Evenly Match Siblings

Royal Treatment


 

I hugged my knees close to my chest contemplating the past few nights – well technically, dawn, practicing in secrecy with Suho. After the first time he caught me sneaking out in the wee hours, he allowed me to practice with one condition – to allow him to be his partner.

 

Well – at first I had doubts with it, thinking that we might get caught and he’ll be scolded for, one, not forcing me back to my room and two, for taking advantage of me (whatever that means). Then again, How can I resist that offer?

 

I looked at the digital clock at my bedside table. 7:59 am. I woke up a minute earlier than I used to.

 

“Your Highness?” I heard someone knock on my door.

 

I pulled up my blanket up to my chin “Come in! Whoever you are” I called out whispering the last three words.

 

The door opened and (speaking of the devil) there he is. Walking into my room with Baekhyun and Kyung -- Kiyo – Tartar Sauce! What’s his name again? Why is his name so complicated to remember and say?

 

“Good Morning, your highness” They greeted me with a smile and a bow.

I pouted “How many times do I have to tell you guys to call me Mia instead?”

“It is part of our job, your Hi--" Baekhyun tried to reason out when he suddenly stopped. Maybe because I glared at him.

 

I continue to glare when out of nowhere, we heard a chuckle. All of us turned our attention to one man – Suho. He continued laughing throwing his head back like a little child. He wiped his tears, noticing our weird look towards him.

 

“I’m sorry, your – I mean Mia.” He apologized. “I just find you glaring at him pretty funny.”

 

Kyungs—You know what? Nevermind! I’ll call him D.O. instead since it is his last name and it is easier to remember.

 

D.O. smiled “Well, Joonmyun-hyung is right. You are funny, Mia!”

“I AM NOT FUNNY!” I said in defence but all they did was laugh at me some more.

 

---

 

“You know, Mom hates it when you rest your head on the table.” Taemin reminded me.

 

I lay the right side of my face on glass table by the garden porch. I pouted my lips thinking how irresponsible I am. I forgot my dad’s birthday. And it is tomorrow.

 

You see, it has been a tradition for me and my brother to do or give something for our father on his birthday. Taeminnie and I haven’t planned anything for him yet.

 

“I don’t care” I said in a soft manner.

Taemin laughed at me “Well at least think of something, like what are we going to give to dad.”

I lifted my head and shifted my gazed at Taemin “I can’t think of any gifts.”

“We could do the same thing as last year.”

 

I stare blankly at him. He reminded me of our lousy performance for our dad’s birthday a year ago. He was playing the piano and I was playing the violin when the string broke and humiliation dawned upon my poor soul. I swore that day. I swore never to play violin again.

 

“NO WAY!”

“What? That was fun! Or we could do the hiphop routine we practiced and did before.”

 

Hiphop? ! I am not going to do that again. We got our arse fried BIGTIME after that performance. Well, it’s not because dad did not enjoy the performance – Actually he loved it – It was mom who hated it. I remember her saying that it is the dance of the lowest societal class. Talk about racism.

 

“Yeah! Like that would work” I rolled my eyes at him “You know we got in trouble the last time we did that.”

“Now that you mentioned it, I suddenly remember Mom’s face when she scolded us.”

“You like pissing off mom, do you?”

 

He let out a loud chuckle and nodded his head.

 

Mom never really like hiphop. In fact, she despise it. Whenever she would caught us dancing or even listening, she would go from a pretty calm queen to a nasty scary mom.

 

“How about you sing, madam?”

Wait! Who in the world said that?

“That’s a great idea! And I can play the piano.” Taemin agreed to whoever suggested that notion.

I stood up from my seat crossing my arms across my chest “No sire! I would not sing. No way!”

“But you sing great!” One of the Royal maids butted in.

I let out a sarcastic laugh “Yes I do! If I’m in the bathroom.”

“Come on, Noona! That’s a great idea.”

“I hate it when you say that. But NO is still my answer”

 

I stood up from where I was knowing fully well that my brother wouldn’t drop this conversation. I turn my heel and walk into the house – and by that I mean the castle.

 

“I guess I’ll have to bring Macy in your room.” I heard him whisper.

