Chapter 29

They're Funny; They're Dramatic; They're My UKISS Oppas

“Why’d she faint, Doctor?”

“Blood loss.”

“But it doesn’t look like she’s bleeding.”

“Look at her head.”

“MY POOR BABY SISTER!”

“Listen, Eli.  She’s going to need a blood donor.  We’ll call up some people, and maybe they’ll be willing to—“

“I’ll do it.”

“Excuse me?”

“I’m Type O, the universal donor.”

“I don’t think your entertainment company would approve…”

“I don’t care.  She’s more important than my job.”

“Are you sure?  I know some people who are willing—“

“I’m sure.”

“Eli?  Can you not talk so loud?  My head hurts.” My eyes opened and I squinted up at the bright lights.

“Ella?  Oppa’s here.  Don’t worry.  You’ll be fine after you get a blood transplant.”

“Eli, I don’t feel good.”

“Ella…”

“Eli, where’s Yoseob?”

“He’s down the hall getting treated for minor injuries.”

“I’m glad he’s safe.”

“Ella Kim, while the procedure is going on, try not to move.” The doctor spoke to me, but I paid no attention.  It wasn’t like I was going to go somewhere when I felt like fainting again.

“Eli, if you insist…we’ll have to test you first.  Hospital rules.”

“Yes.”

They walked out of the room, leaving me alone.  I closed my eyes, trying to stay conscious so that Eli wouldn’t freak out. 

They came back later—maybe five minutes, maybe half an hour—and Eli sat down in a chair near my hospital bed.

“Ready, Doctor.”

“Just hold still while I get everything set up.”

“Yes.”

“I don’t like needles, Eli,” I murmured.

“It’s all right.  I’m here.”

“Now Ella, you may feel a slight pinch, but it will be over soon.”

“Yes.”

Eli was giving me some of his blood? 

--

When everything was over, the doctor advised me to rest.  I lay back in the hospital bed with the monitor to keep me company.  Eli sat in the corner, eating a doughnut and drinking orange juice, probably to regain sugar after donating blood.

“Eli, why’d you save me?”

“Sibling intuition.”

“What?”

“More like Kevin begging me to look for you because he had a schedule.”

“But how’d you find out?”

“You know that thing Kevin does with cell phones?”

“The cell phone tracker?  He told me he stopped paying so they shut his account down.”

“Well, he started again.”

“And?”

“Ella, I’m sorry for not believing you.”

“It’s a little too late to say that, but I accept your apology.”

“It’s just that—“

“ELLA!”

“Way to ruin the sibling moment, Kevin,” Eli said.

“Right.  Are you okay?” Kevin turned toward me.

“Yeah.  A bit nauseous, but fine.”

“As long as you’re all right…”

Kevin sat next to Eli.  I stared at them, wondering if they were going to stay for the whole night.

“Oh, and the others are coming up.  I was just too nervous, so I took the stairs.”

“You all came?  But what about your schedules?”

“Eh, there’s always tomorrow.”

“But—“

“Hey.” The other five guys filed in.  I glanced at what they were carrying.  Hoon was holding a book, Kiseop seemed to be carrying Chinese takeout, and Soohyun was carrying my bear.  AJ brought my ipod, and Dongho had my DS.

“We brought the stuff you never leave the dorms without,” Soohyun explained.

“What about the Chinese takeout?”

“Oh.  This is for you.  Better than the yucky hospital food, right?”

“Sure.”

“Anyway, Ella.  We’re sorry for not believing you.”

“You should be.”

“Sorry.”

“I’m just joking, guys.  I forgive you.”

--

“Excuse me, but is this Ella Kim’s room?”

“Yes.”

“Someone told me to give this to you.”

“Me?”

“She said that she was sorry for everything.”

“Who?”

“I’m not sure…”

“Thanks.”

I took the note and stared at it curiously.  “Who writes letters these days?” I spoke to myself.

Dear Ella Kim,

I’m in no position to say this, but I’m sorry for everything.  I’m sorry for making your life miserable, picking on you, threatening you, and even blackmailing you.  I’ve decided to return to America for a few weeks—to think things over and to consider checking myself into a mental hospital.  I realize what I did wrong, and I won’t ever bother you again.

Tell the others that I’m sorry, and take care of Kikwang for me.  He needs someone to look after him.

Sincerely,
Alyssa Lee

Is this a good thing?  I mean…is she messing with me?  I have a feeling that she’s telling the truth.

“Eli, look.” I handed him the letter, and he frowned.

“Is she serious?”

“I think she is.”

“I’m glad she gave up.”

“Me too, Eli.”

“Do you want to see my pigeon face?”

“Why?”

“To make you laugh.”

“Kay.”

I ended up laughing.  Like I mentioned before, my brother is a pigeon.  There isn’t much he can do besides eat, sleep, and find his way home.  But...I think that he’s redeemed himself.

“Ella, you love me, right?”

“No, I only live with you because I’m broke.”

“HEY!”

“Just kidding, Eli.  You’re my favorite brother.”

“But I’m your only brother…”

“Exactly.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey ^^

so i'm assuming that teen top won?  any inspirits out there that still want to vote?  infinite is 12 votes behind...

i'll post the poll again.

in any case, i have two weeks of summer left!

TT_TT

and i have to play at my first football game in a few days...

and i got contacts!!! <3