08; Junmyeon

Powers Are A Pain In The

08; Junmyeon

 

"Do you love water?"

"Duh, of course."

"Great! Then you already love 72.8% of me."


a. Flooding the dorms

 

No one except Junmyeon knows the true woes of being a leader. Junmyeon is pretty tired of having to deal with eleven other members everyday. What he likes even less is the fact that none of the members listen to him, that makes him wonder sometimes if his power was invisibility instead. He was their leader after all; the members had to show him some basic respect, right? 

 

"Hey guys," Junmyeon burst into the dorm one day, waving something in his hands excitedly. "Guess what, we're..." 

 

What he saw before him was enough to make him sigh in despair. The members were sprawled around the room, chatting amongst each other. Junmyeon's eyes travelled from one side of the room to the other—Tao, Sehun and Jongin were in a group sprawled on the sofa, Minseok, Luhan and Kris, the hyungs, were huddled next to the dining table; Chanyeol, Yixing, Jongdae and Kyungsoo were sitting on the floor.

 

"Guys!" He called out, a little louder and more urgently. No one heard him (or if they did, they pretended not to.) 

 

"Guys," he called out one last time, albeit a little desperately. Before, he had tried numerous times to assert his authority, but they had all failed. Junmyeon guessed he had only his kindly demeanour to blame.

 

"Yes, we're listening," Jongin said, without even looking at him. None of the members were.

 

"Great," Junmyeon exclaimed. (This was the best he could expect.)

 

"So this here is an invitation I just got to the Seoul Music Awards. They're expecting us to perform a special stage, of course, and we'll need to start practising right away..." He trailed off when he realised that nobody was paying attention.

 

"Let's perform Wolf!" Chanyeol shouted all of a sudden, in his deep, booming voice. Jongin winced and covered his ears.

 

"No, Growl is the song that is more popular with fans," Luhan and Minseok objected.

 

"But I like Wolf," Chanyeol pouted. "I like the part in the tree where I get to claw the floor."

 

"I like MAMA too, but we ain't gonna perform that," Jongdae sneered.

 

"Guys, the company has actually already asked us to perform a remix—"

 

"History! I like History!" Tao exclaimed eagerly, while Sehun conked him on the head with a pillow. 

 

The ruckus in the dorm amplified to almost uncontrollable levels. Members were screaming and yelling at each other about what to perform, completely disregarding their leader who was grabbing his hair in frustration.

 

"Enough!" Junmyeon shrieked. The members only looked up when they felt something wet that was engulfing their feet. They looked down and barely a second later eleven manly screams pierced the air.

 

Every inch of the dorm floor was covered with water and the level was fast rising at an exponential rate. One look at Junmyeon told the members that he was the one responsible for it; he was shooting water out of both hands.

 

"Stop, hyung! Are you crazy?" Sehun shrieked. He was currently crowding on the sofa, along with six other members who were all trying to get as far away from the water as possible. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo just sighed resignedly. 

 

"Well, if we drown, Junmyeon will be the first to die anyway," Luhan shrugged. 

 

"Hey!" Junmyeon yelled indignantly, and the water flow stopped. "Promise me you'll listen to me."

 

"Okay, okay! Whatever you do, just don't wet the floor anymore! My precious clothes will be ruined!" Tao whined. 

 

"I told you to keep your clothes properly!" Sehun protested, but was met with a harsh kick in the shins. Already, pantlegs were in various degrees of wetness, shoes were soaking wet and the members were squelching around in wet shoes, none looking too pissed.

 

"Look, you've turned our dorm into a swimming pool," Kris said bitterly.

 

"Hey, speaking of which," Chanyeol's eyes lit up and the members sensed something ominous in the way his grin was wider than usual, "could you release more water? I feel like going swimming."

 

"No!“ Jongin yelled while vehemently shaking his head. At the same time, Junmyeon raised an eyebrow. Yixing shot Chanyeol a judging look. Junmyeon lifted up his arms and with a few waves, the water disappeared magically. Perhaps it evaporated. 

 

"Aww," Chanyeol pouted, mildly disappointed. 

 

b. Portable water cooler

 

EXO were in the dance room practising hard for their imminent performance. As Junmyeon (as well as their manager) had told them time and time again, the stage was going to be shared with various big-name celebrities both local and international, and therefore it was of utmost importance that they had their performance perfected, down to each pop, lock and turn. 

 

Everyone understood it, of course, but it was hard executing the plan when there were twelve members with different needs that needed to be catered to. And when Junmyeon had to stop the music for the eighteenth time that afternoon, because Baekhyun complained that he'd stubbed his toe and Sehun had subsequently stepped on him, worsening his injury ("I did not!" the maknae protested indignantly. When the members ignored him, Sehun started lamenting about "the absence of justice in the world".), Junmyeon started questioning his sanity. 

 

He wasn't sure whether it was a blessing or a curse to be assigned leader of EXO. Sure, he could get Kris to help out if he needed, but the lanky leader of EXO-M was so laidback about everything that it wouldn't be of much use. 

 

"If you guys are done resting, could we—"

 

"We haven't drank a drop of water since our water bottles became empty," Minseok pointed out, finger pointing at the various empty water bottles littering the practice room. 

 

"And that was at least an hour ago," Luhan supplied helpfully. He would have to tell Luhan and Minseok something about finishing each other's sentences, Junmyeon thought, it was getting on his nerves. 

 

"We are dehydrated and dying," Jongdae said tonelessly.

 

"Alright, I'll refill your water bottles," Junmyeon conceded. "But only if you guys practice doubly hard for the next hour."

 

Yixing, who was lying on the floor, lifted a water bottle to him. Junmyeon closed his eyes and water started shooting out of everywhere and nowhere, and within seconds the water bottle was filled without a single drop of water on the floor. Jongin passed him another bottle, and so did Tao, and before long Junmyeon had filled each bottle up to the brim.

 

"Happy now?" Junmyeon muttered under his breath as the members gulped down the refreshing liquid.

 

"More please," Yixing demanded as he passed the empty bottles to Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon pinched the bridge of his nose to prevent himself from exclaiming in frustration.

 

c. Plant saviour

 

"Hyung, can I ask you for a favour?" Kyungsoo asked one day, entering Junmyeon's room with a troubled expression on his face.

 

"Sure, shoot away," Junmyeon shrugged. 

 

"I need your help," Kyungsoo paused, "to water my plant." 

 

Junmyeon almost had to do a double take when he heard it, but the sincere look in his eyes proved to him that Kyungsoo was not lying.

 

"And why is that?" Junmyeon asked cautiously. As far as he remembered, Kyungsoo had never asked him to water his plant before. Junmyeon wondered briefly about the reason for this sudden and strange request, before Kyungsoo spoke.

 

"It's dying," he said sadly, "and it told me that the only way it can live is with your magical water."

 

"What," Junmyeon deadpanned. Never in his life had he heard a more ridiculous request. (Well, maybe except that one time when Tao asked him to wash his underwear, but that was a different story altogether.)

 

"It says so. I don't know why either," Kyungsoo sighed. 

 

"Where's the plant?" Junmyeon demanded. He was slightly offended by Kyungsoo being unimpressed with his plant's choice. Kyungsoo shot him a look that said "calm down, dude" but Junmyeon was too busy being annoyed at Kyungsoo to care.

 

Kyungsoo motioned for Junmyeon to follow him, and led the latter into a corner of his room where the plant was. The plant was yellow, drooping, and, if Junmyeon dared to say it, sad. Perhaps it knew it was dying. Kyungsoo always said it was a very intelligent plant.

 

Junmyeon closed his eyes, channelling the force deep inside him. Water started flowing from his fingertips, to the plant. Kyungsoo watched the whole process with rapt attention. Miraculously, the plant turned green bit by bit, springing back to life. A few minutes later, the plant was lush and green again. 

 

Junmyeon stole a look at Kyungsoo and couldn't believe the way the latter beamed like he just won the lottery. Junmyeon smiled too, unintentionally, as Kyungsoo's face lit up as he caressed his plant. 

 

"Thank you, hyung," Kyungsoo half-whispered. He was gripping on to the pot of the plant so tightly that Junmyeon was afraid it would break. But then Junmyeon smiled back, because the amount of happiness on Kyungsoo's face was worth more than any form of gratitude.

 

"You're very welcome, Kyungsoo-ah," Junmyeon said affectionately, before quietly slipping out of the younger's room to leave him with his plant. No matter how ridiculous it was, he had saved Kyungsoo's precious plant, and it was all that mattered. 

 

(Later, when the members started giving him cheesy nicknames such as Plantman and Plant Protector and King of the Plants, Junmyeon started to think that it might've been a better idea to just let the plant die.) 


A/N:

A more recent update! Yay! Sorry for the ridiculousness in this one OTL

Comment on what you think of the story so far, and suggest someone for the next chapter! (We have Kai, Luhan, Lay, and Tao left.)