11; Tao

Powers Are A Pain In The

11; Tao

 

"Take your time, or rather, I'll take your time."


a. Pranks galore

 

It wasn't considered strange that EXO members would mysteriously find random objects disappearing while they were using them. Especially not when Tao was around. 

 

One day Junmyeon was shaving in the toilet, humming happily to himself. They had just successfully completed their album showcase. In between plane flights, rehearsals, and broadcasts, it had been a while since he (or anyone else, for that matter) last shaved. He was relishing the fact that he was able to cleanse his face, slowly dragging the razor up and down his chin when all of a sudden, the razor disappeared from his hands. Confused, Junmyeon blinked, peering around to see whether he could've dropped it in his hazy state. Nope. There was nothing on the floor. Junmyeon stepped out of the bathroom and looked around, but couldn't see anyone. It's worth mentioning that Junmyeon hadn't been sleeping for the past twelve hours and so sleep deprivation probably fogged his brain. It simply didn't occur to him that Tao was the obvious culprit. 

 

Tao, after making off with Junmyeon's razor, resumed time and was disappointed at Junmyeon's mild reaction. The latterjust took out another razor and started shaving again. He was irked. He looked at the clock and the clock stopped moving. So did everything else around him. Enveloped in stillness, Tao went over to Junmyeon, frozen in place in the toilet, hand hovering in the process of shaving his right cheek. Tao sniggered and pilfered the razor from his grasp. He then glanced at the clock and time resumed again. 

 

"Wait... what happened to my shaver again?" Tao heard Junmyeon mumble. He snickered quietly to himself.

 

Junmyeon went over to get another razor but realised that he had no more. Dejectedly, he trudged back into the toilet. The lather made a foam beard around his mouth. Turning on the tap, Junmyeon rinsed his face clean and rubbed his chin, sadly realising that only half his face was shaved. 

 

"Oh no... I can't appear in front of my fans like this," Junmyeon wailed. "I look like a homelsess beggar."

 

Jongdae, always so helpful, offered cheerfully, "You look , hyung."

 

"I know," Junmyeon agreed.

 

Chanyeol pranced into the living room and gasped at their leader. "What are we gonna do about your airport fashion later, hyung?" he tutted sympathetically.

 

Obviously, no one offered him a razor.

 

"You could go for the hobo concept, I bet it'll look great on you," Sehun proffered lazily from his spot on the sofa.

 

"I have something I think you might appreciate," Yixing said sagely. He retreated into his room and before long, came out holding a garish and bizarrely-coloured mask. Junmyeon eyed it doubtfully.

 

"It's so... colourful," he commented at last, staring in a mixture of horror and fascination at the multitude of rainbows and unicorns on the mask.

 

"I think it suits you, hyung," Tao remarked innocently.

 

"Really?" Junmyeon's eyes brightened. He always valued the younger's opinions on fashion.

 

"Yeah," Tao confirmed.

 

Junmyeon readily accepted the mask from Yixing, with a 'Thanks' that conveyed his immense gratitude. That was the reason why hours later, horrific images and reports of EXO's leader's fashion disaster were splashed across every newspaper in the country.

 

b. Extra time

 

Tao had been using his power to his advantage since young. During exams, he'd stop time so that he'd have more time to answer his papers. Now older, Tao used his power for less dishonest, albeit still questionable, purposes.

 

EXO were leaving for Beijing in a few minutes, and Tao had not gotten ready. His face was bare, his wardrobe ransacked, and his hair in a mess.

 

"Hurry! We have to leave in a few minutes," reminded Luhan from the living room. He glanced nervously at Tao, then the clock, then at Tao, repeating the process over and over. He had been tasked to keep and eye on the younger, with the managers and the other members filing out of the dorm.

 

"We'll go grab a bite at the nearest restaurant first," their manager had said. "Meet us there by 2 pm, then we'll leave for the airport."

 

Now, it was less than five minutes till they had to leave, and Tao was yet to be ready.

 

"I can't find anything decent to wear," Tao wailed in despair, sinking back onto the floor.

 

"Just pick anything, we don't have time!" Luhan cried. "It's not a runway, for goodness' sake!"

