Blame Game

Battle of the Ships

 

Chanyeol blinked and grinned. “Tao!”

The black-haired teen was a foot away, back facing the incessantly happy rapper and knees drawn up.

“Wow, I slept for a long time, huh?” The korean continued, shading his eyes from the few rays hitting his face from behind rather large leaves. “Good morning, sun!”

Tao was silent.

“Hey, you okay?” Chanyeol watched as the figure breathed in and out. “Oh, are you still asleep?” He grinned and sang, “Wake up, Tao!”

His bandmate winced.

Chanyeol frowned. “Hey, you okay?” What was wrong with Tao? Obviously he wasn't still sleeping, and he wouldn't look at Chanyeol. Maybe his hair was just messed up or he still smelled like seaweed or–

Chanyeol gasped.

“NO.”

Tao jumped.

“It got you, didn't it?” Chanyeol asked hesitantly, eyes wide and hands covering his mouth. “Oh, god. Tao, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I thought it was alright if I fell asleep. But, how bad is it? Are you turning gray? Do you have claws yet?” He hugged Tao to his chest.

The younger man choked.

Chanyeol sobbed. “It's okay. They said we could call it off whenever, right? If we get them here in time, they might be able to help you. Oh, Tao. I'm so sorry. I never wanted this to happen to you.” He gently patted the other's hair. “First Billy, and now you.”

Tao flailed his way out of Chanyeol's grip and stood.

The brunet watched as his bandmate turned away.

Tao started back towards the beach.

Chanyeol stood up as his hand was yanked forward. He stumbled messily into an awkward walk behind Tao, his frown increasing when he saw their destination.

Tao didn't stop when they reached the sand.

“Stop!” Chanyeol screeched, trying to tug the muscled junior backward to no avail. “Don't let them win! You can do it, I know you have it in you! Don't go toward the ocean. Stay away. If you touch it, you die and the gray things eat you.”

Tao put one soggy shoe into the ocean.

Chanyeol tackled him from the side.

“DON'T DO IT.”

With a growl, Tao worked himself out of the grip and rolled off into a small oncoming wave.

Chanyeol held an arm up helplessly. “Tao, don't! People love you! If you go? Who will save you? You'd drag me down with you and we'd both die and then EXO would only be ten people and I don't think that'd be good for calendars next year.”

Tao gave no response.

Chanyeol figured that he should probably elaborate. “Well, you know, since there's twelve months in a year and everyone had a month but if there were ten, then that wouldn't happen. I mean, they could just do two group shots instead. But that would look weird since it would just be Kris as the tallest and–“

“WHY.”

Chanyeol shrank back, letting go of the younger. “Something wrong?”

Tao just glared.

“Is that an answer because I don't–“

“Yes, something's wrong.”

Chanyeol frowned and stood, watching as Tao did the same, grimacing at his wet shirt. Hugging himself in an attempt to keep warm, Chanyeol patiently waited for the other to continue.

“I am stuck with you,” Tao began, stabbing a long digit in Chanyeol's face. “Not only that, but we are stranded on an Island, and–“

“Well, not really stranded.”

“-I don't want to be anywhere near you.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol gave a low whistle. “Ouch.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Always so oblivious.”

“Was that sarcastic or–“

Of course. Of course that was sarcastic.” Tao held Chanyeol's gaze for a moment before turning away to stare at the waves, shaking his head in disbelief.

Chanyeol huffed. “Okay. No need to be upset.”

Tao's head whips back around. He looks Chanyeol up and down.

Chanyeol's about to apologize for whatever he said that was deemed intolerable by Tao when he's tackled to the ground and rendered speechless by two large hands around his neck.

“It's always you! Why is it always you?”

Chanyeol makes a gurgling noise, not because he's being strangled, but because he doesn't know what's going on. With a bit of effort, he flips Tao over so that he's pressing him into the sand. “What are we talking about?”

Tao snarled, clawing at Chanyeol, one hand restricted by the handcuffs. “Right after we finish a long day I think that it's great, you know? Because he's going to spend some time with just me now. But he goes straight to you. Why?”

