01; Kris

Powers Are A Pain In The
01; Kris

 

"Is it a bird?"

"No!"

"Is it a plane?"

"No! It's Kris the dragon!"


 

a. Becoming the resident weatherman

 

"Were you out flying again, Kris?" groaned Junmyeon, when Kris returned from outside with his hair mussed up in a suspicious way. Said effect would never have been achieved with a normal hairdryer. 

 

"Sorry, I know I promised not to but I really couldn't resist. Not today. The air was so fresh and the sky was so blue and the clouds were super fluffy. It would have been a pity not to fly today," said Kris sheepily, scratching the back of his neck.

 

"You have to stop doing this, Kris, or else people will start calling to say they've discovered a new species of bird," Minseok pointed out from his place on the sofa. He was eating another ice lolly. Obviously. Minseok's power, though a nuisance in the winter, came in pretty useful during the summer.

 

"Or maybe some overimaginative people will think aliens have intruded Earth," Jongdae piped up. 

 

"At any rate nothing could be worse than what happened before," reminded Yixing, and Kris groaned as the rest of them were reminded of that close shave that he had two months ago, in which he flew past an airplane that had just taken off and almost ended up crashing it. (The pilot was so shocked that he had a mild seizure and the co-pilot had just managed to rescue the plane from hitting the ground.) 

 

Kris sighed. "I know I shouldn't do it, but what's the use of having a superpower if I'm not even allowed to use it?" he asked frustratedly.

 

" to be you, hyung," Jongin snickered. Kris shot him a death glare that would give the normal person goosebumps all over, but Jongin just shrugged. He was long immune to Kris and his trademark face.

 

"By the way, guys, the clouds on the far west don't look too friendly. I predict that there will be a storm tomorrow," Kris announced. The good thing about being able to fly is that he could get close enough to the clouds and therefore predict the weather. He'd saved them from being drenched by the rain countless times, by reminding them (especially Yixing, who Kris suspected suffered from a mild case of dementia) to bring an umbrella when they went out.

 

The other eleven boys let out a collective groan. 

 

"Aww man, I was looking forward to kicking Minseok's in football," sulked Luhan, flopping down on the sofa.

 

"It's okay, at least you won't have to be embarrassed again after you lost 3-0 last week," Minseok comforted him. Luhan just kicked him in the shin which made him howl in pain.

 

"Rain, rain, go away, come again another day..." sang Chanyeol, while the rest of them winced at the horribly out-of-tune rendition of the classic nursery rhyme.

 

"It's better if you stick to rapping, to be honest," advised Baekhyun, covering his ears. Chanyeol scrunched his nose but obediently stopped and a sigh of relief was heard throughout the dorm.

 

"What about the day after?" asked Sehun. "I have plans on that day."

 

Kris shrugged. "I don't know."

 

"You should have flown further to check on the clouds!" the maknae grumbled. "What's the point of your weather forecasting when you only check on the weather for the next day? You know, we could download an app to replace you anyday."

 

"Next time, I'm charging you guys for this," muttered Kris, as he retreated back into his room. 

 

 

b. People get shocked when you take off

 

One moment, Kris was standing by the ledge of their balcony. The next moment, he found himself struggling to free himself from a crying Tao's iron grip but to no avail. The latter had not learned wushu for nothing. 

 

"No! Ge! Don't jump!" cried Tao as he latched on tightly to Kris' arm. "You know we love you!"

 

Kris didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. So he did neither. Instead, he awkwardly wormed himself out of Tao's hold.

 

"Relax, Tao," he said, "I'm just going for a fly."

 

"A fly?" asked Tao dubiously, still sniffling from the tears.

 

"Yes, a fly. Isn't it? I mean, you go for a walk, you go for a run, so obviously you go for a fly too," Kris explained. Tao furrowed his brows at Kris' logic.

 

"Oh," he said a few moments later. "That makes sense."

 

"See you for lunch." With that, Kris hurled himself off the balcony ledge. Tao watched as Kris plummeted down all thirty storeys before swooping up at the last second and soaring into the horizon. 

 

"How I wish my power was cool like Kris-ge's," he pouted, before heading back indoors. 

 

 

c. Ideal target for migratory birds

 

"!" cursed Kris, as yet another feathered flying friend foe smashed itself smack in the middle of Kris' chest. With all that bird-smacking, no wonder his chest muscles were getting more and more developed every day. Although he'd much rather train them the conventional way in the gym. 

 

"This has got to be the tenth pigeon that I bumped into today," he grimaced, staring distastefully at the poor bird in question, who was quite unconscious. He contemplated for a few seconds before shrugging and flinging it behind him.

 

Somewhere, a poor mother pigeon is mourning for her missing son.

