04. stuck with the problematic one

What A Girl Wants

 

“We need to talk.”

“What about?” Junhyung asked with a slightly worried tone in his voice.

Hyuna looked down. “It’s probably not that important, but it’s important to me. You didn’t remember when my birthday was, did you?”

Junhyung laughed nervously. “I did so.”

“You didn’t,” Hyuna narrowed her eyes, “And you don’t know my cell phone number either. You could’ve gotten my number from the other members, but you kept calling Dongwoon to ask for Sohyun. Don’t think that I didn’t notice.”

Honestly, Junhyung had never thought to look at the other member’s phones. He didn’t even know that they had Hyuna’s number. Why did they have her number anyway? When he got home he was so getting her number from them.

Hyuna was right; he was a bad boyfriend. He didn’t know her birthday or her number. He was lousy at stuff like that but he could work on it if she really wanted him to.

“I’m kind of tired,” Hyuna said softly. “It feels like you don’t really like me.”

Now she was wrong. Junhyung liked Hyuna heaps.

“No, I do like you!” Junhyung half shouted but then realized that they were at an expensive, elegant, not-a-lot-of-talking restaurant.

“Everyone is always telling me that you’re no good, but I shrug them off because I really like you.” Hyuna seemed sad, “You never say that you like me and only say it when I tell you to.”

“I’m telling you that I like you. It’s just, I’m not good with expressing myself with these things.” He said.

Hyuna only glanced at Junhyung and for most of the time she didn’t look him in the eyes. “But…”

“You don’t have to listen to everyone else, you just have to do what you want to do. If you want to be with me, you don’t need think about everyone else.”

“Have you decided what you want to order?” A waiter suddenly appeared in front of them with a beaming face, notepad ready in hand. But after Junhyung shot him a glare and Hyuna’s no-eye-contact-just-staring-at-my-lap look, the waiter quickly moved away knowing when he wasn’t wanted.

After the waiter had shuffled away, Hyuna spoke, “I know what you’re trying to say. But it’s not that easy.” She said with a flash of sadness in her eyes. “It’s getting harder to ignore the people around me.”

“Hyuna…” He said softly. Feeling something tearing at him from within.

She still refused to look at him. “Let’s take a break from each other.” Hyuna almost mumbled. “I need some time to think, and I think you need some time too…”

‘No, can’t we just talk about this?’ Junhyung wanted to say, but he didn’t say anything. He knew that was what she wanted. But hell, he didn’t want it.

He finally realized how much pain he has caused her just because of his ignorance. If he only paid more attention to the little things, told her how much he cared about her, maybe they wouldn’t be like this now. He wanted to tell her how sorry he was and how he would try to improve. But nothing would come out of his mouth. He just sat there speechless, watching as Hyuna rose from her seat.

If he knew what was going to happen, he would have said something then.

----

She walked slowly, watching her steps as she made her way down a familiar hallway. Before she realized, she was now in the dance studio. Whenever she was here, she was happy. Here she remembers things. She remembers how he asked her out after her dance rehearsal with a nervous face and awkwardly raising eyebrows that rose more than usual.

Hyuna laughed at herself. She can’t believe that she’s missed him. It had only been two days? Maybe three days? She was the one that suggested that they should have some time off, but for some reason she felt as if she had done something wrong. Maybe she shouldn’t have asked for a break because it sure doesn’t feel like it was a good decision right now.

The dance studio was dark and empty, which obviously meant no one was inside. Hyuna slumped down on the floor and played with her cell phone. She found herself landing upon Junhyung’s contact info.

“Stupid.” Hyuna frowned and put her cell phone on the floor. She sighed. She felt lonely, but she didn’t want to talk to the other members. Jiyoon and Gayoon would say ‘I told you so’ and Sohyun would bug her about the details. Jihyun was a good choice to confide in but Hyuna didn’t want to burden her with her problems.

The more time she had to herself, the more she felt as if she had done the wrong thing. The more she was alone, she wanted to see him and apologize for being a fool. She shouldn’t have blamed him for acting the way he is, because honestly, he is the way he is.

“Hyuna?” The door opened and a silhouette appeared in the doorway.

Not so far away, Junhyung also found himself pacing around the building. Usually he’d put this flood of emotions into a song or something, but he didn’t really feel like it and it didn’t seem right. So he decided on pacing around the building.

After pacing around, Junhyung didn’t want to pace anymore. He needed to chill.

“What’s wrong?” He asked from the doorway.

Hyuna looked up. From the little light outside, she recognized this familiar body structure. “What are you doing here?” She asked, picking up her cell phone.

“I was looking for you.” He walked towards her.

“You didn’t have to.” She smiled weakly and continued to stare down at the floor.

He sat down besides her. “I’m sorry.”

She was silent. “Why are you saying sorry for?”

“I’m sorry for not being there for you. I’m sorry, Hyuna.” She felt a pair of arms around her. They were firm, masculine and comforting arms that made her feel safe but somehow they didn’t feel right.

Junhyung opened the door to find something he didn’t expect to see. In the dance studio that he was headed to was his girlfriend with someone hugging her. And it wasn’t him.

He quickly closed the door with wide-eyes he leaned against the wall. He should’ve expected something like this to happen. Hyuna was undeniably adorable yet smoking hot as well. Junhyung swallowed and tried to walk away. He felt a pain within his chest. Must be heartburn. He couldn’t believe it. More like he didn’t want to believe it.

Hyuna gently pushed him away. “Uh. I have to do something…” She stuttered nervously, “Don’t you have things to do as well, Kikwang?”

“I guess.” Kikwang ruffled his hair with a flushed face and flashed an embarrassed smile. “Sorry about that. But at least you’re feeling better now.”

“Yeah…” Hyuna smiled back and stood up, heading for the door while Kikwang stayed in the darkness feeling rather idiotic. She left the room without Kikwang and left him to sit inside the in the dark dance studio alone. The guilty feeling was still there.

With a sigh, she looked around the corner and saw two tall figures walking away from her, with one person in front of the other. The one of the right seemed to be talking about something excited using hand gestures, and the other was looking down at the carpet floor. They seemed a lot like Doojoon and… Junhyung?

There were footsteps running towards him. Junhyung didn’t care. He just wanted to suffocate himself with blankets for the rest of the night without any other interaction with anybody. He wasn’t in the mood for talking. He wasn’t in the mood for anything.

He didn’t know that he could’ve felt any more miserable.

“Junhyung!” Doojoon called. He was only a foot away now.

Junhyung didn’t reply. He just kept walking with his head down.

“You’ve been found out.” Doojoon said, slightly breathless. “The media knows.”

He decided to look up now. “What?”

 

----

We know, its been ages since the last update. So sorry!

But here's the 4th chapter and we hope you enjoy it!

Yes the suspense. We enjoy it~ Thank you new subscribers and comments too!

JSMPKK - 12/06/11