02. what? lee joon?

What A Girl Wants

 

“Looking good, Junhyung.” Yoseob appeared in the doorway. He looked Junhyung up and down with a sly smile on his face. “Where are you going, huh?”

“I’m going out.” He answered blankly and pulled up the zipper of his jumper.

Yoseob poked Junhyung’s side. “Oh, you’re going out with Hyuna aren’t you? Aren’t you?” Yoseob continued to pry and jab Junhyung in his side.

“Y-yah, you crazy kid. Don’t jab me!” Junhyung squatted Yoseob’s hand away, giving him an irritated look and adjusted his black cotton beanie.

Suddenly, Kikwang fell off the bunk bed. “What was that? Did I just hear…” Kikwang sounded alarmed, as he looked up at the older two from the ground.

Junhyung and Yoseob stared at Kikwang with stunned expressions. “Whoah! What’s wrong? People don’t usually fall off the bunk bed! You sleep on the top, how did you fall off the bed?” Yoseob blurted.

Strangely, Kikwang seemed perfectly fine from the fall. In his white tank top and grey track pants he looked somewhat intimidating. He was sending a dark glare Junhyung’s way. “You take care of her, okay?” Kikwang narrowed his eyes.

“You okay, Kikwang? D-did you hit your head on the way down?” Yoseob asked and kneeled down beside Kikwang. He panicked around the room, trying to find something that remotely resembled first aid equipment.

Trying to avoid the commotion and Kikwang’s evil glare, Junhyung quickly slipped out of their shared bedroom and into the living room. Junhyung was very wrong when he thought that by exiting the room he could escape prying members.

“Hyung!” Dongwoon popped out from the corridor and was right in front of Junhyung’s face the moment he stepped out of the bedroom.

Junhyung almost screamed and backed up against the wall in surprise. “W-what are you doing, Dongwoon!”

“I heard you were going out with Hyuna today.” Dongwoon pulled out his iPhone and began playing with some buttons. He waited for a specific line to come from Dongwoon’s mouth. Junhyung fiddled with his clothes for a moment before Dongwoon spoke. “I heard from my girlfriend, Sohyun.”

Dongwoon was raising his right eyebrow at Junhyung, urging him to explain himself. Junhyung decided against that.

“Well, I have to go now.” Junhyung headed for the front door.

Just before Hyungseung and Doojoon could appear from their hiding places behind the couch, Junhyung bolted out of the door and slammed it shut leaving the trio behind with shocked faces.

---

Hyuna sat on the bench scrutinising her ice cream. For four in the afternoon, the park appeared to be quite deserted. She was the only one in the park besides two elderly couples and a few hyper school kids that had obviously ate a lot of sugar.

Dressed in her favourite loose hoodie and denim shorts, she almost appeared to be a normal citizen out and about the streets. She pulled her cap down and slouched just as a group of teenage kids made their way pass her. After the adolescents were almost out of the park, Hyuna sat up straight and pouted. “He’s not coming is he?”

“Y-yo! I made it…” Someone was panting from behind Hyuna.

“Junhyung!” Hyuna beamed with happy eyes. “Thought you weren’t going to come. What were you doing all this time?” She eyed him strangely and pointed at his wristwatch.

He couldn’t possibly tell her that his effortlessly cool look actually took two hours to do. Junhyung stand down besides her, he tried to act normal. “Uh, it was the traffic…”

“Sure it was… Want some ice cream?” Hyuna was seriously too pretty.

Junhyung graciously took her offer and placed his arm around her shoulders. Ah, eating ice cream with your girlfriend on a pleasant afternoon. This was the life.

“So, where are we going today?” Junhyung took another bite of the ice cream.

Just as Junhyung finished his question, Hyuna moved out of his arms and snatched her ice cream back from him. “Yah, weren’t you supposed to plan today? Shouldn’t you know what we’re going to do?” She narrowed her eyes, “You’re the one that wanted to go out.”

“What are you talking about?” He seemed genuinely confused.

There was this angry determination in her eyes. She finished the rest of the ice cream and folded her arms across her chest. Hyuna seemed positive that he was the one that asked her out today and she wasn’t going to back down.

Then it hit him. Junhyung really did ask her out today. In fact, her had asked her out in the corridor last Thursday when they were both getting ready for dance rehearsals. How was he going to get himself out of this?

