What Now?

All a Lie

                She knocked on the familiar door.  She stood at the place she hadn’t been to in months.  Soon, someone opened the door and she was greeted with a surprised face. She heard him say her name and pulled her in. She sniffed and shivered a bit from the cold.

                “What are you doing here?” he sat her down at the tall counter chair. “Wait here, I’ll get you a towel,” he said before hurrying into the bathroom.

                Her eyes lingered on him, remembering how caring he could be. She remembered the couple times that she had gotten sick the first two years of their relationship; he was always there to take care of her. Not realizing it, she was smiling at the thought of their past.

                “Here,” he said as he brought her a large warm towel, draping it on her. He had another smaller towel and put it on her head. “Are you okay? How did you get here?”

                She just continued to listen to him talk, worrying about her. “I’m fine, Seungri.” She replied softly. “I’m ready to talk.”

                She saw his expression change from worried to stun. “O-Oh.” Was all that he could muster. She looked down, finding the right words to say. She spotted something glittering on his finger and saw that he was wearing his promise ring. Her brows crossed, “Why are you wearing –“ she pointed at his hand and he lifted it up, looking at the band around his finger.

                He then nervously massaged his neck with his other hand as he looked at his hand. “I uhh –“ She watched him struggle to explain. When she figured that he couldn’t, she decided to talk first.

                “I met with her today,” she said, taking off the towel on her head and rested it on her lap. “Mina.” She saw him stiffen up at the sound of her name. “She told me what happened between you two.”

                He continued to avoid eye contact with her, blinking continuously, the habit he had when he was nervous.

                “She told me that she was one of your girlfriends back in high school and that she cheated on you. Is that the reason you became a player, Seungri?” she asked.

                He sighed, nodding as he bit his lip. “Partially.”

                “Why did you do it?” she watched him lean back on the couch behind him.

                He looked down on the floor, shrugging. “I guess when I saw her; it was like I was back in the past. Back with my first love.”

                She felt her heart break a little, her eyes shifting down to look at the floor as well. “Did you forget me when you were with her?” she asked in a soft whisper. She then heard him chuckle and she couldn’t help but look up at him.  She saw him shake his head and lean his head back, looking up at the wall.

                “It’s funny. When I was with Mina reminiscing about the past, my mind always wandered back to you. I always thought, ‘We did that together. We’ll also do this together.’” He looked at her with hurt smile. “While Mina and I were talking about our past, I was thinking of our future,” he said.

                She gulped and sighed as she looked back at Seungri. She could evidently see the sincerity in his eyes. “I guess you weren’t thinking hard enough. Because if you were, you would have stopped fraternizing the moment I popped in your head,” she said.

                Seungri’s silence told her that he agreed. She took in a deep breath and let it out. She had been doing a lot of thinking over the past couple months. She sorted out her thoughts and feelings as well. She wasn’t sure of it before, but now that she had realized it, she felt that Seungri wasn’t the only guilty party in their relationship.

                “I guess you’re not the only unfaithful one Seungri,” she said, causing him to look at her. “Although I didn’t take action of it while we were dating, I still wasn’t so sure about my feelings for you.”

                “W-what do you mean?” he asked.

                “Before you had asked me out, there was someone I had liked a lot. I asked him out, but he rejected me. That was one of the reasons why I hesitated to go out with you. I didn’t want to make it seem like you were my rebound,” she her lips, not realizing that she was having such a hard time telling him about her secret; a secret that she didn’t even know until recently. “When I said yes to you, I made sure that my feelings were completely gone for him. At the time, it was. I had no lingering feelings and was completely infatuated with you,” she smiled bitterly.

                “But as time went by, those feelings had resurfaced again in disguise. It confused me,” she looked up at him and saw the crease on his forehead, as if trying to figure something out. “Can you take a wild guess as who it might be?” her heart pounded in her chest, her cheeks feeling like it was burning.

                She saw him chuckled and got up. He ran his palm through his face and faced his back towards her. He shook his head and turned back around. “It’s Jiyong, isn’t it?”

                She nodded slightly, looking down at her fingers. He continued to chuckle and shake his head. “I knew it.” She just looked at him confused. “That girl he was talking about before. It was you,” he said, looking at her.

                “What are you talking about?” she asked.

                “Ji talked about this girl constantly before I joined the dance team. He didn’t want to tell me her name, but I could tell that he really liked her. I should have known it was you,” he said. “But I guess I was blinded by my own infatuation,” he looked back at her.

                “T-then why would turn me down?” she asked, still confused.

                “Because I told him that I loved you,” he mumbled.

                She looked at him shocked. “T-that was before we became a couple,” she stated.

                Seungri nodded his head. “It was weird. You were the only girl who rejected me countless times. So, I made it a mission for you to say yes to me. No matter how long it took. All those little dates I would take you on, I didn’t know that they would make me slowly fall in love with you,” he said.

                She swallowed a lump that formed in , unable to absorb what Seungri had just told her. She took in deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. “Mina told me,” she said, looking up at Seungri. “About the ring.”

                He smiled as if bashful and scratched the back of his neck. “Yeah…”

                She then stood up from the chair and took off the towel that was on her. “So, it’s true?” she asked. “You were planning on proposing?”

                He nodded his head and shoved his hand in his pocket, taking out a small box. She looked at the box and then at him.

                “So,” he looked back at her. “What now?”

 

-

A/N: Yeah, I thnk I've got the endings down...just need to write them and then voila, finished my first multichap story on aff :o