The Day That Changed It All - Part One

The Stuffed Puppy

AN: Hi guys ^^ I'm updating again cause I actually had no idea what else to update. It might be cause this is a new story so yeah xD Also, I'm thankful to all the comments and new subs I got for the first chapter, it might not always seem like that guys, but I really appreciate it when you do that xD So please, comment and sub and vote and whatever xD( but only if you'd like to ^^)

Just a note to those who forgot: This chapter will be in Kibum's P.O.V. (also partly the reason why one of the tags is 'school-life' :P


Kibum's P.O.V.

 

Everything started on a peaceful day. I woke up early as always, though I was extremely groggy. Somehow, I didn't like sleeping for a long time, but I absolutely loved lying in bed, sometimes humming out of boredom. But usually, I would just lie there with closed eyes and wait for my mother to come and 'wake me up'.

It was strange how this had become a habit of mine. Through the week and even on weekends, I'd lie in bed until she knocked on my door, saying that I had to wake up. Or until I heard her rushing downstairs to the kitchen on days she had accidentally slept in. Mine and my parents room were closed to each other, so I could always hear it if someone walked downstairs just a tiny bit loudly. And usually, when mom was late, she just couldn't tiptoe downstairs.

This day was like that as well. It seemed like it wasn't time for me to wake up yet, she should have been awake for at least an hour now, because I could hear her run past my room and storm down the stairs. I couldn't help but smile slightly. This was so natural to me..

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the direction I remembered I had put my favorite stuffed toy, a puppy called Jong (nickname for Jonghyun). But he wasn't there. My eyes widened and I shot up, looking for my treasured toy frantically.

Most people would have laughed at how ridiculous and childish I was, looking for a mere stuffed puppy like it was something that cost a fortune or was something that was absolutely irreplaceable. Well, to me, Jong was. But to most people, he probably looked like some worn-out toy and nothing more. But Jong had been with me for fifteen years now and I wasn't planning on losing him. 

I let out a relieved sigh when I found the puppy on the floor, right next to my bed. 'Aww, I'm sorry for knocking you down...'I mumbled and picked it up, hugging him as I always did. This wasn't the first time I had kicked or knock him down onto the floor, but I always kind of... regretted it. I never really knew why though. I sighed and dusted him off then put him on my bed so he was facing the wall. For some strange reasons, I didn't like changing 'in front of him'. Maybe it was because his eyes looked so... real. I never understood how a toy could have eyes like him.

I looked for some clothes, choosing out a pair of dark skinny jeans and a nice T-shirt. I changed quickly before going to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair, grinning at my reflection when I heard my mother shout for me to get up. It seemed like she failed to notice that she woke up with storming down the stairs like she was chased by something. Or maybe she was being chased by my dad, who was a morning person. It was kind of strange how my mother was your typical 'not-morning-person', sleeping until seven even though she should have woken up around six at least three times a week, while I was your not-a-morning-person who woke up early, but hated to actually get out of bed and was groggy if he couldn't lie in bed for at least half an hour, while my dad just woke up and was refreshed happy and everything most of the time.

'I'm going!' I yelled when I heard someone, probably my mother pounding on the door quite hardly.

After I left my bathroom, I picked up my backpack and left my bedroom but not before smiling at Jong widely. My mother was at my door, smiling at me sleepily. I was already quite refreshed, especially since I'd washed my face with freezing water, so I smiled back at her cheerfully, already knowing that this day was going to be great.

After eating a few bites for breakfast, my father took me to school. My parents were a bit... overprotective, though I never understood why. I didn't get into trouble (that) often, and I had good grades. Heck, I was seventeen and hadn't even smoked! Yes, every single day my dad would take me there and come to pick me up after classes. Of course, I was allowed to go to one of my friends' places and stuff like that, but still. Sometimes I didn't understand why they still acted like I was a pre-schooler.

I got out of the car, only to be greeted by one of my closest friends, Taemin. 'Hi~!' he chirped, hugging me before practically dragging me to my locker. He seemed really... excited about something. I could barely stop him from bouncing up and down.

'Hyung guess what!' he squealed suddenly as I opened my locker and took out some of my books. I stopped and looked at him questioningly, tilting my head to the side when he didn't say anything at first, just looked around quickly. He leant closer to me and grinned before shouting directly into my face.'He asked me out! Can you believe that? He asked me out!' he cheered. This he was Taemin's long-time crush, or better known as Choi Minho. I hadn't really talked to him that much, and I had no idea about what type of person he really was, but Taemin had liked him for a very long time now. And these past months, it seemed like Minho liked him as well. I winced as Taemin went on screaming into my face before pushing him away a bit and grinning at him.

'I'm glad that he did.'I said. As we walked to class, Taemin was jumping up and down, rambling about how romantic and sweet and handsome and a lot of other things Minho was. I listened to the younger patiently, and said something 'clever' when I had to.

Something in the back of my mind told me that this wasn't the only good thing that would happen that day, but as usually, I ignored it, groaning when the teacher entered with our previously written tests in her hand. I barely studied for that one, and I was really worried about the grade I was going to get. So I sighed and watched as she slowly handed them out, smiling when Taemin got a very good grade. I could only hope that mine was going to be a good one too.


AN:

Okay, so... sorry about this chap. guys. I was so happy and cheerful when I started writing it, but I messed it up T.T Before anyone asks, yes, it was Key who knocked Jong off the bed, and it wasn't Jong who sat at the wrong place or something (or he simply sat at the edge of the bed and when Key turned around, he knocked him off easily).

Also, I'm really not satisfied with this chap. but my computer suddenly started doing very weird things while I was writing and I could barely save what I had of the chapter before it kind of... crashed. It made me a bit upset for some reasons, but hopefully it will be fixed soon. So.. yeah, please don't hate me for this chap. *sighs*