I turned my head and looked at him sending deadly daggers. “You wouldn’t dare”.

“Oh I will” He smirks.

“Do you want me to die?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“You wouldn’t die. She is just a cat!”

---

I stood on my bed scared to death. Macy is in my room purring and roaming around like a drama queen and prima donna. Her short, thick, velvety silver blue fur perfectly shined. Her prominent whisker pads and upturned mouth looked like she was smiling – in a prima donna way. Oh and her eyes – those green eyes of hers stared at me sending shivers down my spine.

 

Taemin, You’re dead meat!

 

“LEE TAEMIN!!!!!”

 

I screamed my brother’s name loud as I could. This is not happening to me. How could he do this to me? That little kid. He’s dead alright!

 

“Ah… I see you and Macy said hi to each other already.” He teased leaning by the door frame.

“I swear I’m going to kill you!”

“If you can escape Macy”

“Shut up and get it away from me.”

He fake frowned and teased me some more “You hurt her feelings. It’s not an ‘it’ it’s a ‘her’”

“Just shut it and get Macy away from me.”

“Hahaha! No.”

 

In case you still do not get who Macy is, she is the pet cat of Sebastian. He said he found his cat of his in a dumpster during their trip in one of the provinces near the castle. He got so attached towards the cat that he adopted her.

 

Sebastian loves her so much. He claims that Macy is lusciously affectionate and loyal. She is shy with strangers but once she get to know them, she will love them wholeheartedly.

 

Not for me, of course! She is a mind controlling animal using her fuzzy fur and her cat eye as a weapon to manipulate you.

 

Call me crazy but yeah – that’s why I hate and more over scared of cats.

 

“Your Highness? What are you doing there?”

 

It was Jongin, Taemin’s a.k.a. matured twin.

 

“Thank God! You’re here. Can you do me a favour and get that thing away from me?” I pleaded pointing at the cat.

“That thing? Madam, you’re hurting her feelings.”

I rolled my eyes at the young man. “Not you too.”

 

The two exchange looks before turning back their attention to me, laughing.

 

Jongin walk to Macy and held her on his arms brushing her fur. He slowly went to where I am and I didn’t need a genius to guess why.

 

“Well she’s cute and fuzzy. Look at her?” He remarked lifting Macy towards me.

“Oh no! Stop tormenting me, please.”

Jongin and Taemin chuckle. “We will – unless you say yes to my proposition earlier.” My brother bargained.

“NO!”

“Ok then. Jongin, let’s help Macy and Mia get acquainted.”

 

This is not happening.

 

---

 

In the Music Room, I sat beside my brother as we take five after practicing for an hour straight. Yes, I finally agreed to the singing and piano combo that my brother worked hard for to convince me.

 

“You know, we can cancel this, Mia.” My brother suggested.

I glare at him and in return he flashed me smirk. “Nah. I’ll pass. You might place Macy back in my room.”

“Beside you – when you are sleeping.” He teased.

“Why do you like tormenting me?”

He laughs clapping his hands. “It’s in my job description as a brother to torment you.”

“How I wish I had a sister instead.” I whispered.

 

We continued our practice until Taemin got satisfied that we done good. Here’s another thing about Taemin for you ladies out there – He’s a perfectionist. He is not going to stop until he gets goo—great at whatever he is doing. List of examples runs long such as his fascination for dance, piano and, tormenting his sister. Yup. The lists runs long.

 

After a few more hours of last minute practice, we are done. He covered the piano keys with a red cloth and slowly lowered the fall. He then took the lid prop and readily hold the lid to close it.

 

“Noona, do you think – well I mean are the Choi’s coming?” He asked stuttering.

I looked at him blankly. “What? Why are you asking?”

“Noona, are they coming or not?” He asked shyly this time.

 

Hmm. I feel something is up.

 

“I know they are. We’ve been friends with the Choi’s for a long time. Why are you asking?”

He completely closed the lid of the grand piano. “No—nothing. I just ask.”

“Why are so curious about the Choi’s all of a sudden.”

“It’s nothing, ok?”

