Bartender

All a Lie

 

         Jiyong felt the blare of the music as soon as he stepped into the club, his eyes adjusting to the dim lights. He walked over to his usual spot in front of the bartender.  Despite having not been in the club for a while, he recognized the female bartender, motioning for her to give him his usual. She smiled and poured him his drink.

         “Haven’t seen you in a while,” she commented as she passed the shot glass to him.

         Jiyong picked up the glass, quickly downing it as he felt the strong alcohol slide down his throat. He just sighed and asked for another one. Seeing as how she was busy with other customers, he just waited, not knowing that he was staring at her intently.

         “You know,” the female bartender said as she finished serving another customer. “There are two other bartenders.” She poured him his shot and passed it to him. He just drank it instantly and asked for another. He saw her sighing as she poured his drink and passed it to him.  Jiyong took the shot and he grimaced, drinking that one a bit too slow. He just continued to look at the various glasses on the shelf behind the bar, feeling a bit of vertigo. Asking for one more shot, he turned towards the dance floor, contemplating on joining the wave of people.

         “What’s bothering that mind of yours?” he heard a voice behind him and turned around to find the bartender placing the shot in front of him.

          He looked at her and shook his head, “Nothing.” He drank his shot.

          “C’mon. I’m great at being the bartender who gives out advice to troubled drunkards,” she smiled, causing Jiyong to lightly chuckle. “Spill,” she leaned on the counter.

         “Girl problems,” he thumbed at the small shot glass in front of him.

         “Go on,” the bartender waited for him to continue.

         He sighed, drinking the shot and swallowed hard. “This girl is going out with a cheater. I don’t want to break them up, but I don’t like how he treats her like dirt.” He looked up at the bartender, sliding his shot glass towards her.

         “Can I give a little bit of input?” she poured him another drink, sliding it towards him. Jiyong just looked at her, trying to focus on just one of her. After drinking numerous times, his alcohol tolerance was still low. He then took the newly placed shot that was put in front of him, before letting her proceed. “Once a cheater, always a cheater. Let karma take care of this douche. Unless he has a really stupid reason for returning to his old routine, you shouldn’t waste your time. Because sooner or later, the girl’s bound to find out and boom – Splitsville,” she tapped her fingers on the counter and pushed herself off.

         Jiyong drank the new shot he was given and felt the room spinning.

         “One more?” she was already pouring his drink. He kept his eyes on her as he downed another shot, losing count of how many he already had. Soon, he found himself walking up to the dance floor, grinding up on random girls that allowed him to feel their bodies. He was so out of it, he hadn’t noticed that he was being dragged away from the dance floor and into a private secluded room.

          Turning around, he saw the bartender and smiled. “Hey,” he slurred. “Want to dance?” he grabbed her wrists but she just pulled them away, making him sit down on the couch.

          “Dude, my boss told me to let you sober up because you looked like a in’ creep grinding up on people,” she said, taking a wash cloth and put it into some ice cold water. “Put this on your head,” she said, passing the cloth towards him.

          Jiyong just chuckled. “Your boss didn’t tell you that,” he said shaking his head as he placed the cool cloth on his forehead and leaned back.

          “You caught me,” she shrugged. “I just don’t want you doing something you regret. You seem like a nice guy.” she said cleaning up the room they were in.

          “Lies,” he said, opening one eye to look at her as she cleared up the table. “You just have the hots for me.”

           She couldn’t help but feign a laugh, going along with his statement. “You’re right. I do have the hots for you,” she put a bunch of the beer bottles in a box and walked over to him, leaning against the table. “I was just getting so hot and bothered seeing you grinding up on those girls on the dance floor. I just had to get you alone,” she rolled her eyes and laughed. Before she could walk away from him, he grabbed her wrist, causing her to slightly stumble.

          “Stop with the lies,” Jiyong said with his eyes closed. “I know you want me.”

          “Look dude –“

          “Jiyong,” he said opening his eyes. “Kwon Jiyong.” He tugged her arm once more and she fumbled onto his lap. Through his hazy eyes, he could see that the girl had started to blush, causing him to lazily smirk.

          “Look, Kwon Jiyong. It’s my job to make sure that drunken guys like you don’t get into trouble, okay?” she said before trying to get up, only to be held back.

          “No,” he said, resting his forehead on her shoulder, causing her to stiffen at the close contact. “Just-Just stay like this with me for a while, okay?” his voice pleading.

          She sighed, looking around at the VIP room she was supposed to clean up before the bar closed. She then looked at the drunken guy on her shoulders, feeling a bit of sympathy for him. “Okay, but not for long okay dude? I have a job to do you know.”

          “Jiyong,” he mumbled. “My name is Jiyong,” he looked up at her.

          She shook her head and chuckled, “I’m never going to remember that man.”

          Jiyong was then surprised at what he had done next. He grabbed her face and looked at her. “Maybe this will help you remember,” he then placed his lips on hers.

-

A/N: short update~ sorry about that. I'll try to update every weekend, when I can. Please comment~ ^^b