <3

Sebastian Park

 

The ever loyal personal assistant of the King and Queen. He is also head of the Royal Staffs. He has this profound love for felines and no one understood why. He might look young but he takes his work seriously. Little is known about his life aside from the fact that he is a boy and his family has served the House of Lee since the beginning of time.