“Did you finally remember?” Hyuna asked, trying to keep a relativity normal tone in her voice.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders once again. Thankfully, Hyuna didn’t shrug him off. “Don’t get so mad. I was just joking, I wouldn’t forget. I’ve already planned the whole day.” Junhyung tried to sound as convincing as possible. “Are you hungry? I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.”

Though Hyuna was still suspicious of him, she appeared to believe him. “What are we going to do today?”

“That’s a surprise. It wouldn’t be fun if I told you everything, would it?” He walked her out of the park and into the busy streets of the city.

“It better be good.” She laughed cheerfully, walking beside him. Junhyung was a step in front of her, his arm dangling at his side. Hyuna wished that he’d hold her hand.

Soon the couple arrived at a ramen store that Junhyung spotted from the corner of his eye. “This is my favourite restaurant.” He gestured towards the shop with a grin.

Though you wouldn’t suspect it, Junhyung was quite the actor. The way he was going it seemed as if it really was his favourite place. But in reality, he had never been in the store. He hadn’t even been to this part of town.

As they made their way into the small restaurant, a bell chimed as they opened the door and a waiter came flying out of the kitchen to serve them.

“Welcome!” The waiter greeted enthusiastically.

They nodded at the waiter and he led them to a vacant table.  Hyuna picked up a menu and began reading. “This place is cozy and the people seem nice.” She smiled her infamous beautiful smile.

Junhyung was going to pass out. He swallowed and made a straight face. “That’s why I like this place so much. I’m gonna go talk to him for a second, be right back.”

He rose from the seat and left Hyuna at the table for half a minute and approached the waiter.

Hyuna watched from her spot near the window. Junhyung patted the guy on the shoulder and made some small talk with him.

“I guess he comes here pretty often,” She nodded to herself and flipped through the menu.

From Junhyung’s point of view it was a completely different story.

He zeroed in on the waiter and cornered him near the back of the room. Junhyung patted the waiter on the back and dusted his shoulder in a friendly way. Though the waiter wanted to give him a weird look, he knew business was always first.

“Where’s the restroom?” Junhyung asked, with a faux smile.

Returning his joyful smile, the waiter gestured towards the room near the kitchen. “It’s that way, sir.”

“Thanks.” Junhyung gave the man another pat on the shoulder and walked all the way back to their table.

“You know him?” Hyuna asked innocently.

“Yeah, we’re good friends. I come here often.” Junhyung took a seat and grabbed the menu.

While they were figuring out what they were going to eat, the radio played in the background. Currently, they were playing Choi Hwajung’s Power Time radio broadcast.

“You were on this show, yeah?” Junhyung sipped his freebie tea.

She was going to nod, but Hyuna didn’t even need to answer his question. Just as he finished speaking, there was a familiar voice on the radio broadcast.

‘These days, there is this one guy that I have been keeping my eyes on. I’ve been watching him as a fan when he performs on stage…’

Junhyung did his infamous raised eyebrow while he was still drinking his tea.

‘I really like MBLAQ’s Lee Joon.’

There was this weird gargling sound when Junhyung choked on his tea.

“A-are you alright?” Hyuna instantly leaned over the table and awkwardly tried to help him calm himself.

“You like Lee Joon?” Junhyung tried to stop himself from shouting. He had an incredulous expression on his face.

“Huh?” Hyuna seemed slightly embarrassed. She slowly sat back down on her seat. “It’s not like that.” There was a tinge of pink on her cheeks.

“Why didn’t you say you liked me?” Junhyung sulked while facing away from her.

Hyuna laughed. “Are you jealous? Don’t be like that, honey. I love you only!”

“I’m not jealous, I just don’t like how you had to say you liked Joon.” Junhyung still didn’t seem to be satisfied with that answer but loosened up a bit. Well, she did say she loved him and all… He picked up his menu again, “I’ll let it slide this time, but only this time.”

“I love you, honey!” Hyuna smiling angelically.

---

Yay! Chapter 2 is up and we hope that you enjoy it!

Thanks to all the comments and subscribers and readers~

We're very thankful for all the love for Junhyung and Hyuna! :)

JSMPKK - 21/04/11