October 14, 2008

Life

 

“Changmin-ah! Changmin-ah!” Jaejoong is jumping excitedly from in front of the stove when he sees Changmin walks down the stairs of their dorm.

“What is it, hyung?” Changmin asks sleepily, “Yunho hyung finally proposes?”

Yoochun snorts because he knows it is one of Chamin’s sarcastic jokes. Yunho lets out a quiet “yah!” and just continues eating Jaejoong’s breakfast without even care. Jaejoong rolls his eyes because he is very used to the Changmin’s words during morning. So, no one can beat Junsu’s innocent reaction.

“Seriously? You’re…gay?!” Junsu gasps, making Yoochun and Changmin laugh because of his purity. “Why am I the only one who don’t know about this?”

“Oh, yeah, Junsu, I’m gay and Yoochun’s a bee,” Jaejoong says while pouring the rice to Changmin’s plate.

Changmins laughs whole-heartedly until Yunho smacks the back of his head. Changmin glares at Yunho but he does not have the guts to fight the leader back in the morning because Yunho is not really a morning person. Then, it is Yoochun’s turn to laugh when Changmin pouts. Yoochun is always the safest one when Dong Bang Shin Ki is fooling around.

“So, Jae hyung, the news…?” Yoochun reminds Jaejoong.

Jaejoong points his index finger to the air like he remembers something so important. He takes off his apron and walks to the table where the other four are siting and eating their breakfast. He sits across Changmin and pulls his plate to his front but ignores it right away.

“Do you remember the model that Siwon brought to on of our comeback stages? Young Hana?” Jaejoong asks with a grin on his face.

Changmin mutters “hmm” while chewing his food and he soon receives a nudge from Yoochun. “Hm, good food, Jaejoong hyung.”

Yah. Do you even hear what I’m saying?” Jaejoong says with a look of annoyance, “Thanks for the compliment but I’m not talking about the food.”

Changmin nods and then grins at him. “Okay, okay, sorry, hyung. What are you trying to tell me?”

“The girl? Young Hana? You remember her?” Junsu tries to help Jaejoong.

“Oh, yeah. What about her? One of you guys is dating her or something?” he asks carelessly.

His four hyungs don’t say anything. They only smile at him like something’s funny is on his face. Changmin notices the weird atmosphere. He looks up from his food and stares at each one of them. His jaw drops.

“Is it Yoochun hyung? Yunho hyung? It can’t be Junsu hyung though because he’s too ridiculous and Jaejoong hyung is just too pretty,” he speaks fast. His curiosity rises up, making him forget about his food. Well, not permanently.

His hyung laughs, except Junsu because he is already on his way to hit Changmin from across the table if not because of Yoochun’s prevention. Junsu sits back and gives them all a mocking laugh. Jaejoong throws his hand on Junsu’s shoulder to calm the man down. But, he is still laughing, so Junsu can’t even feel the support.

“Seriously, who is it?” Changmin whines when no one answers his question.

Jaejoong shrugs. “No one’s dating her, Min-ah…”

“Yet,” Yoochun finishes Jaejoong’s line.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Changmin asks again impatiently.

“They’re trying to match you with her,” Yunho concludes the news.

Changmin’s eyebrows furrow. “What?! Why? No!”

“And why not? I heard she’s a good girl,” Junsu says.

“From what? The TV?” Changmin exclaims, “I’m not dating some random model that doesn’t even live in Korea just because she came to our comeback stage! And you’re not matching me with anybody. None of you!”

“We know you like her,” Yunho speaks calmly.

“Which side are you taking, hyung? You said they on your previous line, not we.” With Changmin, they all have to be so careful at talking because he is so smart. Yunho laughs.

“Oh, Yunho is sorry, he wanted to say that we all are trying to match you with her,” Yoochun smiles innocently at Yunho, then Changmin.

“Anyway, you haven’t said anything about Yunho hyung’s statement,” Junsu leans back to his chair.

Changmin glares at Junsu. “Which statement?” he asks coldly.

“That we all know you like her.”

“I do not!”

“Yes, you do!” Jaejoong replies with the same volume as his.

“What did I do? When did I say that I like her?”

“You know, when she came to our waiting room, you acted differently. You bowed politely like you always do only to someone older than you. You didn’t act so coldly toward her like how you treated new people. You didn’t say sarcastic comments to her or even to us in front of her. Don’t you dare trying to think that we didn’t notice those stuffs,” Junsu leans closer to Changmin from the other side of the table.

Yoochun nods and continues eating his breakfast with Yunho, while Jaejoong, Junsu, and Changmin do not even look at their plates anymore. “You know actions speak louder than words.”

Changmin chuckles coldly. “Is it so wrong to be nice to other people?”

“It’s not,” Yunho answers calmly.

“But it’s weird!” Jaejoong yells.

“Okay, I did act nicer to her, what’s the big deal?!”

“You like her!” Junsu exclaims excitedly.

“You wanted to impress her.” Yoochun shakes his head.

Yunho chuckles lightly and then ruffles Changmin’s hair. “Yoochun asked Siwon for her number.”

Jaejoong pulls a paper from his pocket and slides it to Changmin. Changmin glances at it with ego. “At least, give her a call. Siwon said she is still looking for someone to guide her around.” Jaejoong smiles caringly.

Changmin sighs and gives up. His hyungs are really stubborn when they know what they want. “But we still have our comeback going on until the end of the year and Siwon hyung said that she’s only staying until January. I won’t have time to befriend with her.”

“Use your free time wisely. You can manage to take her heart,” Yoochun winks, his own way to give Changmin a support.

“I’m not taking anybody’s heart, okay? I just wanna be her friend.” Changmin says sternly.

Yoochun puts his hands up in the air as a sign of a mocking surrender. Yunho only chuckles and takes the dishes to the sink. Junsu sings a love song quietly to tease Changmin. Jaejoong smiles in triumph and pulls his plate closer to start eating.

“Isn’t someone supposed to say ‘Thank you, Yoochun hyung. You’re the best.’?” Yoochun asks Junsu.

Changmin laughs lightly. “Yeah, yeah. Thanks, Yoochun hyung. Whatever.”

“You’re the best!” Yunho mocks him.

And the five of them laugh.

Changmin pulls the paper and puts it inside his pocket neatly, trying to do it as slowly as he can so his hyungs don’t notice his movement. Without him knowing, all four of them can see everything so clearly from the tip of their eyes. And the five of them are smiling like fools to their own selves. Finally, their maknae who never had a relationship before is growing up.

The morning is just too nice to be missed. They all decide to go out sooner to grab some coffee before their non-stop schedules. They know it is going to be a long fine day as long as they have each other.

Forever five, they say.

 


Yeay! Double update! I actually tried to make it triple, but it's already 11 pm here in my country and I'm dead tired for babysitting my niece whole day. 

ENJOOOOOOY :D