Welcome to the Life of a Roommate

Battle of the Ships

 

Sehun didn't realize that he had his arms and legs locked around Yixing until he opened his eyes.

“The hell?”

“No, stop,” Yixing argued calmly, using one hand to adjust Sehun's legs around his waist. “You fall, you die. Just wait till we hit the ground.”

Sehun begrudgingly agreed, hissing when the wind hit his face and turning to bury himself in warmth, shying away from the harsh breeze.

He felt rather than heard Yixing chuckle and froze. What.

“Scared?”

Sehun blinked and saw a black tee. He was still a second more before flailing and trying to get as far away from Yixing as possible.

“Wait, stop,” Yixing hissed as Sehun landed a kick to his back. “Stay still!”

Sehun hissed and stilled, gritting his teeth when Yixing began trailing his fingers up and down Sehun's back in a way that he supposed was supposed to be reassuring. Well, at least if he closed his eyes, he could pretend it was someone else. Yixing even smelled almost like Lu-

What.

No.

Sehun was an extremely manly, extremely straight teen. He definitely didn't like any of his bandmates. They were annoying and short and who liked soccer anyway?

“We're done, but if you want to keep clinging to me, that's okay.”

Sehun scoffed and released his hold on the other man, turning and taking a step away, crossing his arms. He didn't cling.

Yixing laughed and folded the parachute, using small motions so as to not tug Sehun's arm from its place.

Sehun spun in place when he heard something hit the ground and watched as the parachute landed beside a sparse bush. He his heel and looked around. There was a beach. And trees. He had no idea where he was.

With a small grunt, Sehun started forward, hands balled into fists by his side.

Yixing followed dutifully behind, whistling a tune.

“Could you not?”

“What?”

Sehun tried to send a menacing glare over his shoulder, but Yixing only smiled, so Sehun figured it wasn't very scary. “Stop whistling.”

“Why?”

“I don't like it when people whistle,” Sehun answered, turning back and walking some more, hands digging deep into his jean pockets.

Yixing smiled, allowing himself to be dragged along, left hand ahead of him due to the handcuff. “Luhan whistles.”

Sehun tripped on air. “Yeah, well... he's different.”

Yixing hummed, staring at the ocean. “I see.”

Sehun walked the length of the beach, turning to scale some rocks as the sun set. Yixing following dutifully, hissing as he grazed his hand on a jutting structure, then sighing when Sehun payed him no mind.

They stopped to rest when the last few rays of sun lit up the sky. Sehun said nothing and maintained a set distance from Yixing, so the Chinese man didn't say anything either.

It was only when Sehun was peeling something he'd pulled from a tree that Yixing spoke up.

“Sehun.”

Sehun flipped the orange sphere onto its other side and continued to peel.

“Sehun.”

The teen bared his teeth and ripped a strip of skin off the fruit.

“Sehun.”

He hissed as some juice hit his arm and he shook it off.

“Sehun.”

“WHAT.”

“I'm tired.”

Sehun turned with a long string of words in mind, but stopped when he saw Yixing. The man had a large pair of bags under his eyes that hadn't been there a couple hours ago. His hair was tousled in a way that didn't fit him at all and he had grime smudged on his cheek.

“Well, tough luck.”

Yixing gaped.

Sehun went back to peeling.

It was silent for a couple of minutes.

“Sehuna.”

“Don't call me that.”

“Sehuna.”

Sehun looked up and shot Yixing the deadliest glare he could manage.

Yixing took that as a response. “I'm really tired.” He went on before Sehun could turn away and ignore him again, “please.”

Sehun sighed. “Fine.”

“Wait, really?”

“Yeah, I'm tired of hearing you complain,” Sehun groaned, stepping over a twig and starting away from the rocks.

Yixing grinned and pursed his lips.

“What did I say about whistling?”

“That you loved it,” Yixing announced with a chuckle.

Sehun rolled his eyes and lifted a branch out of his way.

They walked until the sky was completely dark and Sehun was taking cautionary steps forward, worried about tripping and making himself look stupid in front of Yixing.

Yixing was just about to ask if they could stop when Sehun paused and walked in a circle around a confused Yixing.

“This good enough for you?”

“This is great.” Yixing grinned and flopped onto his back, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

Sehun lowered himself onto the ground, crossing his legs and going back to peeling his dinner. He finished with a triumphant cry and ripped off the first piece to eat. Even in the dark, he could feel chestnut eyes trained on the back of his head.

He turned, but couldn't make out Yixing. He sighed. “You want some?”

“Please.”

Sehun broke off another piece, holding it out to where he supposed Yixing was lying. He froze when his arm was gripped and a hand trailed down to the piece of fruit, gently peeling back his fingers and then patting his arm in thanks.

Sehun flinched when he heard a moan. He drew his legs up and placed his chin on his knees, nibbling on his food, not nearly as hungry as he was a couple minutes ago. He tried to think about something else. Gee, that moon was bright and why in the world did Yixing and Luhan smell alike?

“Hold the phone.”

Yixing blinked. “Hmm?”

“You and Luhan share a room, right?”

“That is general knowledge, yes.”

Sehun sneered. “I don't like sarcasm.”

“I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.”

Sehun gritted his teeth and stuffed the rest of the fruit into his mouth. “You .”

Yixing grinned in the darkness.

Sehun wiped the juices from the fruit onto what felt like a leaf and flopped onto his back, hoping that today had just been a really bad nightmare and Suho would be waking him up in a couple of minutes with promises of hot chocolate and breakfast by Kyungsoo.

A twig broke in the dark. Sehun flinched.

Wait.

Yixing.

Right.

Sehun rolled his eyes at himself and tried to get as comfortable as one could when lying on the ground.

He heard another crack and then felt something land on his chest.

Okay, he reasoned, in the middle of remembering how to breathe, just calm down. Count to ten.

One.

Two.

Three.

An arm wound itself around his waist.

“THE HELL?”

“Luhan and I do this,” Yixing answered drowsily. “You were just asking about it and I thought...” He sighed, “I can–“

“No,” Sehun interrupted, “this is... okay. I can do this.” He tentatively placed a hand in Yixing's hair and took a deep breath. If Luhan could do this, why couldn't he? He scoffed at himself and closed his eyes, waiting for Suho to wake him up. “Just a bad dream,” he muttered under his breath.

Yixing hid his grin in Sehun's chest.



A/N: 

HI TO NEW SUBSCRIBERS I PROMISE I'M NOT USUALLY THIS LAZY 

Okay, so this is me showing that I didn't die... or forget about this. 
So, that's the first day! It only took me... 3 months (ohmygod I at this).

But, update because Sehun graduated.

SOBS. MY BABY'S GROWING UP.

But yeah. ing. OTP. Yes. 
Also, taorisxing feels and there's not enough of that in the world so I might write a oneshot or something.

      

Yes. OT3. I ship it like fedex.

Right. Okay. Done. Here's a heart for putting up with me: <3