Chapter 25

They're Funny; They're Dramatic; They're My UKISS Oppas

The clouds turned gray as I walked home.  I was actually hoping for the rain so that no one could tell that I was crying.  Unfortunately, there was only a light drizzle as I sat under a slide at the playground.

“Boo.”

“Kevin.”

“What are you doing?”

“Thinking.”

“In the rain?  You’ll get sick, and then Eli will blame us again.”

“I like the rain.”
“I do too.”

“Why are you here?” I asked.

“Can I sit there?” He pointed to the empty spot next to me.  I shrugged and scooted over to make more room.

“I’ve known you for almost a year now, Ella.”

“Yup.”

“Have you ever fallen in love with someone who you know will never return your feelings?”

“Maybe, but what does this have to do with anything?”

“Nothing.  So what’s your problem?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“You can.”

“You won’t believe me.”

“I will.”

“Fine.”

I glanced at Kevin, but he would only stare straight ahead.  As if he didn’t want to stare back into my eyes.

“Alyssa.”

“That’s it?  I knew she was a problem already.  But she never wins.  You do.”

“Yeah, but this time I’m going to lose.”

“What happened?”
“Promise not to tell.”

I took a deep breath and started to tell my story.

“What do I have to do?” I asked.

“Well, Ella Kim.  I’ve gone over this plan many times in my head, and I’m quite surprised that you’re not putting up a fight.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?  Does Yang Yoseob mean that much to you?”

“Why do you hate me?”

“It’s a pride thing, Ella.  You wouldn’t understand, since you’ve never had your pride damaged.”

“I have.”

“You want to know what Eli said to me?”

“Not really.”

“He said that he would never date as long as he had his little sister to take care of.  Do you know how embarrassed I was?”

“So what?  He rejected you.”

“In front of the whole school.”

“Get over it.”

“No one turned me down.  Eli did because of you.”

“He’s an idol and you’re not.”

“So is Yang Yoseob.”

“Stop bringing him into this.”

“Ella Kim.  You should end things with Yang Yoseob if you want him to stay successful.”

“And if I don’t?”

“This picture will be sent out to the paparazzi.”

“Let me see the photo.”

Alyssa took out her phone and sent me the photo.  When I got it, I opened up the message and stared at it in horror.  This picture could destroy all that Yoseob worked for.

“I’ll give you a few days to think this over, Ella Kim.  And remember that no one will believe you if you say anything.”

“That…ugh.”

“Say it, Kevin Woo.”

“That…evil girl.”

“That wasn’t the word I was hoping for.  But good enough.”

“Can I see the picture?”

I handed him my phone, and he glanced at the picture.  He frowned a bit but handed it back.

“It’s kind of hard not to think that you two are a couple.”

“See?  What should I do?”

“I’m not sure because I’ve only loved one person.  But you should talk to Yoseob before doing anything rash.”

“Thanks, Kevin.  You’re a good friend.”

“Yeah…a friend.”

“The rain seems to have lessened.  Should we make a run for it?” I asked.

“Yeah.  Ella, don’t let Alyssa win.”

“I won’t.”

“Promise?  I don’t want you crying anymore either.”

“Yes, Kevin oppa.”

“Ready?  One, two, three.”  And we started running.  It felt nice.

--

We made it back before dinner, to my relief.  Kiseop usually hogs all the food, so if I’m ever late (which I am a lot), there isn’t any food left.  When Dongho remembers, he saves me something to eat.  But he doesn’t remember often.

And I swear that Hoon’s been trying to confuse me.  He speaks in Korean, switches mid-sentence to Japanese, and then finishes off with an English word.

AJ and Soohyun have been in their room all day playing their new Wii.  I’ve never seen two guys so intense over Mariokart before in my life.  Well…maybe Jaejoong.  But those two boys spend almost the whole day in there.

“I need a job.” I muttered to myself.  Then I wouldn’t have to stay at home all day and be bored.

“Well, why don’t you try to look for one?” Eli asked.

“You know what?  I will only get a job if they ask me.  I will not go around Seoul looking for offers.”

“Whatever.”

“Ella, have you seen my wallet?” Kiseop asked.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Why would I take your wallet?”

“Who else is too lazy to get money from their own wallet?”

“Soohyun.”

“I’ll be right back.  Soohyun hyung!”

Oh Kiseop…I bet your wallet is in your man-purse.  But I’m not going to say anything.

“I made dinner.” Hoon sat next to me.
“Oh.”

“Aren’t you going to try some?”

“What is it?”

“Kimchi stew.”

“I guess I will.”

“Don’t doubt my cooking skills, Ella.  I’m way better than the other guys in the house.”

“I hope so, Hoonmin.”

“Don’t be such a downer, Ella.”

“I’m not being a downer.  I just have a lot on my mind.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

once again, another update by me.

hey, i've been seriously thinking about starting another series with ella in it.

and i'm thinking that if i use ukiss again, there won't be much to write about.  so i'm going to say it's between infinite, teen top, and ze:a.  I don't know the members of these groups as well as I know Ukiss or Super Junior, but I think I can write a story about them.

P.S. SUJU MUSIC BANK COMEBACK WAS AWESOME. (although this has nothing to do with the fic at all)