Getting to Know Chibi DBSK

Attack of the Chibis Christmas Special

 

Manager woke up, shaking his head at the crazy dream he had.  “Miniature Dong Bang Shin Ki!  Tch, yeah right,” Manager mumbled to himself as he stood up.
 
“Is ahjusshi better now?” Yoochun asked.
 
Manager turned around and saw chibi DBSK.  He almost fell back down.  “You really are babies!”
 
“I’m not a baby,” said Yunho, “I’m a big kid.”
 
“Me too!” responded Changmin.  “I’m 3-and-a-half years old, almost four.”
 
“We’re five,” Jaejoong said as he pointed at Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu, and himself.
 
“I just turned five a few days ago!” Junsu shouted happily.
 
“Shorty,” Changmin mumbled.  Junsu stuck his tongue out at Changmin in response.
 
“Do you know who you are?” Manager asked them, which caused them all to laugh.
 
“Of course we know who we are,” Jaejoong said between a fit of giggles, “I’m Kim Jaejoong, the oldest.”
 
“I’m Jung Yunho, the bestest.”
 
“Are not!”  Jaejoong and Changmin shouted out about the “bestest” part.
 
“I’m Park Yoochun.  I like naps.”  The others rolled their eyes at him.
 
“I’m-” Junsu started, but was interrupted.
 
“I’m Shim Changmin.”
 
“Hey!  I was about to go,” said Junsu.
 
“You were too slow,” Changmin commented.
 
Junsu glared at Changmin before saying, “I’m Kim Junsu, the nice and cute one.”  Changmin snorted in reply.
 
“I don’t believe this,” Manager mumbled.
 
“I know!” Changmin said.  “He’s not that cute.”
 
“I am too, ne Chun-hyung?” Junsu argued.
 
“No I meant… it’s just… you’re all little,” Manager stumbled out.
 
“I’m not little,” Yunho said as he puffed out his little toddler’s chest.
 
“Junsu’s littler than me,” pouted Changmin.
 
“I like being little.  It means we get to take naps.”
 
“Yoochun!” they all shouted simultaneously.
 
“Don’t say that word,” Jaejoong tried to whisper as he frantically looked at Manager, who wasn’t paying much attention.
 
“I just don’t get it,” Manager mumbled as he rubbed his head.
 
“Does ahjusshi need medicine?” Junsu asked.
 
Manager shook his head, and responded, “I think I need some water.”  Manager went to get up, but the others beat him to it.
 
“I’ll get it!” Junsu shouted, hopping up and running towards the kitchen.
 
“No you won’t, shorty!” Changmin shouted as he chased after Junsu.  “I’m getting it!”
 
“I’m the oldest!  I’ll get it!”  Jaejoong was right behind them.
 
“But, hyung, you’re clumsy,” Yoochun said as he followed Jaejoong.
 
“Yeah, Jae-hyung, you’ll spill it,” Yunho agreed, “I’ll get it!”
 
Manager just watched as they all ran into the kitchen.  He couldn’t wrap his mind around the fact that DBSK was little toddlers for no apparent reason.  He was hoping that when they emerged from the kitchen, they’d be back to their 20-something-year-old selves.  He was waiting for that kitchen door to swing back open…waiting…hoping.
 
Manager heard shouting and glass breaking and more shouting coming from the kitchen, so he got up and went into the kitchen to make sure that they were all okay.  When he pushed the door open, he first saw that they were still little.  Next, Manager took notice of the water spilled on the floor, the broken glass littering the floor, and the minis scattered about the kitchen.
 
Yoochun was on top of the counter, trying to get a cup out of a cabinet.  He had pushed a chair up next to the counter to climb up.  Junsu was trying to climb up onto the chair, to get up to the counter too, but he couldn’t even manage to get up onto the chair without help.  Yunho and Changmin were trying to wrestle a cup out of the other’s hands, causing the little bit of water that was in the cup to slosh around, occasionally spilling out onto the floor.  Jaejoong was kneeling on the floor, trying to pick up the broken pieces of glass on the floor without hurting himself.
 
“STOP!” Manager yelled.  All eyes turned towards him.  Yunho and Changmin both let go of the cup, which fell to the floor and broke into tiny little pieces, another broken glass.  “What in the world are all of you doing?”
 
“I’m getting ahjusshi some water,” they all said simultaneously.  Shouts of ‘No, I am’ started sounding from the chibis.
 
“How about I get the water, and you all go back to the living room?  I’ll be there in a minute,” Manager told them.  He ended up taking an aspirin too before he went back into the living room.
 
“Ahjusshi,” Yoochun said as soon as Manager entered the living room, “is it almost bedtime?”
 
“No! Shh!”  The others tried to shush Yoochun, but Manager had already heard and realized that it was indeed late.
 
“Yes, I suppose it is,” Manager said.
 
“No, not yet,” Changmin pouted.
 
“We can stay up a little bit longer,” said Yunho.
 
Manager shook his head and said, “You all need to get some sleep so that Christmas will be that much closer.”  At the mention of Christmas, all the chibis eyes grew big.  They all agreed to go to sleep.
 
“But we need a story first,” Junsu said as they headed towards the bedroom.
 
“I don’t know any stories,” Manager said, “how about you tell me one?”
 
“I’ll tell ahjusshi a story,” Yoochun said.
 
“No, I’ll tell a better story,” Yunho said.
 
“No way!” Changmin complained.  “Your story will have ghosties.”
 
“How about all of you come up with a story together?” Manager suggested, as he followed them into the bedroom, where they saw only three beds.  Manager had been to their place many times, so he knew that there were two beds in the other room, but no one wanted to go into the other room.  Instead, they chose to push all of the beds together and sleep in one big bed.
 
“We can tell a good story,” Junsu said, excited.
 
