"Happy for you"

The Stuffed Puppy

AN: Hi~ I dunno if you'll like this chap or not but whatever xD Actually I haven't even started writing it so I really can't know xDDD


Jonghyun's P.O.V.

A week or so had passed since the day Kibum discovered me and I hadn't changed back into that damned puppy form since then. I should have been happy and everything as finally I could actually talk to Kibum - plus I was alive and not partly, not changing back into a motionless object so often - but I wasn't. The reason was very simple.

I had to hide. Every single time Kibum's parents were home, I had to hide either in his wardrobe which was pretty stuffed with his clothes and now some of mine as he had gone and bought some for me the day after I hadn't changed back (I wanted to go too, but apparently he was going with his friends and he didn't want them to see me yet because he was sure that they would have thought that we were going out - so I didn't really like it, or in his bathroom, which was much bigger, and of course less confined, but there was a higher chance of me being discovered there as locking it would have been quite weird and his mother had the tendency to clean it when she was home. And of course, I had no idea when she would be home.

At nights, I slept next to Kibum, sometimes holding him close to me, sometimes keeping some distance from him. At first, he was pretty skittish but it seemed like he... liked me in a sense. He would usually tell me what had happened on that day on a hushed voice, eyes lighting up when speaking about something nice, and tears escaping them. I'd hold him and tell him that everything was okay. He was quite vulnerable at those times, and even if it only happened like twice when he got into a fight with some guy that was really important to him, my heart would break. But soon, he would cheer up and show me a small, teary smile, thanking me for being there for him.

In a sense, nothing had changed since I became fully human. Well, maybe something did. This time, when he cried, I was hugging him, soothing him, while in the past, he would be the one cradling me to his chest. It was really nice that I could help him, even if this wasn't too much.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a light touch on my shoulder. I was currently lying on Kibum's bed as he had been to school just a few minutes before.

"Hi,"he said, smiling at me. It was obvious that he had a great day. His beautiful, feline eyes were glowing, his pearly white teeth showing as he grinned at me, that cat-like grin I'd loved since he was small,"today was good."He said and sat down next to me, pulling me up.

"What happened to make you so happy?"I asked him, chuckling softly as I ruffled his hair. He glared at me in mocked anger, rolling his eyes a little.

"Well, for one, I got asked out by this girl.."He started, smiling dreamily. "She's quite pretty, you know.."He trailed off, obviously waiting for my reacting. I had no idea what to say. The fact that I liked him a lot was an open secret between us, be he never really said if he liked me or not. The truth was that he barely knew me, but I knew him more than myself, I think. Especially since I couldn't remember my past.

"I... I'm happy for you."I muttered, smiling at him weakly. I think he could see through the fake happiness in my voice though as he sighed softly, turning away.

"You are?He asked. Suddenly, his voice wasn't as happy as it had been. He played with the hem of his white T-shirt, looking at the ground. Something was up, I knew it. Plus, if I really thought about it, he never told me if he liked girls or boys, so I couldn't even be sure if he said yes... Deep down, I hoped that he said no. I wanted to be the one at his side. "I... don't like her, so I said no."He mumbled, looking at me slowly. "I like someone else..."He added.

"I see..."I mumbled. "But then why were you so happy?"I asked him, as the hope of him maybe liking me cheered me up a little. I still hated the sad, longing look in his eyes.

"It was just a nice day."He shrugged a little and stood up. It was like he was waiting for me to say something. The problem was that I had no idea if about what he wanted to hear. He could be quite complicated sometimes. Plus honestly, over the years I'd spent as mostly being a stuffed toy, I had more or less forgotten how to interact with people, or what to say to them. Especially in situations like this.

I watched him as he walked to his desk and sat on his chair, already picking out some of his stuff. I felt a bit guilty, but I had no idea why. It was quite weird, to be honest. But then again, when I was with him everything was weird.

"My parents won't be home tomorrow, so you don't have to hide all day."He said quietly. "And it's Saturday, so I'll be home too.."He added as he started drawing something, the soft sound of the pencil sliding across the paper filling the room.

"What are you drawing?"I asked him curiously as I stepped to him and looked at the paper over his shoulder. There were only a few lines on it yet, but they seemed like they had been planned quite well. I was almost a bit amazed by how he could just draw a few lines and make a picture come to life.

"I don't know."He shrugged, not even looking at me as he continued what he had been doing, drawing a circle then erasing it. He repeated the previous two actions with bigger, then smaller circles and even ovals before he nod a little to himself and drew a line, then another and another one.

I s my arms around his hips, making sure that I wouldn't push him. He tensed, but soon relaxed and continued drawing whatever he wanted, not even saying anything. I had no idea why, but I was sure that I'd hurt him... And I didn't like the fact that I did.


AN: So cliche and boring and bad. Blame it on my busy days and my tiredness. I can barely find the keys on the keyboard. Okkay, no, but still xD