 

I tapped my finger at my chin, bothered by my brother’s sudden interest at the Choi Family. Unless…

 

“Oh… I get it. You’re asking if Jinri is coming.” I smirk at him.

He waved his hands denying my accusation. “No. No. I’m not into Sulli.”

“Sulli? You gave Jinri a nickname already.” He covers his mouth instantly. “And I never said you are into her.”

“But you are implying to.”

“Well your right about that. Now tell, you have a crush on Jinri right?”

 

His eyes widen and his cheeks blush immensely. Oh Little Bro is so busted.

 

“HA! I’m right you have a crush on Jinri.” I .

“No I don’t.” He tried to deny.

 

I raised one of my brows and smirked at him. What’s this? My brother getting work up and keeping his guard up. Oh this is going to be fun.

 

I sat by the sofa near the piano and cross my legs in a teasingly cutesy way. “Let’s play a game shall we.”

He crosses his arms and answered “No.”

“Come on, bro. Just one game. After this I’m not going to ask you about Jinri ever.”

He sighed and looked at me showing dismay at himself. “You Promise?”

“I promise. After all, all you have to do is to say either you ‘love it’ or ‘hate it’, ok?”

“Fine.”

 

I flash a smile as he started to pace back and forth in front me.

 

Oh you are going down my brother! You are going down.

 

“Let’s get started. Pajamas?”

 

He stopped and turns his attention to me. He rolled his eyes at me probably thinking what kind of question was that.

 

“Seriously?” He asked puzzled.

“Come on, bro. Pajamas?”

He let out a sigh. “Love it.”

“There you go. Banana Milk?”

“Totally Love it.”

“Guards?”

“Hate it.”

“Soju?”

“Love it on a rainy day.”

“Friend Chicken.”

“Love it with beer.”

“Wine?”

“Hate it.”

“Me?”

“Sometimes hate. Sometimes love.”

“Jinri?”

“Love her!”

 

I stood up from my seat and skipped around my brother like a sissy girl. He face palm himself aware that he has fallen for my trap.

 

What a major breakthrough! My brother has a crush on Jinri.

 

“Nice choice, bro! Keep it up!” I teasingly commented.

 

Before he could say a word, I left him skipping out the room singing the famous ‘K-I-S-S-I-N-G’ song with Taemin and Jinri’s name in it.

 

Now, he knows my weakness and I know his. Now we are even.



 

 

 

 

 

 

SHINee’s Back and so am I. Hi guys! Did you miss me? Probably not. Hahaha! So here’s an update for you guys but it doesn’t say much about our heroine’s feeling for Suho. But on the next chapter we will get some kind of clarifications on that – if you know what I mean.

 

And as for Taemin well – it’s kind of getting lonely for Mia who’s the only one having a love interest in the story, so I threw in Jinri/Sulli in the story. Sorry for those who aren’t Taelli (Taemin x Sulli) fans out there.

 

Just a few warnings on the next chapter. I might introduce some more characters. I might also change the point of view since I’m getting bored with Mia’s point of view and I want to spice things up. Oh and it might be up on tomorrow night or Friday.

 

As for those who are interested to know why I suddenly disappear, I have made a blog for it. So if you have time, you are more than welcome to read it.

 

P.S. I’ll be introducing Sulli and Macy below. (Yes. I had a hard time looking for someone to post a picture of Macy here because frankly, I’m afraid of cats. Hahaha!)

 

Guess I’ll see you tomorrow or Friday!

 

Until we meet on the next chapters, my dears! J

--AyaTenshi 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

Choi Jinri (Also known as Sulli)

Known to be a cute and bubbly girl. She grew up being the youngest in the Choi Family, a long-time family friend of the Lee Family and second powerful family in the kingdom after the House of Lee.  She is close with Mia and Taemin. They have been friends since they were little. Very Naïve when comes to the subject about ‘love’ especially acknowledging the fact that the prince has feelings towards her.

 

 

 

 

Macy

A Russian Blue Cat that was adopted by the King and Queen’s personal assistant, Sebastian. Found in a dumpster, Sebastian took her home giving her the love and care she wanted. She loves playing with the people around her but hates seeing strangers. She is most of the time use by the prince to blackmail his sister because of her great fear of cats.