“But no ghosties,” Changmin said.  Yunho rolled his eyes from next to Changmin.
 
In the bed, Yoochun was on one side, with Junsu next to him, then Jaejoong, then Yunho, and then Changmin.  Bambi was perched between Yunho and Changmin.  Unbeknownst to Yunho, Changmin was slowly inching Bambi closer and closer to himself.
 
“Once upon a time there was a prince named Jaejoong,” Jaejoong started.
 
“And he had a brave knight for a friend, named Yunho,” added Yunho.
 
Junsu got excited and said, “But the king’s name was Yoochun.”
 
“And the queen was Junsu,” Changmin stated.
 
“Hey!” Junsu complained, but Changmin snickered.
 
“And there was an evil magician named-” Jaejoong began.
 
“CHANGMIN!” Yunho, Yoochun, and Junsu all shouted simultaneously.  Changmin just pouted.
 
“King Yoochun and Queen Junsu were worried about their son, Prince Jaejoong, because he was being threatened by the dark magician,” Yoochun said.
 
“So the king and queen got Jaejoong’s best friend, Sir Yunho to protect the prince from the evil Changmin,” said Yunho.
 
“But Changmin was prepared for Yunho,” responded Changmin.
 
“So Queen Junsu disguised himself-” Junsu began, but was interrupted.
 
“Herself,” Changmin corrected.
 
“Himself!  Queen Junsu disguised himself as a knight too, to take on the evil and mean Changmin.”
 
“But Magician Changmin knew that the fake knight was the Queen, because no one else was so short,” Changmin said, much to Junsu’s disapproval, “so Changmin kidnapped the knight that was actually Queen Junsu.”
 
“Yoochun realized that Junsu had been taken away, so he asked for Sir Yunho’s help,” Yoochun said.
 
“And Sir Yunho went after evil Changmin to get Queen Junsu back,” Yunho stated.
 
“But Prince Jaejoong went with Sir Yunho, because the prince was capable of defeating evil Changmin,” Jaejoong said.
 
“Nuh uh!” Changmin responded.  “Changmin is indivincible!”
 
“Indivincible is not even a word,” Jaejoong said.
 
“I think he means invisible,” Yoochun mumbled.
 
“No, not invisible!  Indivincible!” Changmin replied.  “I can’t be beaten!”
 
Yunho sighed and rolled his eyes.  “You mean invincible.”
 
“While the evil Changmin was distracted with how to say words right, Queen Junsu snuck away,” Junsu announced.
 
“No you didn’t!” Changmin shouted.
 
“And Sir Yunho entered Changmin’s lair to finally defeat the magician,” Yunho said, “without help, because Sir Yunho was the bestest.”
 
“Nuh uh!  Sir Yunho needed Prince Jaejoong’s help, because the prince was the bestest,” Jaejoong stated, “only I can defeat Changmin.”
 
“I can’t be defeated!” Changmin shouted.
 
“I’m going to defeat Changmin!” Yunho shouted.
 
“No I am!” Jaejoong shouted back.  “I’m the prince!  The story is about me!”
 
“No way!  I’m the main character!” shouted Yunho.
 
“I beat you both!” Changmin stated.  “Because I’m indivincible!”
 
Ignoring Jaejoong, Yunho, and Changmin who were fighting, Junsu said, “Queen Junsu managed to make it back to the castle.”
 
“And King Yoochun was so happy to see Junsu again, that he gave the queen a big kiss,” Yoochun said.
 
“And they lived happily ever after,” Junsu finished.
 
“Happily ever after?!” Jaejoong, Yunho, and Changmin shouted.
 
“What about me?” asked Jaejoong.  “I’m the prince!  I’m your son, and you don’t even care about what happened to me?!”
 
“I’m the bestest and important one!” Yunho shouted.
 
“It’s not a happy ending until I beat all of you!” Changmin announced.
 
“That’s not a happy ending,” Yoochun mumbled.
 
“Neither’s you and Junsu kissing in your stinky castle,” Changmin said.
 
Jaejoong shook his head and said, “The bad guys never win, Minnie.”
 
“This one does,” Changmin stated, “and don’t call me Minnie!”
 
Manager just sat there and listened to their bedtime story turn into the Chibi DBSK Civil War.  He felt like he should stop them, but he was too shocked and a bit amused to say anything.  When they finally finished he ended up laughing.
 
“What’s ahjusshi laughing at?” Yunho asked.
 
“You’re all so ridiculous,” Manager said.
 
“You’re the ridiculous one,” Changmin automatically retorted with a frown on his face.
 
“Ahjusshi shouldn’t be so mean,” Yoochun said.
 
Manager saw the looks on all of their faces and immediately apologized.  “It’s just that with the way that you all fight, you’d think you hate each other.”
 
“We don’t hate each other,” Jaejoong announced.
 
“I know that,” Manager said, “so why don’t you show each other you love them, rather making it seem like otherwise.”
 
“With one touch?” Changmin asked, smirking.
 
“No,” Manager responded, “by being nicer and trying not to fight so much.”  The minis just looked at each other with wide eyes.  “Anyway, you all need to go to sleep, so goodnight.”
 
“Goodnight, ahjusshi,” they said simultaneously.
 
“Me and Chun-chun are already nice to each other,” Junsu stated.
 
Changmin rolled his eyes and grumbled out “shorty.”  Yunho elbowed Changmin, which got Changmin to mumble, “Mianhe.”  He then turned over and went to sleep.
 
“I’m sorry Yunho,” Jaejoong whispered as soon as Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin fell asleep.
 
“It’s okay, Jaejoongie,” Yunho said groggily, “I’m sorry too.”
 
“Goodnight, Yunnie,” Jaejoong whispered.
 
“Goodnight, Jaejoongie,” Yunho replied.