Nights Don't Last For Ever

The Stuffed Puppy

AN: Hi guys~ I'm so~ so~ so~ so~ so~ happy xD Why, you might wonder (unless you think that I have finally gone insane, which is highly unlikely. Or at least I think so). SO, this story got 59(!) subs in one day! It means so much to me... Especially since the plot is weird xD

So thanks xD This chapter will be in Jonghyun's P.O.V. The second will possibly be in Kibum's, but it will depend on how I want things to go^^

Ehh, dunno if you'll like this chap., I'm not the best at writing Jonghyun's P.O.V., but I promise to try and improve...


Jonghyun's P.O.V.

I watched him as he left for school, leaving me on his bed. I looked after him longingly, wishing that we were back in those times when he taken me with himself everywhere, even to school. But he was seventeen now, and he never took me anywhere anymore. If I had been able to move, I would have pouted when he ran back to his room to get something, without even looking at me.

But the hours passed quickly, and soon, he was home again. I couldn't have been happier when before everything, he plopped onto his bed and hugged me to his chest tightly. 'Hi Jong...'he said, squeezing me tightly. I wished that I could smile, or to speak to show him that I was glad to see him. But I couldn't.

I was nothing but a toy. And nothing special at that, just a stuffed puppy. Yet Kibum had taken good care of me since he had gotten me, though through the first few years he had the habit to chew on my leg... And even so many years later, everyday when he would come home finally, he would hug me, showing that I was still important to him.

His grip loosened me, and soon, he put me down gently on his pillow, as he always did. He looked at me for a few seconds before grabbing his bag and walking to his desk. He started studying, or at least I think so, since he put me down so I wasn't facing his desk.

The next few hours until his nighttime passed quickly, for which I felt quite lucky. The previous night, I hadn't turned human which meant that this night, I would. And I could barely wait for it. I smiled inwardly as he chatted to someone on his phone, searching for his pajamas. Soon, he disappeared into his bathroom, but not before looking at me again.  Sometimes, I had a feeling that he knew that something was... off with me. That I wasn't just a stuffed puppy. Those times, he would stare at me for a long time, tilting his head to the side. But then he would just shrug and shake his head, laughing at himself.

When he was ready with his usual bath, he came out of the bathroom. He slowly walked to his bed and lay down, hugging me again. 'I had such a long say...'he muttered, probably to himself and not me since he didn't know that I could hear him. He set me down next to him, his long fingers lingering on my head before he closed his eyes, a tiny smile on his lips. Oh, how much I wanted to kiss those perfectly shaped, pink lips. But I knew that I had to wait until I could do it. If I ever had the chance to do so, that is.

He yawned widely and minutes later, he was asleep. He always fell asleep quickly, ever since he had been small. I smiled inwardly once again, and slowly, felt my body starting to change. It seemed like it was my time to change back. I felt that incredibly uncomfortable stretching feeling as my limbs got longer and my fake body changed into that of a living, breathing human's. Fortunately, the change never lasted for long, and a few moments later, I was lying next to Kibum, who as always hadn't noticed that something had happened to me. Sometimes I wanted to wake him up and to at least talk to him. But... I knew that I couldn't. Or maybe I could have done it, if I hadn't been that much of a coward.

I sighed as I slid off his bed and walked to his wardrobe. At the very bottom of it, I had hidden a box of clothes. They were Kibum's but most of them were ones that someone bought for him and didn't fit because they were too good (or he simply disliked them).

I wasn't when changing back, but I liked to change my clothes every once in a while, even though I barely used them for nights, and even that, once in two days. I didn't know why I was cursed with this, being a stuffed toy for most of my life and being a human very rarely, I just knew that I had been like this for a long time.

I knew that I was cursed when I was nineteen, but why? And when exactly had I been nineteen? I could only guess that a lot of years had passed since then. I couldn't even remember who I used to be anymore. Most of the things I could remember were of the times I had 'spent' time with Kibum in my toy form, or in my human form. It's not like I really regretted it. At first, I thought that he was just a little annoying brat who got everything he wanted. But slowly, I realized that he was more than that.

The annoying brat grew up into a beautiful teen. It was hard to believe that the same boy that used to take me to the kindergarten to show me off to his friends was the same, stunning seventeen-year-old who was lying in his bed right now.

I changed into my 'new' clothes and put the others into the box again before walking back to his bed. I sat down and smiled at the peacefully sleeping teenager, wondering how he never woke up to me moving around in his room. 'Maybe he's used to it...'I thought as I brushed some hair out of his eyes.

Sometimes I wondered why I stayed with him even though I had the chance to leave many, many times. Of course, I would have turned into the 'puppy'-form in the morning, but still. I could have just hid or something.

But I didn't want to. I was content with watching him at nights, sometimes listening to him chatting to whoever, or doing whatever. I didn't want to leave because as strange as it sounds, I liked him.

He stirred in his sleep, whispering something incoherent. I smiled and caressed his cheek gently.'Beautiful...'I thought, watching him sleep until the first rays of sun were let into the room and I started to turn back. Because sadly for me, nights didn't last for ever.