October 3, 2008

Life

“Drink, Changmin-ah, you’ll get dehydrated.”

Changmin looks up from his seat, still panting so hard to catch the rhythm of his normal breath. The man who told him to drink, Yunho, is not so different either. He is panting and sweating so much, standing tall next to Changmin while leaning at the doorframe. Yoochun throws a bottle of water to Changmin before sitting down next to him. He gives Changmin a small smirk when he drinks the water and leans his back to the wall. Jaejoong is pacing around the room while Junsu is squatting down on the corner of the room.

“It has only been nineteen months and I already feel so old,” Yoochun says. His stylish is standing in front of him while fanning him.

Changmin chuckles. “You are, old man,” he mumbles quietly but he knows that everybody in the room can hear him. Some staffs try to muffle their laughs, so does Junsu.

Yah! What would that make me then?” Jaejoong asked, half panting.

“A grandpa?” Changmin asks innocently. Then, he smiles when he sees Jaejoong are walking towards him.

“Jaejoong-ah, like you don’t know Changmin,” Yunho says, trying his ‘best’ to prevent the fight from where he stands. He does not do much after that because Changmin does fight with Jaejoong, no matter how hard he tries to stop them.

“This comeback is pretty intense though, and how long should we do this? Three months? Oh,” Junsu sighs while standing up and walking towards Yoochun. He sits next to Yoochun. Yoochun smiles reassuringly and pats Junsu’s shoulder.

“Yoochun-ah, can you massage my shoulder since your hand is already on it?” Junsu asks jokingly.

Yoochun rolls his eyes, but he does it anyway. That is what Junsu loves the most from Yoochun. He is so understanding and comforting.

Suddenly, the door is knocked. Everyone looks at the door quietly. One second later the door is opened and Super Junior’s Siwon shows up from behind the door.

“Siwon-ah,” Jaejoong is the first one to greet him.

Siwon gives them all a ninety-degree bow. Even though Jaejoong and Yunho are only a few months older than him, Yoochun is the same age as him, and Junsu and Changmin are a lot younger than him, he still considers them all as his sunbae.

“Hyung,” he says to Jaejoong while approaching him, “I watched your performance. It was really great. Congratulation on your comeback,” he says, hugging Jaejoong, then Junsu, Yoochun, Changmin, and the last one is Yunho.

Neh, thank you so much for watching us, Siwon-ah. Where are the others?” Junsu asks.

Siwon turns his head before answering, like he is waiting for someone to come. He turns back to Junsu and smiles. “I did not come here with the members. I was just done with a photo shoot before and I thought why not come here and watch your performance.”

“Oh, so, you’re here alone?” Yoochun looks up to ask.

He shakes his head. “I came with the other model from my photo shoot. Do you know Young Hana?”

“I know,” Junsu answers right away, receiving attentions from s. He shrugs innocently. “Hey, I watched the TV, okay?”

“Young who?” Yunho turns his attention back to Siwon.

Siwon laughs politely. “Young Hana? The brand-new model that recently got attentions from all around the world because she debuted as a model in New York?”

“Young? Isn’t it a rare Korean name?” Jaejoong tilted his head questioningly.

“Oh, come on, guys! She is called as a Korea’s sweetheart recently? Don’t you just read magazine or watch TV or anything?!” Junsu throw his hands up in frustration.

“We were practicing hard, okay? Unlike you, Junsu hyung,” Changmin speaks for the first time before turning his head back to Siwon, “So, where’s this girl?”

“Oh, she went to the restroom, but I’m worried she doesn’t know how to get here,” Siwon replies with concerns. He turns his head back to the door and waits.

“What’s up with you and her?” Yoochun, the same-age friend, asks with a naughty smile on his face, getting Siwon’s attention back.

Siwon waves his hand and laughs lightly. “She moved to America from Seoul when she was ten and only visited Korea twice a year. She just doesn’t really get used to the surrounding here yet. She asked me to take her around to get to know everything here. She’s taking a break from college and staying here until next January. She said she misses her hometown.”

“Poor girl,” Jaejoong says.

The five of them nodded at the same time as a pretty young girl knocks the door. She bows at everyone in the room politely before turning her attention to Siwon. Her long black hair is tied ponytail and she gives the room an image of a cute innocent little girl. She is so young, probably younger than Changmin, the youngest among the band and even the staffs.

“It was a really good performance. Congratulation on your comeback,” she says innocently while bowing again.

Doesn"t she get tired from bowing continuously? Changmin smiles.

“Ah, thank you very much,” Yoochun is the first one to react. He tries to stand up, but Junsu’s hand holds him down. Junsu gives an awkward laugh to him. Hold it, Cassanova, I should be moving first.

Yunho smiles at the way Junsu and Yoochun act. He looks at Young Hana’s confused expression before walking toward her. He held out his hand, waiting for her to shake it. Hana does shake it with a sweet smile.

“Jung Yunho, the leader of those stupid unmannered boys,” Yunho introduces himself first, and he starts to point at s, “that’s Kim Jaejoong, our lead vocal. Those kids are Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun. And that impolite person is our maknae, Shim Changmin.”

“Why am I the impolite one?” Changmin protests quietly.

Yunho does not even turn around even though he heard it. He keeps showing his gum smile on his face to Hana, like no one says anything.

Hana bows again to Yunho. “I am Young Hana, you can call me Hana and I know who you are. I am a fans of you since your debut.”

“You know us since our debut?” Jaejoong asked with a surprise tone, “Siwon said you live in America since you were ten?”

Hana smiles. “I’ve been trying hard to keep update about the news in my country.”

Jaejoong laughs. “Good girl. I’m Jaejoong by the way.”

Yunho looks at the other three. “Yah! Aren’t you guys gonna say something to her?”

Junsu and Yoochun stand up abruptly. “I’m Yoochun and this is Junsu.”

“We have heard about you- Oh, well, I have heard a lot about you,” Junsu says with a huge grin on his face. He looks like a teenager again.

“Yeah, he heard a lot about you from TV,” Yoochun snorts, receiving cute giggles from Hana

Then, she looks at Changmin, expecting him to say something directly to her. Changmin notices that. He is always the quiet one when they meet new people. No wonder why other people’s first impression of him is rude. He usually does not care about what people say about him, but, somehow, he does not want this girl to think badly towards him. So, Changmin smiles warmly, stands up, and bows politely, surprising the other members for the unusual attitude.

“I’m Changmin. It’s very nice to meet you, Young Hana-shi.”

“It’s really nice to meet you too, Shim Changmin-shi.”

Hana knows one thing, that her first impression of Shim Changmin is not bad. At all.

While Changmin notices one other thing, that he likes his first impression of her too. But, he, especially, likes her smile.