 

Kris calmed himself down and tried to think on the bright side. Even though this was all pretty bad, he reasoned, he was lucky that no bird had decided to poop on him.

 

Yet.

 

Less than a second later, something cool and wet landed on the tip of his originally-flawless-but-now-not-so-flawless nose. 

 

"Well ." Kris wrinkled his nose in disgust and the white liquid flowed a little down his nose.

 

"Somebody remind me to take an umbrella and tissues with me next time," he muttered.

 

He'd had an absolutely ty day (no pun intended). 

 

How could it get any worse?

 

 

d. Danger of ending up as the next Bollywood sensation

 

This day was not heading where Kris planned.

 

Nor was he.

 

A strong gust of wind had managed to blow him off course by an estimated 30 degrees west.

 

Which probably explained how he landed up in the middle of a traffic junction, with a language that was composed of weird squiggly lines written all over the signboards.

 

Kris looked all around him. The first thing that jumped to mind was that he had probably ended up somewhere in India. Because only in India do all men wear moustaches. Coupled with the fact that everyone around him was speaking wildly and extremely loudly in a foreign language. 

 

Well .

 

Kris doubted that he could fly back to Seoul anytime soon, because the air currents were still blowing at full speed. He just prayed that it would die down soon so that he could return to the dorms before anyone noticed that he was missing. 

 

His thoughts were interrupted by an overenthusiastic Indian man who was shoving flyers in his face while speaking super fast in Hindi. Kris silently lamented the fact that he had not thought of learning it when he was younger. 

 

The man said something to Kris which sounded something like, "Adhgow inbbnsdlkgjbh asdgob pgojhhw gehsgh." Kris just smiled and nodded, wishing that the man would get the hint and go away.

 

Because if his mother ever taught him anything, it was never to speak to strangers. 

 

Sadly, the man stayed on, getting more and more excited by the minute.

 

"Ughjdgpo wkdng quwbg! Yighjsghu klqbpuisd!" yelled the man, a glint of frenzy in his eyes. Kris took a step back to avoid the droplets of saliva raining on him. 

 

"Oh my god," said Kyungsoo, five thousand kilometres away in their dorm.

 

"What is it, hyung? Is there another earthquake somewhere in Hawaii or something?" asked Jongin flatly.

 

"No! Kris-hyung! I can sense him... he's not in Korea anymore." Kyungsoo continued worriedly, his eyes even wider than they were before.

 

"Where is he, then?" asked Jongin, stifling a yawn. He knew Kris was off flying so he wasn't too worried.

 

Kyungsoo lay down on the ground for a few moments (it helped him to feel the vibrations of the earth more strongly), before delivering his final verdict. "He's in Mumbai."

 

"... What the actual ."

 

"Language!" hissed Kyungsoo, but Jongin just ignored him.

 

"You know what this means, right, Jongin."

 

"What?" he asked, feigning ignorance. Kyungsoo glared.

 

"You have to teleport over there and save him! Who knows, he might have been accosted by someone asking him to audition for Bollywood!"

 

Jongin rolled his eyes. "Do I really have to? I'm pretty sure Kris-hyung can take care of himself." 

 

"OR NO FOR A MO―"

 

"Okay! Okay! I'll go save him!" Jongin closed his eyes, and with a 'poof', he was gone. 

 

He reappeared in the same bustling street in Mumbai, right next to Kris, who was nervously looking left and right, trying to find a way to escape. The Indian man was so stunned by Jongin's sudden appearance that he looked like he was going to have a , but Jongin took hold of Kris and they both vanished into thin air. 

 

A few seconds later, the man collapsed on the floor, frothing at the mouth.

 

Back at the dorm, Kris didn't say anything, but the tiny smile on his face was enough to convey his gratitude. He was more than thankful to Jongin for appearing and saving the damsel manly man in distress.

 

"So... Mumbai, eh?" Jongin started, looking amused with a smirk on his face. 

 

"Fifty bucks and we'll never speak of this again."

 

"... Deal."

 

Jongin didn't even ask where the suspicious-looking dried liquid on Kris' nose came from.

 


A/N:

Why Mumbai, you ask? Kudos to my very very crazy friend and awesome beta, taeminutes. I love her.

Short crack series :) So this is gonna be a set for all the 12 members, one chapter focusing on each member and his power. (Finally not a oneshot anymore yay) Anyways this isn't gonna be my main focus these days aka I'll write another chapter whenever I'm bored/feel like it. So don't expect me to update this anytime soon!

There's a Baekyeol fic in the works but idk how to end it and it's getting a bit longer than expected so instead of a oneshot it might expand to become a twoshot instead i'm not really sure. School is starting next week (cue me tearing my hair out because nooo why does two-month hols have to end so soon) so I won't be posting as frequently, so sorry.

And a belated Merry Christmas to you all! <3