Introduction of the Royal Guardians

Royal Treatment

 

 

The Members of the Parliament having the King as the Head of State had unanimously agreed that sons and daughters of the kingdom’s monarchs will have an equal right to the throne. They must, however, follow the following circumstance for them to inherit the throne:

1. He or she must be a first born of the reigning King and Queen

2. He or she must marry a member from a royal family before he or she sat on the throne. If in any case a royal marries someone who is not royal, it is considered a morganatic marriage. Their children will not inherit the right to the throne.

 

I read the paper once more. This could not be possible. I let out a sigh of discontent. This is not the reality I wanted.

 

I gave my teacher a questioning look and spoke. “I have to read this because?”

 

“Because it is part of your role as the next heir for the throne to know all, if not, familiarize yourself with these laws.” She replied flashing me a fake smile.

“Do I really have to get married before I become Queen?” I asked, questioning the credibility of the law.

 

She looked at me with displeasure. “Of course, it is what the law states,”

 

I let out another sigh before I continue reading further.

 

I hate study time. Well, there is nothing I can do about it because for a Crown Princess to rule their Kingdom, she is trained by the best teachers in the kingdom, supervised by the one and only Queen. And Law 101 is part of it.

 

I never really asked for any of this. I was just born in a family who happened to be the most powerful family in the Kingdom – The House of Lee.  My name is Mia. Please drop the honorifics such as ‘Your Highness’, ‘Crown Princess’, ‘Princess’, ‘Madam’ or anything a like. Just Mia! I like it that way. I am the first born child of the King and Queen, which means I’m the next heir of the Kingdom that the House of Lee ruled for thousands of years.

 

“Mia! Stop studying and play with me NOW!”

 

Oh and that is my little brother shouting. His name is Taemin. His the cutest and most annoying little brother anyone can have. His only 2 years younger than me but GOD, he acts like he is a 3 year old boy. (FYI he is 19 already).

 

“Prince Taemin, the Princess is studying!” My teacher scolded him. “And show your respect to your sister. She is after all the next Queen.”

 

I stick my tongue out secretly at him laughing at his situation right now. It is good to be out of the radar sometimes. I hate being scolded all the time. At least now, somebody else is getting scolded for a change.

 

“Continue reading, your highness.” Pfft! There goes another honorific. “I have to teach the prince a lesson for disrespecting you.” My teacher stood up and bowed at me before running after my little brother.

 

I laughed out loud as soon as the door shut. This is going to be a wonderful day.

 

---

 

I sat lifeless beside my father and across my mother at the long table for dinner. I suddenly lost my appetite and played with my food after hearing my mother speak of marriage for the nth time this past few months.

 

Ok. I take back what I said earlier. This is would not be a wonderful day.

 

“Honey, eat your food. You have to be healthy if you want to lead our people.” She instructed me as she continued eating.

I look at her pouting my lips. “How can I eat if you are always bring up that marriage thing?”

“It is bound to happen, my child.”

“It is, but not soon.”

 

Dead awkward silence filled the hall. This is one of the topics that our family are too sensitive to talk about. But for an apparent reason, my mom always had her ways of tormenting me with the topic. I know sooner or later, I’ll be wed to someone just to be on the throne. But I never like it when this topic is brought now that I’m still 21 and too young and immature for a relationship or a marriage for that matter.

 

“ to be you, noona” Taemin laughed at me.

“Taemin!” My mom scolded the little boy. “Watch your language.”

He lowered his head and continue eating as he muttered the word “sorry”.

 

Serves him right, I guess. But I kind of pity my bro. He always get scolded by our mom for behaving inappropriately. How I wish he could just grow-up to be a mature individual. Well, if that happens, life would not be more fun and entertaining for me then. Haha!

 

“Dad, do you think Taemin acts a little too young for his age?” I whispered to my dad emphasizing the words ‘too young’.

He slowly drop his fork and taps his chin. “Now that you mentioned it. He kind of act like a toddler.”

“Who loves playing toy car?”

“And eats lots of sweets?”

“And acts cute to get away with everything?”

