An Old Somebody

Can I call you, Yeobo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next couple of weeks served both Mimi and Seungho no rest as they were flooded with questions from all entertainment stations.

Mimi groaned, collapsing on the spot at the training room studio completely exhausted. At one point, she would not be surprised if she was scared to go out in public because of the amount of exertion she was facing.

The door knocked, startling Mimi.

"Come in." she sighed loudly.

Jae walked in cautiously, fearing his presence might tire Mimi even more. But he soon broke that with his excitement.  "Mimi." his whispers were urgent and sharp.

Mimi opened her eyes and looked Jae.

"I have good news." Jae grinned widely.

"Shoot." Mimi flailed her arms.

"Bi Rai and I are getting married, very- VERY VERY soon." Jae clenched his fists together.

Mimi smiled softly, even though she was tired.

"Congratulations. Again." Mimi added.

"The press want you and Seungho to go to a conference meeting with the WGM producers." Jae clapped his hands, with a bright smile on his face. Mimi sighed, but nodded.

"It's good because this is the last press meeting you'll go to. The producers guaranteed that this would clear everything up." Jae nodded. Mimi nodded, with a bit more assurance.

Jae looked at Mimi, his eyebrows furrowing upwards. Mimi looked up at him, raising her eyebrows. "Is there more?" Mimi asked.

"Oh! Oh yeah, yeah. There's more. Um. Your dad." Jae snapped out of his trance, and twiddled his thumbs together. "Your dad- he said- he wants you to contact him." Jae nodded.

Mimi chortled softly to herself, and exhaled. "Haha, I should. I bet he's worried about this thing." Mimi shook her head, rising from her position.

Jae nodded slowly, softly smiling.

 

"Appa?"

"MIMI!" A large, warm voice burst through Mimi's eardrums.

"Hi appa." Mimi grinned.

"Don't 'Hi appa' me! Do you know how worried I was?" Mimi's dad's voice shuddered.

"Sorry. I was busy." Mimi lowered her head.

"I CAN SEE THAT." his voice huffed, breathing strong.

Mimi laughed, at the knowledge her father wasn't angry with her. "You angry?" she teased.

"YES. I'm angry that you didn't even tell me Mimi. If you did, I would have been able to support you through this or something." his voice sounded apologetic.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. But it's fine now." Mimi nodded.

Mimi's dad exhaled, and as he spoke his next words, a smile was hear through the reception. "Are you holding up well?"

"Yup!" Mimi grinned.

"You're lucky I'm soft hearted." her dad threw.

"Yes. I. Am." Mimi agreed, playing along to his antics.

"Your appa will always be there for you, okay Mimi?"

"I know appa. Love you."

"Love you too."

The two paused in their conversations, both enjoying a moment of silence.

"Listen, Mimi? Appa has to go now, but we'll be meeting eachother very soon. I'm gonna go pack up." In the background, there was a sound of shuffling.

"Packing up? For work? What are you talking about?" Mimi cocked her head in confusion.

"You'll see soon enough. I already told Jae everything, so after that press thing whatchamacallit thing, ask him okay? I won't have the time to properly explain to you at that time or now. Oh! I need to go, sorry honey! Bye!"

There was a click, then a beep.

"But the press conference is in two days.." Her words dragged out. 

Mimi blinked, bewildered. She scrunched up her face, then shrugged.

Setting her alarm to the press conference, she closed her eyes and immediately went into a deep sleep.

 

Mimi stretched, still half asleep.

She was wearing a neat and clean white dress that was flowing at her knee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter