13; Manager

Powers Are A Pain In The

13; Manager

 

"I want to resign."


Being EXO's manager seemed like all glamour and glory, but never did Youngjun regret his decision so much. If he were given a second chance he would be out of SM in an instant. But he had been young, stupid and made rash decisions. It was incredible that his hair hadn't all fallen out due to stress yet.

 

Today was a horrendous day. The previous day, Youngjun had already told Kris that there was to be strictly no disappearing from the dorms, as they had a very tight schedule and couldn't afford to have members go missing. Then he woke up today to find Kris missing, with eyewitnesses Kyungsoo and Baekhyun reporting that he'd flown to Taiwan. Youngjun felt his head about to split open. 

 

"I need a glass of water," Youngjun groaned, rubbing his temples. Sitting on the floor in the living room, he was surrounded by Junmyeon, Jongdae, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Junmyeon immediately filled a cup with water running out of his fingertips. Youngjun eyed it warily, but gratefully took a few sips anyway.

 

A strong gust of wind blew through the door and some of the water splashed onto his nose. In waltzed Sehun, sheepishly rubbing his head. "Sorry," he apologised, not looking the least bit sorry at all.

 

"What's the problem? Why is Youngjun-hyung looking all upset?" Chanyeol came in, bouncing a fireball on his hand.

 

"Kris-hyung disappeared. Again," Baekhyun supplied.

 

"Aww, that ." Chanyeol went to sit beside Baekhyun and the latter nuzzled into him, glowing a bright orange. 

 

"Oh god no, save the fireworks for when Kris is back," Youngjun complained. 

 

"It's okay hyung, just—"

 

"AHHHH!" Youngjun shrieked. Chanyeol had placed his hand on the manager's shoulder in an attempt to be reassuring, completely forgetting about the blazing fireball.

 

Oops.

 

Youngjun was smouldering and Minseok, who'd heard the cries, quickly ran over.

 

"Some cold might help," he said, using his hands to create a thin layer of frost on the burn.

 

"Ow!" Youngjun screamed even louder. The burn, now turned a dark shade of purple and was sizzling scarily.

 

"Man, we should've called Yixing instead," Minseok said regretfully. It was a tad too late, though. "Yixing!"

 

The man walked out of his room a few seconds later, looking very confused. "What is it?"

 

"Help heal me," Youngjun was quick to ask. The pain was becoming unbearable.

 

"It looks really bad," Yixing commented as he lay his hands on the wound. A bright light that could rival Baekhyun's glowed and soon enough, the wound was no more. Youngjun rubbed his shoulder, thankful that his skin was flawless once more.

 

Jongdae strolled leisurely into the living room with a hint of nonchalance about him. "What's going on?" He playfully whacked Youngjun on the shoulder, which caused him to be seized by a brief electric shock. Looking at Youngjun's stricken expression, Jongdae was only mildly apologetic. 

 

"Great. Now I'd better call Jongin to let him fetch Kris back." No sooner had these words tumbled out of his mouth had Jongin appeared in the living room.

 

"Speak of the devil," Sehun muttered, as Youngjun's deathly pale face showed just how mentally weak he was.

 

"Jongin... how many times do I have to tell you... not to teleport in front of me!" Youngjun squeaked.

 

"Sorry about that, Youngjun-hyung." Jongin bowed his head in apology.

 

"Anyway, go find Kris and bring him back. Okay?"

 

"Sure. Kyungsoo-hyung, mind helping?" 

 

The earth trembled a bit as Kyungsoo lay down to pinpoint where Kris was.

 

"Taichung. He's in Taichung," he informed.

 

Jongin made an OK sign with his fingers and disappeared in an instant. Moments later, Jongin reappeared with Kris.

 

"Hey guys, look what I bought for you!" Kris waved around a bag in his hands excitedly. The members gathered close to take a look—there was a nicely designed box inside of it. Kris took it out, placed it on the floor and slowly opened it proudly. There were dozens and dozens of pineapple tarts, famous delicacies from Taiwan.

 

"Oh, I want one!" The members pushed and shoved but when they opened the box, it was mysteriously empty. They stared at one another for a moment, in confusion, before all of them slowly swivelled their heads to look at Tao, the yellow crumbs on the edge of his mouth the only telltale sign of what had transpired.

 

"Tao! You cheater!" yelled Jongdae, who lunged at him, grabbing his shirt, causing a jolt of electricity to pass through the Chinese boy. Luhan looked at all the pillows around him, lifting them up with his mind and sent them to whack Tao's head alternately. As the quarrel turned into a full-out brawl, Youngjun sighed and rubbed his throbbing temples.

 

He wanted to resign.

 


A/N:

Extremely short chapter featuring EXO's manager! Their manager's name is Tak Youngjun, and this is him. Some of you were expecting me to write a chapter on the manager's powers, but I thought I'd write one on how he reacts and deals with their powers instead. Hope this is funny too! And this marks the end of the Powers series! It's been what, two years since I wrote the first chapter and I honestly can't believe all the support I've gotten. Thank you all! 

 

(On a side note, I'll be taking a hiatus from fanfic writing and from fandom, with all the chaos happening recently, I'll probably wait until things calm down before writing more. See you in 2015!)