“Touché! Point well made”

 

 “And you two?” Mom called our attention. We were both caught off guard. Me and Dad stiffen up from our seat as we divert our attention to my mom who is crossing her arms and giving us her famous ‘oh no you didn’t’ look. “Well? What are you guys doing?”

“We were just talking, jagiya.” My dad tried to reason out.

“Don’t ‘jagiya’ me.”

“But—“

“No buts. Eat. We will meet a few people by the Great Room in 15 minutes. I suggest you finish your meal or so help me God, I ground you guys.” She pointed at me and Taemin.

 

Wait! Is it pretty normal for a Prince and Princess to be grounded by her mother? Is she suffering from menopausal already? This is so weird.

 

Dad let out a soft chuckle avoiding my mom’s radar but he failed. “Oh laugh, jagiya. I’ll include you.”

 

Dad shuts his mouth and gulped down hard as he gave me and my brother a scared glance before continuing with his meal.

 

This is a humiliating day for the King. The day that Alpha Male bowed down to a Female.

 

---

 

We all took our places at the Great Hall aka the ginormous living room. Me and Taemin went to the Chess table and played. My mom sat on a mahogany wooden chair with a cup of tea in hand. As for my dad, well he sat by the couch laying his head low because he got scolded by my mother.

 

Dad has this weird habit of shutting down his system when anyone scolded him. He will just sit lifeless anywhere he may be, stay silent for a couple of minutes or so. In short, he goes to a state of nothingness. Just think of it as his defence mechanism.

 

Anyway, I wonder why we were here. Mom never told us a thing. She just said “we will meet a few people that will be part of our lives from now on.” Who are these people she is talking about anyway?

 

Sebastian, my mom’s and dad’s great assistant bowed down. “Your Majesty, they have arrived.” They? Who are they?

 

My mom flashes him a smile and waved her hand signalling him to let them in. Sebastian opened the door and 12 guys in the room dressed in black tuxedo and shiny leather shoes. As soon as I saw them come in I knew something was up.

 

“Are you guys, EXO?” My mom asked.

 

Wait! EXO? You mean they came from another planet? Now, that is a stupid question right there.

 

“Yes, your Majesty. We are EXO.” They introduced themselves in a synchronized manner.

“Very Good!” My mom clapped her hand with glee. “I’m very impressed.”

 

Taemin looked at me with a weird expression. “What are they, anyway?”

“I don’t know really.” I replied.

 

“Jagiya, these are the men I’m talking about.” My mom informed my dad poking his cheeks.

With that, Dad snapped back to reality. He stood up and took a glance at the 12 young men in front. “Are you sure you guys can handle the work demands, the pressure and the danger?” He seriously asked.

 

What danger? Can someone fill us up here?

 

One of them stepped forward. Fair skin, average height, nice facial features and above all – handsome. For some reason, I found myself staring at the guy. ! Why am I blushing?

 

“Your Majesty, we are trained to be the best of the best. We are more than capable to protect you and the rest of the Royal Family.” He spoke out flashing my dad a reassuring smile.

“That is good to hear then.” Dad nodded his head in contentment. “Sebastian, I need the folders of their profiles, please.”

 

“Yo! Noona?” I heard my brother calling me as he pulled my sleeves like a kid.

“What?” I snapped back at him.

He smirked at me. Oh I know where this is going. “Noona, why are you blushing?”

“No, I’m not.” I defended myself.

He immediately took a picture of me with his phone which caught me by surprise. “Here take a look of yourself.” Aish! This kid really!

“Delete that right now!” I demanded as I reach out for his phone.

He immediately held his phone away from me, laughing. “No.”

I stood up from my chair trying to reach for the phone. I attempted few more times before I hit the chess table with my feet causing me to fall face flat with the table.

 

Silence filled the great hall, only breathing can be heard. Allow me to bury myself on the wooden floor, for crying out loud.

 

“Your Highness, what happened?” I heard Sebastian panicked.

 

I felt two hand gripping my forearms, assisting me to stand up. “I’m fine, Sebby.” I lied. My face hurts. Must be from the impact of my fall. “Are you sure, madam?” I looked at his flashing a smile.

“Very well th—OH MY GOD!“

 

I took a glance at his surprised face as well as my parents and all the other people in the room. Why are they looking at me weirdly?