 

"The world is my runway," Tao said defiantly.

 

Luhan, unable to keep still any longer, walked over to Tao's room to help him pick an outfit. In a last-ditch attempt, Tao looked at the clock, and the ticking hands froze. Luhan was rooted to the floor, in the middle of a stride, and Tao heaved a sigh of relief. He continued rummaging through his large collection of clothes until he picked a sleeveless graphic shirt, denim jeans and paired it with a single earring.

 

Tao then hummed lightly as he made his way to the toilet to wash his face. With Luhan's incessant nagging stopped, Tao revelled in the peace and quiet of the dorm. He washed his face with water three times before following a series of complicated skin care procedures that Kris had taught him, which were supposed to improve the colour and tone of his skin. 

 

Satisfied, he then proceeded to pack his bag. First went in a bunch of shoes, then clothes, then soft toys because he was scared at night, then books to make him seem knowledgeable in the event that someone was filming him. It was always good to get ready for the worst of circumstances, right?

 

Tao finally unfroze Luhan, who blinked a few times at Tao, who had magically gotten ready in no time at all. Then realisation dawned upon him, and Luhan narrowed his eyes.

 

"Cheater."

 

Tao simply laughed it off.

 

c. For your admiration

 

To Luhan's extreme relief, they managed to reach the restaurant just in time—the members were filing into the van one by one.

 

"You're here," Minseok said, eyes darting back and forth between the two.

 

"We were just about to leave without you," Jongin joked, and Tao laughed humourlessly. Did they know how much turmoil he had endured? Nope, didn't think so too.

 

"Come on Tao, get in," Yixing piped up, and so Tao entered the van and ended up wedged in between Kris and Sehun. Not the most ideal seating arrangement. 

 

For one, Sehun was incessantly tiresome, and he annoyed Tao the whole time. They were best friends but even Tao had enough of his constant chatter.

 

"I want to sleep," he lied.

 

Sehun frowned. "But I'm bored, you have to keep me company."

 

"No I don't," Tao vehemently disagreed.

 

"Yes you do. That's listed under Section 132 of the contract you signed when you became my friend."

 

Tao rolled his eyes so hard they almost went into the back of his head. "I don't remember signing anything of that sort," he retorted.

 

"Oh yes you did," Sehun smiled smugly.

 

"Will you two keep it down?" Kris, who had been silent up till then, suddenly spoke.

 

"Oh, um, sorry," Tao apologised, but Kris went back to staring soulfully out of the window. Tao pouted. Their leader was often in a bad mood these days, and he would rarely go and shower with Tao, which meant he had to settle for Baekhyun or sometimes Junmyeon, and neither were the best shower partners. He was content to gaze at Kris, whereas next to him Sehun huffed and turned away, presumably to sleep.

 

The more Tao stared at him, the more he realised how good-looking Kris was. He had a sharp jawline, a piercing gaze, and Tao felt a small smile form on his lips as he observed Kris quietly.

 

Then, slowly but surely, Kris started nodding off, becoming drowsier and drowsier by the minute. Before long, he had his head on the glass, fast asleep. Tao was so close, he could count the number of eyelashes on his eyes, and the slight wrinkles which marred his forehead. He was beautiful like a sculpture, and Tao was mesmerised.

 

Overcome by a sudden desire, he looked down at his watch. Time stood still as he took in every bit of Kris—his looks, his scent, his clothes. It did not occur to him that he was being creepy—no, he was just admiring the person that was his leader. A mischievous thought flitted across his mind, and, as quick as lightning, Tao planted a kiss on Kris' left cheek. Satisfied, Tao glanced at his watch and the slow rumble of the van started again, as it continued to drive along the highway. Kris' head lolled back and forth as the van drove on, and Tao turned away to sleep himself.

 

He awoke to Kris, rambling away on a rage. "Why the heck is there saliva on my cheek?" he demanded to know.

 

Tao was agape, unsure of what to say. Luckily, he was saved from embarrassment when Kyungsoo stated matter-of-factly, "Maybe you drool in your sleep."

 


A/N: 

Hope this wasn't too long a wait! (I had exams and stuff.) I'm almost done with this story and I'll definitely finish it by this month!