Chanyeol blinked. “... who?”

Tao let out another animalistic noise and pushed Chanyeol onto his back, hands returning to his neck.

Chanyeol lets out a long sigh, like he's entertaining a petulant child.

Tao's eyes narrowed and he planted his feet in the ground, refusing to be flipped again. “You know what else? You two even stand next to each other.”

“You know, this would be a great conversation if we both knew who we were talking about.”

“You two even sang together.”

“I sing with a lot of people. That doesn't really help.”

“Why is it always you standing next to him?”

“Just give me a letter or something.”

“You're not even in the same group.”

“Oh, I can work with that,” Chanyeol nodded to himself. “So you're talking about... Luhan?”

“What. No.” Tao blinked. “Kris. I'm talking about Kris.”

“Oh. Yeah. That would make sense, because I stand next to him on shows. And Two Moons. Okay.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Yeah. So back off.”

“Hey. Stop being a jerk.”

While Tao sputtered at the remark, trying to think of a comeback, Chanyeol tugged Tao to the side and kneeled over him, holding those lethal arms at either sides of his head. Tao glared up at him, and Chanyeol smiled in response.

“Surely we can share?” He asked playfully.

“No.”

“Oh,” Chanyeol frowned. “Well, I mean, Kris is a person, too. He should just hang out with whoever he wants to hang out with.”

“He wants to 'hang out' with me,” Tao spat, writhing in the hold and trying to glare a hole straight through the blond giant. “Besides,” he sighed, stilling, “it's not like I have anyone else.”

Chanyeol gaped at the change in character. “Um, you have Luhan?”

“Xiumin ge has Luhan.”

“Chen?”

“Ha.”

“Baekhyun.”

“Are you kidding me? Have you not noticed that you two share a room?”

“Um... Sehun?”

Tao just stared back.

Chanyeol groaned. “Come on, help me out here. Give me a name or something, I don't know who you spend time with.”

“Kris.”

“There has to be someone else.”

Tao firmly shook his head. “Duizhang is the only one.” He freed his hands and landed a light punch to Chanyeol's head, freeing his arms. “So I need you out of the picture.”

Chanyeol stared at the younger. “Maybe if you weren't such an introvert,” he hissed through clenched teeth, “this wouldn't be a problem.”

Tao stilled. “Is there anything else you'd like to say?”

“Actually, yeah. While you're at it, you need to take out whatever's jammed up your–“

Tao pushed Chanyeol to the side, taking the chance to stand, but Chanyeol had effectively tangled their legs together, so Tao only ended up sprawled on the beach, sand covering his face and hair. Chanyeol twisted and held him down while Tao shouted curses at him. As they transitioned into Chinese, Chanyeol began voicing his extreme displeasure of Tao speaking the language when he, a native korean, was right there. Tao acknowledged the other by becoming louder.

The shouting ceased when a bush crackled.

Both men turned to stare at the blooming plant, wondering what was going on. Chanyeol lost his footing and fell onto the ground beside Tao.

The static grew louder until finally a chirpy voice greeted, “good morning!”

 



A/N: Ah. Well. Yeah. (and did I just stare at this for 30 minutes? yes. yes I did. Well done, Hannah.)
It's 2am and it's SillyAh's 17th birthday. So if you read her taoris and/or you want to say happy birthday or something, go for it. I think it'd make her happy. :) Also she's adorable.

So. News of the week: Kris's hair. Black. Shaved sides. (only fannaccounts though so idk.) But black. BLACK. YES.

My house is making funny noises and I just want to bury myself in a really long fic right now but I don't have any and all the rec sites only have the big-names. :( If anyone wants to rec anything, I will love you forever. 
That's about it. I really want to have a twist or an actual good plot so I stared at this for like 3 hours and I cOULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING and it just makes me so upset. 

Creativity tomorrow. 

Taohun now.

Also Valentines Day happened so horrible pick-up line by Peniel time? I think yes.

ohmygod these things are always so long I'm really sorry I love you okaybye. <3