 

“Your Highness, your no—nose.” I heard him point out.

I stared at him clueless of what was happening. “What’s with my nose?” I lifted my hand to touch it and I felt something on my fingertips – liquid. I lifted up to see what it was – blood. ! My nose is bleeding. “AHHHHH” I scream out loud.

 

One of the things that scared me the most is blood. The last time I had an episode of seeing blood was when I saw the cooks killing a pig for supper. I literally fainted when I saw blood gashing out of the poor pigs body.

 

“Sit, your Highness.” Someone instructed me and I obey him so. I was shaking seeing blood in my hands – my own blood. Call it overacting I do not care. I’m scare of blood – period.

I felt a fingertip on my chin, lifting my head up. “Lean your head forward, madam.” As I did what I was instructed to do so, I saw the face of the same handsome man inches away from my face. I immediately found myself staring at his angelic face – those dark brown eyes, perfectly shaped nose, and those lips – oh those lips. I want to touch it.

 

“Your highness?” I heard him question. ! Stopped this nonsense, Mia.

“Yes?” I asked trying to act all cutesy as much as possible.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“I’m fine!” I lied. My whole face hurts like hell.

“Your highness, using your thumb and index finger, squeeze on this soft part of the nose that I’m touching now.” I nodded in response and followed his instruction. “Good. Now can anyone bring the princess some ice pack, please”

 

I watch him wipe my nose with a hanky – wait! Is that his? “Excuse me? But are you using your hanky?”

Without looking, he answered “Yes, your Highness. Why ask?”

“You shouldn’t have. I mean it’s your hanky and you should have use a napkin or something. And – OH MY GOD your hanky is white.” I reacted without thinking.

I saw him looking at me with those angelic eyes of his before letting out a loud chuckle, joined by everyone in the room. I blink my eyes twice, trying to process what was happening.

 

“It’s Ok, Your Highness. It is just a hanky.” He reassured me as he continue to wipe my nose.

 

---

 

Saving me from my embarrassing feat, we continued our meet and greet session with the 12 guys as one of our maids hold to an Ice pack place on the bridge of my nose. I had been informed that these guys were recruited and trained to protect the Royal Family. Think of it as the Secret Service of the United States of America. I was also told that they will be dividing into two units: EXO-M – in charge of protecting my parents and EXO-K in charge of protecting me and my brother.

 

“Hey! Noona?” I heard Taemin whispered. I looked at him in an annoyed manner “What is it?”

“I’m sorry.” Is this true? Am I dreaming? My brother is apologizing. “It’s alright. Just delete the photo, ok?”

He smirked at me “No.” I knew it.

 

Sebastian fakely cough to get my attention. “Your Highness, these people will closely guard you starting today.” Pointing at the three men standing in front of me – and guess what? Mr. Handsome is one of them.

 

I wasn’t listening earlier – let alone giving any attention. I drifted away to minding the pain on my face when they were introducing themselves. “Could you please introduce yourself? I didn’t get it earlier.”

 

The guy with an eyeliner stepped up. “Your Highness, I’m Byun Baekhyun.” Whoa! A guy with an eyeliner? Nice!

“I’m Do Kyungsoo, Your Highness.” The guy beside him said.

“I’m Kim Joonmyun, Your Highness. It is our pleasure to serve you and the Royal Family.” So that’s the name of Mr. Handsome.

 

Kim Joonmyun. What a nice name for a handsome guy.



 

 

 

 

 

 

I am happy that there were people who subscribe with the story after reading the foreword alone. With that, I thank you. For now, here’s the first chapter of the fic. Like I said beforehand, it is my first time writing a multific with EXO involve so please bear with me.

 

So I am open to your criticism but don’t be harsh, ok? Hahaha! Just leave a comment below.

 

Anyway, tomorrow is my dad’s birthday so expect me to update the second chapter by January 2 or late night of January 1. I’ll be cooking for our clan to celebrate my dad’s birthday which makes it difficult for me to update. Reassured I’ll update you guys.

 

On behalf of me and my Family, Happy New Year and have a wonderful year ahead of us! Ciao!

-AyaTenshi